Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 150 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
veltins

Male - Crossdressing lolita

Hey!

I wanted to try something new, so I decided to look around ^^! I will post links to what I am thinking about getting, please comment if you like it or not, and I haven't decided between shoes (gosh! women have so many nice shoes >_<!).

http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/photos/g693-1.jpg
http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/s...ct.asp?id=6181
http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/s...ct.asp?id=6239
http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/s...ct.asp?id=4344
http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/s...ct.asp?id=4398
Which of these 2 shoes:
- http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/showProduct.asp? id=2262&pageNumber=1&pageStop=stop_16&noSubType=N

- http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/s...19&noSubType=N

Yes, I do now that this is not the best site, quality-wise, but I like it. . . Also, what are the shoe sizes that go all the way up to 270 o.o?

TY!!! =)
veltins is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
Meiki

I like everything except for the headdress. Cheap lace and cat ears make it look really bad D: I'd go with something like this: http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/s..._4&noSubType=N if you really want a headdress, or even just a black headband with some flowers or bows on it from a normal store would be fine.

Also, bodyline's petticoats aren't great, sadly. Maybe look into something from taobao: http://clobbaonline.com/index.php?p=1_48

I like the first shoes better! They'll be more versatile in the long run. The shoes sizes are Japanese, so they're listed in centimeters.
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
veltins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
I like everything except for the headdress. Cheap lace and cat ears make it look really bad D: I'd go with something like this: http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/s..._4&noSubType=N if you really want a headdress, or even just a black headband with some flowers or bows on it from a normal store would be fine.

Also, bodyline's petticoats aren't great, sadly. Maybe look into something from taobao: http://clobbaonline.com/index.php?p=1_48

I like the first shoes better! They'll be more versatile in the long run. The shoes sizes are Japanese, so they're listed in centimeters.
Ahh, thanks for the help (:! I changed the lace, and the shoes are now in the shopping cart, but my decision is not final yet. I will try to look on some different sites, but this is all so overwhelming to me, never really knew that much about this style, and I find all these billion blocks of text x'). If you have some additional time, maybe you could PM me for my msn, and maybe help me some more ?

Ty!
veltins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
Meiki

Uhh well I don't have an msn account, so I can't really assist there. I'd be happy to help you more here, but I'm not entirely sure what you're needing more help with?
Unread 09-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
rainbow_dancer
cute :3 kawaii !!!

if your looking for more of a fashion. there is a livejournal group for "brolitas" that is a safe community for guys to talk about their fashion findings and style. idk what it is off the top of my head. but i'm sure you'll beable to get alot more information from guys there.

Anime Detour: Rena.hack// ::::: Acen: anthy himemiya from revolutionary girl utena::: Acen:: Nico// love live.
rainbow_dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
PoodleBoy

Ive been crossdressing in lolita style for a few years now. I got started by enlisting the help of my female lolita friends. They hooked me up with online shopping sites and took me out with them on lolita gatherings before I even tried my first attempt at dressing like that myself. When I was ready, my friends were more than happy to help me with everything! I dont know if you have some lolita friends available in person, but if you do - it really is a blessing to have them around! Best of luck!
Unread 10-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #7
MR_NM_0NE

I don't think when a guy dress up as lolita are crossdresser
I do wear lolita sometimes for photographic purpose and I never think wrong about it.
MR_NM_0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #8
PoodleBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_NM_0NE View Post
I don't think when a guy dress up as lolita are crossdresser
I do wear lolita sometimes for photographic purpose and I never think wrong about it.
When a male wears female lolita outfits, he is in fact crossdressing. Which I do. But that doesnt make it wrong or bad. It doesnt mean you are a crossdresser all the time. Since I dont consider lolita a costume or cosplay (most lolitas dont), it doesnt fall into "crossplay" most of the time.
Unread 10-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #9
MR_NM_0NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleBoy View Post
When a male wears female lolita outfits, he is in fact crossdressing. Which I do. But that doesnt make it wrong or bad. It doesnt mean you are a crossdresser all the time. Since I dont consider lolita a costume or cosplay (most lolitas dont), it doesnt fall into "crossplay" most of the time.
i do agree you with the definition of lolita as a fashion and not a costume or cosplay. But lolita fashion I seem it as a genderless fashion that apply on anyone who like it. And I think wearing a lolita have more to do than wear a female lolita outfits. The whole idea of gothic lolita is to show a characteristic of mystical, elegant and innocent feel regardless on gender. And a lot of visual kei memeber dress up lolita on concerts while playing their music. (Mana from Moi-même-Moitié, and Hizaki from Versailles.) A man who wear a lolita doesn't neccessary to hide you personality and behavior and act feminine, in which manly and elegant can exist at the same time. And therefore this is a different between gothic lolita fashion and crossdressing.

Again this is my personal opinion and believe when I wear gothic lolita, it may not apply to everyone else.
Unread 10-22-2011, 03:48 AM   #10
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

Quote:
i do agree you with the definition of lolita as a fashion and not a costume or cosplay. But lolita fashion I seem it as a genderless fashion that apply on anyone who like it. And I think wearing a lolita have more to do than wear a female lolita outfits. The whole idea of gothic lolita is to show a characteristic of mystical, elegant and innocent feel regardless on gender. And a lot of visual kei memeber dress up lolita on concerts while playing their music. (Mana from Moi-même-Moitié, and Hizaki from Versailles.) A man who wear a lolita doesn't neccessary to hide you personality and behavior and act feminine, in which manly and elegant can exist at the same time. And therefore this is a different between gothic lolita fashion and crossdressing.

Again this is my personal opinion and believe when I wear gothic lolita, it may not apply to everyone else.
Just putting my two cents worth, because this is an interesting subject.

While manliness can totally coexist with elegance (and indeed, should try to as much as possible IMO), I can't quite see it coexisting with petticoats. Don't get me wrong. Petticoats are awesome. But manly? Not really. The way I see it, lolita is an emphasis on femininity, on "pretty" if you will. Guys who dress in lolita are, as far as I can tell, trying to be pretty, as are the girls. Most of the guys you see in Visual Kei bands are definitely on the pretty end of the spectrum, so I guess it's kind of inevitable that gender stereotypes are going to get shaken up, but I think it's going more for a mysteriously elegant androgynous look than being any type of manly.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #11
MR_NM_0NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garen View Post
Just putting my two cents worth, because this is an interesting subject.

While manliness can totally coexist with elegance (and indeed, should try to as much as possible IMO), I can't quite see it coexisting with petticoats. Don't get me wrong. Petticoats are awesome. But manly? Not really. The way I see it, lolita is an emphasis on femininity, on "pretty" if you will. Guys who dress in lolita are, as far as I can tell, trying to be pretty, as are the girls. Most of the guys you see in Visual Kei bands are definitely on the pretty end of the spectrum, so I guess it's kind of inevitable that gender stereotypes are going to get shaken up, but I think it's going more for a mysteriously elegant androgynous look than being any type of manly.
For me the word 'manly' can apply on both male and female, let say the model Heidi Klum can be very manly on her Photos. And when hizaki is playing his guitar solo on stage, the music that he deliver is very 'manly'. 'Manly' for me doesn't not have to be merely visual, it can be exist in music as well. And that 'manly' feeling in music is one of the main reason why I'm interest in gothic lolita. To look pretty and act manly as the same time~! Okay I know I'm a Visual Kei fan boy XD~

P.S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jIyhCtb4c
Really that didn't sounds manly?

Maybe I'm getting a little bit too far away from the thread....
Unread 10-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

Quote:
For me the word 'manly' can apply on both male and female, let say the model Heidi Klum can be very manly on her Photos. And when hizaki is playing his guitar solo on stage, the music that he deliver is very 'manly'. 'Manly' for me doesn't not have to be merely visual, it can be exist in music as well. And that 'manly' feeling in music is one of the main reason why I'm interest in gothic lolita. To look pretty and act manly as the same time~! Okay I know I'm a Visual Kei fan boy XD~

P.S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jIyhCtb4c
Really that didn't sounds manly?

Maybe I'm getting a little bit too far away from the thread....
I admit, I hadn't thought about the audio aspect. You've made an interesting point.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 02:58 AM   #13
nerys

"When a male wears female lolita outfits, he is in fact crossdressing."

Hmm I guess this is an interesting concept for me.

On one hand

cross-dress
   [kraws-dres, kros-] Show IPA
verb (used without object)
to dress in clothing typically worn by members of the opposite sex.

according to the definition of the word your correct. I would be classified as a crossdresser.

but this is NOT the definition SOCIETY (at least american society) typically uses for Crossdresser.

in America the definition is usually more along the lines of

to dress in clothing typically worn by members of the opposite sex for the purpose of looking like the opposite sex. ie appearing female if your male.

and this is how most american crossdressers see it too. ie THEY WANT to appear female.

crossdressing for the most part in "inapplicable" to women in our society.

I received my first "lolita" dress last week. I wore it tonight. I have no intention or desire to "look" like a women.

I just liked it.

It is not "female" clothing. its "my" clothing in fact it was custom made just for me to my specifications (in bright blue and orange my favorite colors)

I like skirts and dresses. I like getting my nails done.

to me these are ways to be colorful as I love bright colors (I don't own a pair of black pants)

I don't wear panties or bra's (why would I ?) for me its about fashion and I LIKE the "look" of skirts and dresses. They are more fun more colorful and more comfortable. They are cheap too :-)

I get my finger nails done and I love showing them off (China Glaze Sun Worshiper this week one of my favorite colors) I never get my "toe nails" done cause I never display my toes so why would I bother :-)

I found this Lolita stuff a month or so ago and fell in love. AMAZING looking stuff.

Tonight I combined my 2 current favorite things Avatar and Lolita :-)

I ended up not wearing the mask (too hot) and it cost me a lot of money and would need to take it off to enjoy the movies and did not want to risk damaging it :-)

I got nothing but compliments all night. :-)

http://www.mylittlemouse.com/other/avatarlolita.jpg

I never did get a full body shot (night time) but here is the ebay pic I modified to give the lady in china the idea on the color scheme I wanted

http://www.mylittlemouse.com/other/dress.jpg

If I ever save up enough to order another I am going to reverse it. Bright orange with blue trim (I told you I like BRIGHT colors :-)

I definitely get attention. I am a big boy 6'4" 400 pounds :-)

I do it because I Love it. I wish there was some "lolita" groups in my area thought not sure how much they would be accepting of someone like me :-) hehe

I pride myself on not being normal. Normal is boring :-)
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
Fudou_Yusei

what kind of tips can one offer to a male who is crossplaying Lolita? i'm, sad to say, a newbie when it comes to Lolita cosplaying : (
Fudou_Yusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #15
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I still can't get up the courage to get into lolita
I really want to but...it just feels so odd and...I'm not exactly the manliest to start with so I'm not really sure I want to be mistaken for girl.
I have done one crossplay..and many people asked if it was lolita because it was Queen Victoria from Kuroshitsuji. It was a Victorian ballgown though...
I just don't know what to do :c
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote