Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > DC Universe

Unread 09-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
JMG181

Joker Variation

So I tried posting this elsewhere, but I made the newb mistake of including links - bear with me if you're seeing this without links, I'll be editing them in.

For Halloween, my fiancee let me pick costumes this year, which means a big improvement from "sexy airline captain" and "swashbuckler". Trying to mix what she likes, what I like, and a friend of ours, we will be Joker, Harley Quinn (fiancee), and Batgirl (friend, if she can make it). This is the faux-Harley: http://www.electriqueboutique.com/sh...s/4281-350.jpg

Based on that, and wanting to be cheap on my costume, I'm going for a modern-styled Joker - DK makeup and wig, but a cleaner look on the clothes. Haven't had luck with thrift stores, which is why I'm looking for feedback - no jacket. Here's the idea:

The shirt I think I can get for free with my mens wearhouse rewards. The vest I'll hold onto as a set to use with my tux, but like I mentioned, I think a different tie would be better. Overall, this shouldn't cost me much, about $60ish, but without the jacket.... thats why I went a little different, and made the shirt/belt purple.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ties.jpg (46.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JMG181 : 09-26-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Adding the links in
JMG181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
JMG181

Whew - its up! I've been continuing the thought on this, and had a few additions. Possibly keeping the suit jacket on with it, and wearing formal dress gloves, dyed purple. I also have a black pinstripe suit, which could be another option.

Another (more stylish, still brightly colored and ridiculous) sock option:
http://www.amazon.com/Boca-Classics-...078167&sr=1-24

I'd really like to do a hefty pocket watch - I think I have something somewhere, but I'm not sure if I can find it. I found some GREAT stuff on etsy, but mostly from Hong Kong, which means I probably won't get it in time with my shipping luck.

Last edited by JMG181 : 09-26-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
JMG181

Hmm... if I'm going without a jacket, maybe these gloves in green will work? Shame they don't have purple. Or should I reverse and go with a purple vest, green shirt? Gah!

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Gloves-Mens...f=pd_sbs_t2_a3
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
JMG181

Ok, so apparently it was right in front of me... Alex Ross's Dance with Evil, with a few colorful tweaks..

I feel validated, and relieved. Time to make with the ordering...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ross-colored.jpg (44.7 KB, 0 views)