Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

Weird cosplay/convention dreams

Since if you do cosplay a lot, or eagerly awaiting a convention, naturally your mind will conjure up a dream revolving around the subject as you sleep. So what have been some of your weird cosplay dreams?

For me, I had one about last minute going to AX and having to get dressed on the way. My cosplay was of Vocaloid Meiko, but for some reason my wig was all puffy and messy, and I couldn't get it back to normal! I tried to wet it down, push it down, put pins....it was bizzare, on top of that the convention center didn't look a thing like it actually does. It looked small and dim in the dream XD
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)

Currently in the works!
Keichii Maebara [casual, genderbent] (Higurashi)
Shinji Ikari [school uniform, genderbent] (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Best one I ever had; a Pacific Rim jaeger mech-suit materialized in my apartment, but for some reason it had roller skates that made walking really difficult. Then a mascot-costumed kaiju cosplayer challenged me to a fight. I won. =D
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #3
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Three to say.

- I was Edward Elric, with Alphonse, invading "The Castle of the Son of Nobuo Uematsu"... I remember it started with us going down these stairs in the dark, and I hear *CHING*CHING*CHING*CHING*CHING*CHING*CHING*CHING* .... I push Alphonse to the wall and we duck. Through the walls just above our heads, there were spears coming out of the wall. We pressed on, and found ourselves in a room with one of those metal eye things from the Zelda N64 games that need to be bombed to be destroyed. It shot out lazers, and we got by it. Eventually, we were walking down a hall, and I saw a door. As soon as I was opening it, I woke up.

- I was at a convention, and I was being chased by Tsubasa with huge white wings, flying around the con with a spear in his hand. *Tsubasa from Kannazuki no Miko*

- I was dressed as Finnegan from Trapt (PS2) and I was running late for Anime Boston, so I ran through Boston to get to the convention center.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #4
Synaster

I dreamt I was at a convention and there were Elsas (from Frozen) as far as the eye could see in all shapes AND sizes.

Somewhat related, there's a snowstorm raging outside. Damn Elsa cosplayers! Lol.
Synaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
NaughtsApproach

^ lol thats hilarious XD

last one i can remember i was getting ready for a judging/competition and my cosplay wasnt even close to being done, i was panicing, but decided to peice things together with random bits that wernt even close Y___Y....

made me really antsy to start up that cosplay again...i have 5 months! o3o lol

Western CO Cosplay group

:Website:
http://futagocosplay.wix.com/futagocosplay

:FaceBook page:
http://www.facebook.com/WeAreFutagoCosplay

Take a look at our pages!<3

OR My personal business page for any interest in Commissions
http://www.facebook.com/allisonsCustomCostumes
NaughtsApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
Ilafatyu
That guy

Again, not directly a cosplay dream, but after wearing Judal to a gathering I had a dream that I had ridiculously long hair that I kept tripping over. That's what I get from fussing about it so much, I guess.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
marshmallowpie
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrling

I've had a lot, but my most recent involved me going to Anime North (which I am)(also what it looked like in my dream was probably not what the con actually looks like at all) and trying on my contacts for the first time and having them be too small to cover my eyes properly...

An older one I still remember was that I went to Japan and at a thrift store, found a cosplay of Miku in the song Like a Rolling Star, which I had wanted to cosplay at the time, but in the dream I only had Canadian money.
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
Eldi
Sneak thief

I had a dream recently that I got my eye poked out (don't remember how) like a month before a con and I was like "damn now I'll have to cosplay that girl with an eyepatch" (talking about Rikka Takanashi) and I started looking for all the stuff to do it... even though I've never seen that show

ETA: I forgot the best part- Some person at the con came up and rudely told me my eyepatch was on the wrong side, so I flashed him my gory poked-out eye and told him off

Last edited by Eldi : 04-06-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Eldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #9
SA2R
King of the Skies

I had a few dreams were I am cosplaying characters I know of, but don't know much more than that. Not the character's name, the series or how the character interacts with other characters within the series.
I feel kind of silly in the dream cause I am unable to interact with anyone. I am usually never in character when I cosplay, but in the dream it's a big deal XD

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 05:37 AM   #10
Moonsong
daughter of evil

I had a dream around 2006-ish just before I went to Anime Boston..I had a dream that I was in the Prudential Center mall, and I knew that the convention was supposed to be around there because I'd been there before, but no matter where I looked or how many circles I went in, I just couldn't get there. I then decided to ask for help, only to realize that all the people around me were freakishly tall and skinny, and had blurred out faces. (Think Slenderman, I guess...?) They just ignored me and walked past me like ghosts or something. It was actually really scary. ;_;

Anime Expo & Otakon

★Shizuma (Strawberry Panic!) - 50% complete
★Saber EXTRA - 85% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 05:57 AM   #11
Toribelle96
Ze awesome (Nyo)Prussia

I dreamed we drove all the way there but realized we forgot my friend and her little brother at their house cause we left 2 hours early O.o gonna have to make sure she's there just incase when we leave XD
Unread 04-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #12
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

Hahaha, some interesting dreams there~

Well today I had a dream that when I checked my items' tracking I ordered for cosplay, it ended up in WYOMING. I was like "WHHHAAAAAAAAT?! SHOOT, I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT VISOR AT WAL-MART!!!!" Hopefully that visor doesn't go to Wyoming in real life XD
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)

Currently in the works!
Keichii Maebara [casual, genderbent] (Higurashi)
Shinji Ikari [school uniform, genderbent] (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #13
Julesie

A few weeks ago I dreamt that it was time for MCM. I got my hotel booked and it ended up being really far away. Not sure why as it is my usual hotel.

I then started unpacking, only to realize I had forgotten one outfit at home, the jewellery and wig for another costume and the third one was missing the trousers. I ended up having no costumes at all and spent 3 days walking around as myself. The worst part of the dream. I ended up sharing a hotel room with my best friend who hates anime (not sure why she was there for a convention) and she didn't even want me to go to the convention so I had to go over there by myself with no costume.

I had another one last night too but I don't remember what happened except that I was horrified when I woke up.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #14
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Last night I had the stupidest dream I think I've ever had. Weird fitful disjointed stress dreams about--get this--WHERE CAN I PUT THE ZIPPER IN THE DRESS I'M WORKING ON. OMG CAN'T SLEEP WHERE WILL THE ZIPPER GO WHAT CAN I DO

The amount of worry my subconscious is apparently willing to invest in that zipper is astounding.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #15
Ilafatyu
That guy

Last night I dreamed I was painting Sheik's chainmail, but every time I put paint on, the mail started to dissolve. Dream-me decided that it was close enough to the color without the paint and that the holes would make it look battleworn. Dream-me wasn't having any of that drama.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote