Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #151
TheCosplayFox

when I was dressed in my lugia costume someone said look daddy they gots really big hands that was pretty cute lol.
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #152
CrossedCrowns

I remember at cosplaying Finn from Adventure time to school this year for Halloween. I went to the Elementary school to help out with their little Halloween walk, and one of the little boys was like 'Finn! Finn, can we go on adventures?!' Oh my gosh it was sooo cute. >w<
CrossedCrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #153
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
I once saw a Jack Sparrow try to get a toddler to talk to him. He kept saying this like, "Hello, my pretty." Showing her a cursed coin and asking if she knew what it was. Meanwhile the mom holding the child was saying thinks like, "That's not the real Jack Sparrow. That's just someone dressed like him. Jack Sparrow is just a character; he's not real." At that last bit the child look at her Mom like the Mom was an idiot. The toddler never did talk but she kept smiling and giggling at Jack.
Aww that's so cute! I bet he was a really good Jack Sparrow
I've never seen another Jack Sparrow randomly before... only saw them at a con
That's really annoying that the mother would do that though, at least the kid didn't seem phased by it

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #154
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

My favorite is when I'm wearing bit dresses and little girls say that I'm a princess. (:
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #155
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

When I took my Kagome costume to a con for the first time, there was a little girl dressed as Kagome too. She and her friend came up to me and asked if she could have a picture with me. I thought it was soooo cute. I had a mini-me. XD

The second experience of note was when I was in mY Zelda costume, wearing my big ass ears. I'm in the bathroom, touching up my makeup when a mom and her little boy come in. The boy's eyes were like saucers, staring at my ears. His mom noticed and said, "Those are her real ears." He looked at me, and I nodded, saying, "I didn't eat enough veggies as a kid." And then his mom asked, "Do you want ears like that?" His response, "NOOOOOO." It was funny.

The third noteworthy experience, is another ear experience. I was dressed as Anju that time at the Zelda Symphony. I'm waiting for my mother outside the bathroom and a mom and her kids are walking by. One of the little boys sees my ears, tugs at his mom's skirt and says, "Mom, how do I get ears like that?!" XD
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #156
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

At the last Fanime, my brother was dressed as Yuuko Ichihara. In heels, he's about 6'4". As we left our hotel, we passed a woman and her two young children.

Little boy: *looking up at Bro* Whoaaaa!
Mom: You could be that tall too if you drink your milk!

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #157
TsukiKayla
Mayhem Cosplay

This Halloween I threw together a quick Rapunzel from Tangled for an event I was volunteering at. I had a long, blonde wig that I braided and got stuck flowers from the dollar store in and paired it with a leotard dress from a dance costume, and a pink corset.
I was painting faces and I heard a little girl dressed as a princess in line whisper to her mother, "Momma, is that the REAL Rapunzel?"
"Well, I don't know, sweety. I guess you'll have to wait and ask."
Once it was her turn she came over and sat on the chair. I turned to her and with my overly practiced, best Disney princess voice possible I say, "Oh why, hello there, little princess! What kind of face painting would you like?"
She squeals and yells "Mom! It IS the real Rapunzel! Can I get a picture with her?!"
I grab my frying pan from under the seat for a picture and then tell her all about my adventures of being outside the castle and being married to Eugene and how Pascal was hiding in the tree. She left and stopped by when she had to leave.
TsukiKayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #158
hikaru2322

Kids seem to really like my Beatrice cosplay from Umineko :3

At Zenkaikon earlier this year, there were a few kids that actually knew who I was dressed as and got really excited. They would yell "Beatrice!" and run up to me whenever they saw me. They were so ADOWABLE!!!! X3

Also, at NYCC this year, I dressed as Beatrice on Sunday, also known as children's day, and a lot of kids asked to take pictures with me (despite the fact that I was carrying a head on a platter!). There was even a little girl in the subway who told me I looked pretty.

These are the times I actually like kids ^^
hikaru2322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #159
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
Aww that's so cute! I bet he was a really good Jack Sparrow
I've never seen another Jack Sparrow randomly before... only saw them at a con
That's really annoying that the mother would do that though, at least the kid didn't seem phased by it
He won one of the top prizes in that years costume contest.
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #160
Lucid_Enigma

Kids used to love my Miku cosplay because of the hair. A lot of little kids would come up to me asking if its my real hair and if they could touch it. It was always cute.

Recently my Marceline has been popular with kids. One little girl came up to me at NYCC this year and said how much she liked how I looked and that she wanted a hug. Luckily none of the body paint came off haha. She said I was pretty and I was really flattered.

Usually though I get a lot of parents who ask me to take pictures with their kids because the kids are too shy to ask me themselves. It's always super cute in my opinion.
2D (Stuart Pot) 100%

Lucid_Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #161
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

I have two stories about kids and cosplays.

I was cosplaying Nico Robin from One Piece, and all of a sudden I heard someone scream her name. I look around and there is a little boy, he looked so excited and he ran up to me and hugged me. He started telling me how Robin was his favorite character. it just made me smile, and I just loved it so much.

The second story took place last year. I was cosplaying Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara, and I was waiting for the elevator to go back to my room. Well a little kid just looked at me. Then he turned to his dad and just said "Look daddy, pirate" (I guess it was the eyepatch). I laughed a little at how cute he was.

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #162
aspiekid0101

At last year's May MCM Expo, I was with my mate (he was Stan Smith from American Dad and I was Thor) as we were trying to find one of our other friends who'd disappeared somewhere. We were then chatting with this dude dressed as Spider-Man when suddenly, we heard the excited, high pitched cries of "Dad! Look! It's Thor and Spider-Man!"

We turned around and saw this guy and his two boys dressed as Mario and Luigi, who looked so over the moon to see their favorite characters and begged us for a picture. One of them even asked my friend if he was a SHIELD agent because of his suit.

Also on the same day, I saw this adorable little boy dressed as Captain America, who was there with his parents. His mum saw me and pointed at me saying to him "Look! Who's that?" I gave them a smile and waved and even though he seemed very shy, he grinned back at me. I felt a bit bad because I think he wanted to give me a hug, but the place was so crowded that we were all forced to keep moving along. But at least I made it a good day for some kids.
Unread 01-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #163
tipsd9video
Juudaime!

I love the stories on this thread.
I have two stories that come to mind, but I don't think either of them made the kids very happy.
I was at a cosplaying as Tsuna from Hitman Reborn at a picnic, and I heard a kid saying something about me being an alien...lol?
When my brother was cosplaying as Hibird, some really young kid's mother said "look a giant duck!" and the kid saw him and started crying.
Groose (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater)
Ukyo (Amnesia)
Natsuki (Uta no Prince Sama)
Kumagawa (Medaka Box)

Facebook
DA Account
Youtube accounts:
tipsd9video (for animations and AMVs)
animefxnstuff (for live action videos)
tipsd9video is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #164
Baahboo_123

I cosplayed Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians not long ago, in time for christmas. Decided to wander around the city (Brisbane) with my Girlfriend as Merida. Cannot tell you the amount of small kids who were out with their parents that day, tugging on the back of their shirts when they saw us. Had one little girl in particular run up to me and jump-hug me from behind, who'd apparently just gone to see the movie with her Mom that day, and lit up when she saw us.

There is nothing more satisfying than making kid's days in cosplay. Nothing.

. Supanova Gold coast 2013
. Animania Brisbane 2013
Baahboo_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:46 AM   #165
LiebeSelbstmord
Charming Devil Cosplay

I love all these stories! I couldn't agree more that seeing kids' reactions to cosplay are some of the most memorable and satisfying.
The only one for me that comes to mind though was at a recent convention. I was cosplaying as Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden standing around talking with my friends when I felt something tugging on my pant leg. I look down to see a little girl cosplaying as Sakura with the biggest smile on her face. I waved and said, "Hey there Sakura". Her smile seemed to get bigger (if that's even possible lol) and she said, "Hi Sasuke! Can I have a hug?" Of course I said yes so I knelt down and opened my arms to give her a hug. She jumped into my arms and gave me a kiss on the cheek saying, "I hope you come back to the leaf village real soon" and ran off back to her parents. It was adorable lol

Aki Con 2014:
Holo - Spice & Wolf (90%)
Husband = Lawrence - Spice & Wolf (70%)
Sai - Naruto Shippuden (90%)
Husband = Naruto - Naruto Shippuden (80%)
Sasuke Uchiha (casual outfit) - Naruto Shippuden (100%)

Sakura Con 2015:
Possibilities:
Sai - Naruto Shippuden (90%)
Sasuke Uchiha - Naruto Shippuden (100%)
Rosette - Chrono Crusade (0%)
Kouga - Inuyasha (30%)
Jinx - League of Legends (10%)
LiebeSelbstmord is offline   Reply With Quote