Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #166
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

I attended SacAnime today with a bunch of friends. I went as Poison, so naturally I looked very trashy and intimidating. So I'm heading to the hotel across the street when this cute little girl fumbles her way over to me saying my name, her mom not more than a few steps behind her smiling at me. She tells me her dad plays Street Fighter, and that I'm her favorite character because my hair's pink. My heart melted, I fell in love with her instantaneously. I swear, if I could've carried her with me the whole con, I would have.

~In Progress~
Erica Anderson - Catherine
Isabella - Paradise Kiss

My Tumblr
My deviantART
My Facebook

Last edited by Apple Adams : 01-06-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Apple Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #167
hikaru2322

I had almost forgotten about when I wore my Jill Valentine battlesuit costume from Resident Evil 5 at NYCC. A man (with his family and wife) saw me and said, "Jill!!!!" and then asked for my picture. When he stood next to me, he said to his little kid that was probably six or seven years old, "Look! It's Jill!" and the kid came sprinting up to me. It was adorable! His other son was probably a freshman in high school was also asked to get in the picture too. ^^
hikaru2322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #168
NeonGenki
Wait A Macaroni Minute...

Every time my Deadmau5 head gets worn there is always a little kid calling out 'Hey its Micky Mouse!"
NeonGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #169
Julesie

I was trying on my violet contacts earlier when my niece stepped into the room. My brother told her to look in my eyes so she did, exclaimed 'ah!' and hugged him. Bless her. She wasn't used to seeing purple eyes on someone.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #170
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

@Julesie: Don't it make your brown eyes blue?
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #171
MirniMausi
Just live more

I remember when we had a small cosplay meet-up some years ago, we were sitting in the train and suddenly a girl poked her head through the seats, looked at my friend, who was dressed up as Link from The Legen of Zelda and said: "You're Link, right?" She was soooo cute!

I was a bit sad I haven't met kids the last times I wore my Mulan cosplay, but when we had our Disney princess group last year at Leipzig bookfair an elementary school teacher came up to us and asked if she could take a picture because the girls in her group were huge fans of the Disney princesses. ^_^

~Up Next~
Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #172
luckikitten
Nutella Dipper

OMG! I've loving these stories! I haven't cosplayed around any children just yet, but if I do and I get some funny reactions, I'll be sure to post then. It's cute how many of the little girls that you guys mentioned think that almost every female who cosplays is a princess!

Animazement 2014:

Friday: Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Saturday: Machi (Hunter x Hunter)
Sunday: Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony; Friendship Is Magic)
luckikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #173
MissLunatic
Someone

I barely got reactions from kids up till now (just once I was asked for a photo back in the good old Naruto times). But some of my friends happen to enjoy cosplaying as Furries.
And so it's no wonder that they are real kid-magnets even though I don't think the little ones recognize the real characters behind it very often (e.g. Kyuubi from Naruto, Kuro from Ao no Exorcist or Uri from KH Reborn!). For them it's just a huge cat, dog... but still it's always very very cute to watch.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Ling Yao (Gluttony's Belly) (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #174
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Well, I wasn't actually in cosplay at the time but my three year old niece, who's by now used to the fact that her aunt wears whacky costumes all of the time, came up to me the other day and said this,

"I wanna be Princess Celeshta, and you can be Princess Luna Moon."

And I remember I smiled so hard and said, "We can do that next Halloween."

"Why Halloween? I wanna be Celeshta now."

I am molding this child into a cosplayer. Yesssssssssss.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #175
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

We were hanging out in the mall a bit Sunday after Anime Boston 2012. While we were sitting on some benches, a man and his little son and daughter came up to us. I was cosplaying fem!Canada from Hetalia and had my polar bear sitting on my head. The man didn't speak much English, but he kept trying to get his son to take a picture with me. His son was so intent on watching the bear on my head, though; he refused to turn his back on me to take the picture. It was so funny XD
Another time a friend and I were coming back from a cosplay picnic, and before dropping my friend off at home, we decided to stop by and say hi to some friends of ours who had recently moved into a house down the street from her. I was dressed as Seychelles from Hetalia, and as their two little girls came out to greet us, the youngest said, "You look adorable!" Her sister kept trying to get me to take my wig off for whatever reason XD
I actually know a lot of families with kids, and they all think it's awesome that I dress up in costumes. They always want to look at my camera to see the pictures I have from conventions. They make me feel special X-)
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #176
vdaysnowstorm
Sugarless

Two years ago at Otakon, I was cosplaying as Neviril from Simoun. I was walking back to the hotel and a man stopped me and asked if I would take a photo with his little daughter. She thought I was a fairy and asked me where my wings were. Had to make up something on the spot

Also, my friend was cosplaying as a Naruto character (not sure who, not a Naruto fan) and we stopped at a rest area on the way to the con. A little boy started flipping out at seeing his favourite character in real life ^_^.
vdaysnowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #177
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Lol, nothing is cuter than little girls seeing "Princesses" xD

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #178
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

Last year at Fanime I was dressed as Captain Yoruichi with her short purple hair, many people kept confusing me for Captain Soi Fon, as I was walking into the dealers room a little girl yells "It's Yoruichi!" really excitedly! I looked over, she was still pointing at me so I smiled and waved, it was so cute.
Ruby New Years.........Progress 0%
Secret Cosplay...........Progress 100%
Secret Cosplay 2...........Progress 0%

Conventions for 2014:
NorCal Winter Gathering

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #179
Julesie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2004 View Post
@Julesie: Don't it make your brown eyes blue?
My eyes aren't brown. They are blue/grey/green.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #180
Spazmodroid
AKA, the awesom-o 4000

there was a little girl in a poliwhirl costume that hugged me and said "hi mr. robot!" while i wore my asimo costume.
Hello, geeks. Look at your profile, now back to mine, now back at your profile, NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, your cosplays aren't mine, but if you stopped wearing cat ears and fishnets and made your own suits of armor, yours could look like mine. Where does this LINK go? Back at me. I see it, itís my facebook page filled with pics of me creating that thing you love. Look again, THE PICS ARE NOW VIRAL. Anything is possible when your costume looks like Spazmodroid's and not this.

I'm over 9000
Spazmodroid is offline   Reply With Quote