Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #181
Jule_Cosplay
Princess Jule

Well this isn't really my story, it's my boyfriend's, but I was there as a witness.

So we were at NYCC 2012 last year as Robin and Zoro from One Piece, just walking around the dealer hall. We had stopped at a stand, and suddenly from behind heard, "ZORO!" My boyfriend turned around to an 8 year old boy with one of the happiest faces I have ever seen. Zoro just smiled and waved, but he said to me later "I felt like that kids hero."

Just another heartwarming con moment

Unread 01-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #182
Akune-chan

That moment when you cosplayed Orochimaru on Kids Day at NYCC 2012.

There were 5 little children (I think they were all around the ages of 5?), four boys and one girl. My Naruto group was walking around going up the steps to go to the Jacob Javits Statue when I suddenly found a Tsunade cosplayer only to have my attention grabbed by this young child that was staring up at me with fearful eyes. I looked at his parents and waved politely (I was slightly freaked out myself. I didn't want to scare the poor kid even more) to show that I wasn't some kind of freak or something (I always have a tendency to feel like that when cosplaying Orochimaru) and then got down to his eye level. Then I noticed the other four children that were staring at me as well.

Next thing you know it became a How Many Children willing came to hug Orochimaru game. The Jiraiya cosplayer was yelling not to come hug me since apparently I was going to kidnap them all. The parents were laughing while I guess I was growing embarrassed at this point since the little girl came up and hugged me and then looked over to her friends and said "Its okay guys! She's not evil!" Next thing you notice is 5 children hugging me at the same time.

That just made my day since I won the game.

Then on the same day, I was allowed to hold a baby (who was cosplaying Baby Naruto) and she kept screaming when she wasn't in my arms. For some reason that made me smile and giggle when she was crying in Jiraiya's arms.

Take that, Pervert. 8]

Last edited by Akune-chan : 01-19-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #183
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

I have a couple.

First of all, there's this photo. It's from this last WonderCon, I'm Fluttershy and my friend (who awesomely made my Fluttershy) was Rarity. We were standing outside the Dealer's Hall as it was closing when I spotted these two little girls. I immediately switched to Fluttershy mode, asking if they were having fun and so on. I complimented the adults with them for their being such sweet little girls, and they asked for photos. Now, I'm not impressively tall (about 5'7"), but when I take photos with little kids I still like to kneel down so I'm on their level. Well, as soon as my friend and I did, the girls sat down with us, hence the photo! It was too cute, and one of my favorite WonderCon memories.

Also, I wore my red and gold ballgown to cosplay at the Asian American Expo at the L.A. County Fair. When I was wearing it Sunday, I had a lot of little girls come up to me and ask if I was a princess, asking for a photo with me. It was too adorable.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Angelic_Sabyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #184
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Pony cosplay is child magnet cosplay.

When I cosplayed Derpy this little girl just came right up to me and hugged me. It was like completely random - she came out of nowhere and just latched on and I was all like "SO CUTE BAW"; and when I was Rarity a couple of little girls squealed when they saw me and asked me if they could take pics with me. They were so happy. For realz, I've never felt so much love in any of my cosplays before.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 99%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #185
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

This was a while ago, Seishun Con 2011 I believe..but..my only real run in with kids while in cosplay.
Most of our Kuroshitsuji group (a couple of them had to leave; we also had an England with us) decided to go hang out at a nearby mall for a bit after con, since (I think) it was Sunday and the convention had ended early in the afternoon. We of course went to Barnes and Noble to look at manga together, and I look over to see a kid no older than five staring in absolute wonder at our Sebastian. We all notice and turn to him, and he just puts his hands over his mouth and starts happily saying "Michael Jackson! You're Michael Jackson! You're Michael Jackson!"
Our Sebastian had NO idea how to react to him, so she just ended up high-fiving him with a smile without saying much. The kid went back over to his older siblings and just looked so happy to have met him. Of course, since this was shortly after Michael died we were all worried about how confused the kid would be if he remembered it later down the line, but it was just hilarious and adorable at the time XD
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #186
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

I cosplayed as Mirai Ozora from "Moldiver" in 2008. While eating lunch at the Anime Expo food court, this little girl --not more than 7-- shyly walked up to me. Her mom said she'd been watching me and wanted to get her picture taken with me. The little girl looked at me with big eyes as she was dressed as Kari from "Kingdom Hearts." ((At least I think it was Kari. I'm not familiar with Kindom Hearts as I should be.)) Of course, I said yes, and posed for a couple of shots. She said thank you, gave me a hug around my waist, and ran back to her mom.

Here's a picture.

I felt like such a super hero. She made my entire day shine like gold. I'll never forget how much her innocence filled my heart that day. The memory still makes me smile. Thank you, tiny Kari.

Best. Cosplay moment. Ever.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #187
Mae-Gwyn
Mae-Gwyn

My boyfriend and I decided to go all out for Halloween last year. I was Princess Jasmine and he was the Shredder from TMNT. We were walking through downtown montreal to a party (in full costume of course) when I heard a little boy tell his father, "Look daddy, it's the Shredder!" I glanced over and saw the kid's face; he was completely entranced! It was so adorable!
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #188
Kiyoko-Usagi
Carbon Based Lifeform

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
Lol how typical. I would find it a bit weird that someone cosplays Justin Bieber

There were 2 Justin cosplayers at Ohayocon this past weekend. I stared for a good long time, then I had to go up to them both (at different times, they weren't at the con together) and ask them. Super strange to me, but oh well. Though, I heard a lot of people screaming insults at one of them. Kind of feel bad for the guy, but feel at the same time he was almost asking for it.

Though, my own story about all this, my friend cosplayed as Belle in her yellow ballgown this past weekend at Ohayocon, and I actually got teary eyed with how many children were coming up to her and falling into her dress and hugging her. It was like we were at Disney World almost with how excited these kids were! So adorable.

Upcoming Cosplays: Cheshire Cat CATS style, Kristoff (Frozen), Captain Amelia (Treasure Planet) and Vemon (Marvel)
Kiyoko-Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #189
MidoriUeki

Two moments happened to me with the same reaction from kids.
At Anime Revolution, I cosplayed as Gijinka version of Perry the Platypus. I was eating lunch with friends at the food court, which is right beside the con. I need to go to the washroom, so as I was walking on my way there, there was a little girl who saw me and said," Dad look! It's Perry the Platypus" I smiled and tipped my hat to her before I kept walking.

Another moment is at Cos&Effect, I was cosplaying as Once-ler and a family passed by me and the little boy said "Mom! That's Once-ler!" It totally made my day! :3
Flutteryshy - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Ferb (Punk ver.) - Phineas and Ferb
Ashley (Sector Z ver.) - Kids Next Door*
Princess Celestia (Military ver.) - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic*

Conventions 2013:
Sakura-con
San Diego Comic-con (Maybe)
Anime Revolution
Cos&Effect
MidoriUeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #190
RobbyKun
Twerk Team

One of the best moments of cosplaying is when kids come check out my cosplays, especially the time I was cosplaying the Hollowfied Ichigo from Bleach. Kids seemed to love that one.
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #191
siyrean

I was waiting for the subway in full fluttershy cosplay. This little girl kept insisting I was a Fairy... I couldn't figure out how she didn't notice my ears.

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver.
Teslacon: Steampunk
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #192
BumblebeeMituna
Blood Soaked

Mine was actually from last Halloween, I was with my Hubs (I was all decked out in my Hunter cosplay) and we went into Big Lots (where this was taken: http://nirika-stitches.deviantart.com/#/d5jri5z ) anywho...as soon as I walked out to scope out Dollar Tree 3 cars full of highschool kids started screaming 'HUNTER! OHMAHGAWD HUNTER!' And chased me into the store,they all asked for pics,which I'm really not used to. But right after that,I was walking one of the aisles this little boy stopped dead (ha pun) in his tracks and just stared at me. I smiled and waved at him,but he was not having any of that. He told me I was a zombie I should act like it. xD I was trying to prevent scaring him actually,but he wanted a zombie. So I gave my best hunter scream and growls,to say the least he was hapy. He even joined me,his mom just laughed and took our picture.
BumblebeeMituna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #193
vdaysnowstorm
Sugarless

This Zenkaikon I was Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time. During a group shoot there were two instances where kids wanted to take photos with us. I let them hold Lady for the photos. Not sure if they knew the show or were entertained by how our skins were pink or gray. My friend and I went to subway and the same thing happened.
vdaysnowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #194
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Some of my favorite reactions to costumes have been from kids. My very first cosplay was Sailor Mercury, alongside my friend who cosplayed Sailor Moon. We worked painting faces at a kids' Halloween event and some of the kids were just so enamored with the costumes and wanted to get their photos with the Sailor Scouts. (This was back when Sailor Moon aired daily on Toonami).

Last Dragon*Con, I cosplayed as Nova the Fairy from Once Upon a Time, and little girls kept coming up to me. Most of them didn't recognize the character, but I was a pink, poofy, glittery fairy, and that was enough. The sheer look of delight on their faces was so sweet, and one girl just gushed about my shoes (white sequined ballet flats).

It was a welcome change from the day before, when I was dressed as The Architect, a purple guy in black robes and a crazy headpiece (one of the villains/monsters from the video game Dragon Age). I had to step out of a group photo with some kids because a little boy refused to get in the shot if I was there. The costume wasn't overly-scary, I thought, but something about it really bothered the kid. I felt so bad and tried to explain that I was just a person in a costume, but he was pretty freaked out and the best thing I could do was walk away and let my friends (dressed as the good guys in medieval knight-style costumes and mage robes) calm him down. They cheered him up before we left, but I felt just awful.
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #195
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I was dressed like Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon to go to a friend's house and have a SM marathon, when we decided to go to Burger King. My friend asked me to give a cheesy Tuxedo Mask speech in the restaurant and I did at our table, I even threw some fake roses to her. When I finished and sat down, this little boy at the table behind me was just staring at me, mouth agape like I was some kind of super hero. It was adorable. ^w^
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote