Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #16
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

Last MCM Expo in May, i was Lightning and i was waiting in line to get my ticket. halfway through the line this kid (looked about 8) just STARED at me with these wide eyes and starts shouting, "Mom, hey Mom, LOOK! Theres a Final Fantasy character!! Look Mom it's her!" and starts pointing at me, the mom told him to be quiet and ushered him away XDD

Futher down the line, these 5 year old twins were ahead of us and one started crying (i think he was overwhelmed) and the dad was looking around for somthing to calm the kid down when he spotted me, and starting saying to his kid "come on, don't cry look, ask the nice girl about her sword". LOL. the boy was quite shy and i let him hold the handle of my gunblade for abit (don't worry i was still holding onto it). He was okay after that ^^
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
TheDuke22

I've never been to a con before...but I do Civil War reenactments. That sort of counts I suppose.

Anyway I get so many young kids asking me the funniest questions. (Sadly some adults to) Like one time some kid, and adult to, asked me if we used real bullets.

I didn't know what to say when an adult asked me, so I just nodded and pointed to some sleeping dude in a field. Told them I shot that guy. I think he believed me cause he started to back away.

Also had one kid who was so astonished at a fire we had made. His father explained that it was a prop and proved it by touching real fire...hey how are those props for you, hot enough? :P
TheDuke22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
rajamitsu

I was dressed at Ciel at GenCon this year and every time I noticed a kid looking at me, I'd nod and slightly tip my hat. My group and I were waiting for a table at a restaurant. I was sitting with a Grell I'd caught up with. A little girl walks by, looking around at everything, saying, "Pretty! Pretty!" She looks our way and I do my little hat tip. She then scoots over to put her dad between us and loses some of her enthusiasm. "Pretty... Pretty..." Couldn't tell if she was just being shy or if I'd accidentally scared her.

My favorite moment, though, was in a non-character costume. I had a black blouse, big ol' orange skirt, and corset that I've been planning on using for a steampunk-ish costume. I was helping run a public Halloween party for kids, so I tossed that on with a witch's hat and an elaborate walking stick. I was stationed helping some kids with a board game.

I had a little girl dressed as Tiana sitting next to me. She seemed shy and kept glancing over at me. Finally, she asked, "Are you really a witch? I told her, "Yes, but I'm a good witch." She was quite relieved by that answer and was my buddy for the rest of the party. When it was over, she came over to thank me, say good-bye, and curtseyed. I curtseyed back. She lit up at that and hurried off to tell her mom. X3
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #19
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

I've had a few cute little kid moments!

My first one was when my friends and I did a group cosplay of Inuyasha characters..I was Inuyasha and my friends were Kagome, Kouga and Shippo. We went to a voice actor meet and greet and sat at a big round table. As we were waiting a Mom, Dad and their two little girls came and asked if they could share our table. Of course we said yes and the little girls started squealing. One of them said "omg..we're at a table with Inuyasha, Kouga, Shippo AND Kagome!!" Later on they asked if the girls could have pictures with us and we said "sure!" I put my arm around one of the girls and she was shaking she was so excited/happy. Their Dad said "I think you guys just made their day!"
Later on that day the same two girls ran up to us and asked us to autograph their manga! I signed "Have a great Ohayocon!" -Inuyasha-
It might have made their con but it sure made mine as well! ^_^

Another little kid moment was when I was dressed as Coraline at Dragoncon. I was walking around and I had the Little Me doll as a prop. A group of kids and their Mom flagged me down and asked for a picture. I smiled, said "Sure!" and they all gathered around me for a pic. Afterwards the smallest girl motioned for me to lean down. I did and she leaned up and whispered in my ear "Your doll is the Other Mother's spy!" I pretended to be surprised and said "Really? It is?! Wow, thanks for letting me know..." She nodded with this really serious look on her face and said "Be careful Coraline!" and walked away. It made me giggle so much.

I've also had a girl hug me when I was dressed as Elphaba and she told me "I think your pretty Elphaba!" ^_^ I was glad I was wearing green make up because it actually made me blush..LOL
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #20
TheDuke22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamitsu View Post
I had a little girl dressed as Tiana sitting next to me. She seemed shy and kept glancing over at me. Finally, she asked, "Are you really a witch? I told her, "Yes, but I'm a good witch." She was quite relieved by that answer and was my buddy for the rest of the party. When it was over, she came over to thank me, say good-bye, and curtseyed. I curtseyed back. She lit up at that and hurried off to tell her mom. X3
Haha, that is pretty cute. Most of you all have such nice memorable costumery moments. Heck all of mine from Civil War reenacting are just goofy and or hilarious moments. Nothing really that heartfelt.

Well not from kids anyway. Oh! I do remember one. At one reenactment during a battle, explosions were going off everywhere. A little kid was worried (thinking it was real) Their mother reassured them that her daddy was going to be alright but she said something like (paraphrasing of course) 'No Mommy! I'm worried about the horseys.' I bet dad felt real special that day :P
TheDuke22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #21
Stina006
Even in darkness...

Never saw any reactions but I expect their like the kids in disney land when they see Face characters
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #22
MDA
Destiny Productions

This didn't happen to me personally, but I did see this happen with a friend of mine.

She was cosplaying Princess Aurora from Disney's Sleeping Beauty (blue dress version) and a little girl came running up to her shouting "Princess Aurora!" It was so cute X3

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #23
-Nayami-
Makai tenjou!

When I was the Great Saiyaman at Acen, we were walking from the convention center to the hotel. A kid (probably about 4 or 5) was walking with his parent, not affiliated with the convention.

He stops, points at me, and goes, "Mommy! I want to be that for Halloween!!!"

Uber-adorable.
Son Goku - Dragonball Z

@NayamiP
-Nayami- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #24
harmonyisarine

In non-cosplay: I was in my renfest garb last weekend. It's a nice flowy, gypsy-ish silk affair, with plenty of sparklies and noise-makers, and I tend to dance around a lot (ballerina with a bit of belly-dancing training... I can't hold still if I hear music). So I'm in line at an ATM with a nearby dulcimer player, and I'm doing a little belly-dancing/ballet fusion dance when I see two little girls run up. When they see me dancing, they just stop and stare and start asking me questions (through Mom, of course) about if I was a princess and did I dance at the Faire, etc. I called them princesses and curtsied and they seemed so excited.

In cosplay: My first cosplay was Katara, from Avatar. A pretty popular show among children. We first wore it to a mall for the movie opening, I've since worn it to cons and renfests (Halloween week). We get so many little kids staring slack-jawed at us, or squealing and watching from behind parent's legs, or asking questions. My favorite, though, was a moment I wasn't even there for. My Zuko went to Colbert's Rally to Restore Fear in DC, as Zuko. After the rally, they went to dinner. Happened to be seated at the same restaurant as Colbert and his family, with only a glass barrier in between. While they were eating, Colbert's son noticed Zuko and grabbed Colbert's sleeve, frantically pointing over at Zuko. My friend thinks if the glass wasn't in the way, the kid would have asked about the fire nation, he seemed so excited.

Most kids don't really talk to us as Avatar, though, they stare at us. Maybe I'm a scary Katara...
harmonyisarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #25
aiyua
Goddess of Harmony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabi- View Post
Another little kid moment was when I was dressed as Coraline at Dragoncon. I was walking around and I had the Little Me doll as a prop. A group of kids and their Mom flagged me down and asked for a picture. I smiled, said "Sure!" and they all gathered around me for a pic. Afterwards the smallest girl motioned for me to lean down. I did and she leaned up and whispered in my ear "Your doll is the Other Mother's spy!" I pretended to be surprised and said "Really? It is?! Wow, thanks for letting me know..." She nodded with this really serious look on her face and said "Be careful Coraline!" and walked away. It made me giggle so much.
I love this so much. <3

I haven't had any little kid reactions yet, since I haven't really cosplayed at a con yet, but I hope I'll have one eventually. These sound so adorable. *_*

Cosplay queue:
Tooru [A-Channel] - 90%
Cosmos (original design: warrior) [Dissidia: Final Fantasy]
Flygon (gijinka) [Pokemon]
aiyua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #26
Teelato

At Fanimecon last May, I cosplayed May from Pokemon. I was wandering through the artists alley when a shy little Asian boy and his older sister passed me by. As I walked past, I saw the little boy tugging at his sister's sleeve and pointing at me timidly. His sister then ran up to me asked me if I'd take a picture with her younger brother, and I said sure. He was really shy and didn't say anything at all, but I tried to be friendly and gave him one of my Pokeballs to pose with me. He said really quietly "Thank you" and ran back to his sister. As I was walking away, I could hear him exclaiming to his sister "I met May!!"

It was adorable.
Teelato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #27
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I was walking through Borders (I miss you Borders......) as COBRA Commander. Full cape, helmet onn, the whole nine yards. A kid and a mom come up to me

"Wow yuou're so cool mister! Who are you?"

And in perfect character, I put my fists to my hips like superman, and told him

"I'm Captain America!"

"Wow you're soo coooool"

BEST EVER

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #28
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I was dressed as Ludwig from Ludwig Revolution last week with my friends as Misa from Death Note and Gumi from Vocaloid, so I was the only one crossplaying, but I had my long Orange Lui wig on. These little kids kept yelling "Hey with the green hair! Tell your friend she's pretty!" to Gumi. I hope they were talking about Misa because without thinking I responded with "I'M A MAN DANGIT!"

A man with long Orange hair and skintight pants, but he's still a man. I got a little too in character there, though Misa, Gumi, our Photographer and I think some of the kids laughed.

Though the previous time when I was Grell, these same kids told me "Hey you! It's not Halloween!"
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 09-30-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #29
RinoaShadow
An utter Parasmore ;p

Well I can't remember any instances with me, but I was with my friend at Manifest, cosplaying Ariel (the little mermaid.) and this little girl came up to her saying "I saw you at disney on ice!!" and she was all excited and everything around her! it was so adorable, but better yet, my friend absolutely aced the part as a disney princess and just went with it going "Really? you did? That's fantastic! What's your name?" and so on ^^

reading a previous post here about miku and a little girl liking it, it kinda makes me wanna cosplay someone like miku JUST cause the reactions made by kids are priceless sometimes xD (I've actually wanted to cosplay Miku or Rin for a long time, but now I jus want to even more xD)
Unread 10-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #30
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

My girlfriend has this great story about how she went to ... I think it was AX, some con out in California, which was being held at Disneyland, and was hanging out with her friends, one of whom was cosplaying Card Captor Sakura.

There was a Japanese family there on vacation with a little girl, and the little girl just totally flipped out and was like "SAKURA IS AT DISNEYLAND!!!!!! MAMA, LOOK, SAKURA IS AT DISNEYLAND!!!!!" all over the place.