Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #31
Pezzidge
Pidge

I see a lot of "You look like a princess!" stories, which are absolutely adorable. Mine is a little different, though I did get called princess a few times.

But my friend and I dressed as Drizella and Anastasia Tremaine from Cinderella, and at some point, a woman crossing the street saw us and stopped us for a picture. Her little girl was dressed as Cinderella, and wanted a picture of us. Of course, we were all too happy to oblige, but being show-boaty characters we are, Anastasia and I started harrassing Cinderella about how messy our rooms were, and she needed to get to cleaning, then the dishes, then laundry, then the floors. She was so quiet, that I was afraid we scared her at first (though her mom was getting a kick out of it).

I later found the picture on Flickr, and apparently she talked about us for hours afterwards. She was soooo precious, that it was very difficult to be "mean" to her!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3075293...-33897759@N07/
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-01-2011, 01:37 AM   #32
aiyua
Goddess of Harmony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezzidge View Post
I see a lot of "You look like a princess!" stories, which are absolutely adorable. Mine is a little different, though I did get called princess a few times.

But my friend and I dressed as Drizella and Anastasia Tremaine from Cinderella, and at some point, a woman crossing the street saw us and stopped us for a picture. Her little girl was dressed as Cinderella, and wanted a picture of us. Of course, we were all too happy to oblige, but being show-boaty characters we are, Anastasia and I started harrassing Cinderella about how messy our rooms were, and she needed to get to cleaning, then the dishes, then laundry, then the floors. She was so quiet, that I was afraid we scared her at first (though her mom was getting a kick out of it).

I later found the picture on Flickr, and apparently she talked about us for hours afterwards. She was soooo precious, that it was very difficult to be "mean" to her!

kldshf;skfadorable. <33

Cosplay queue:
Tooru [A-Channel] - 90%
Cosmos (original design: warrior) [Dissidia: Final Fantasy]
Flygon (gijinka) [Pokemon]
aiyua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:37 AM   #33
Aurora's Heart

I usually cosplay the kid friendly shows so I have a couple cute kid moments.

I was helping my Star Wars fan club at our annual Hauntings at the Hanger for halloween. It takes place at the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space museum in Colorado. I decided to go as Belle this particular year and wasn't really expecting too much out of it. I noticed a little girl following me around with awe in here eyes and wouldn't leave me alone. I had to man our booth for a little while and she very cutely asked if she could hang out with me. I looked over at mom and seemed to get the o.k. so, I said sure. After awhile my feet started to hurt and the only good place to sit was on the floor. I didn't mind and promptly sat down. The little girl asked if she could sit with me and I said she could. A few minutes later her mom comes and says it's time to go. She looks up at her mom and says "I don't wanna go home. I'm sitting with Belle.". Her mom then tries to brib her with candy to which she says "I don't want candy I want to be with Belle.". I relized I had to help mom out so, I told her if she didn't go with her mom she would be really sad and miss her a lot. That seemed to work, but it was so adorable.

At Starfest this last year, I was dressed as Aurora in the blue dress for the costume contest. A ten year old kid dressed as Sora saw me in the green room and asked if I was Princess Aurora. I told him/her (was wearing a wig I have no clue) yes and he/she got all excited. After the con, they found me again and just gushed over my costume and was very bummed I didn't win. I told Sora it was alright and in character I curtsied and said as long as he saved the worlds from hearless that's all the mattered. Biggest grin I've ever seen.

Last one, I promise. NDK 2002, I was Cardcaptor Sakura in her winter school uniform with rollerblades. I had bladed across the street to get Subway and as soon as I got back on hotel property, I looked over to see a car drive in. The girl in the back seat had the most excited look on her face and was squeeling to her parents about me. She probably would have tackled me in her excitement if she wasn't in a car. Made my whole con.
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #34
tereshkova2001

I wore my Na'vi costume (from the film Avatar) to an outdoors festival called Faerieworlds one summer, and tons of kids got really excited about it. One little girl yelled at me "Avatar girl Avatar girl Avatar girl!!!!" and came over to get a hug. Another girl saw me once, got excited, and later tracked me down to give me a blue feather she had found on the ground. I put it in my hair. <3
I also had kids being fascinated and just a little scared, and their parents would have to encourage them to say hi. One's mother told me that Avatar was her daughter's favorite movie.
There were a few boys who asked me questions about where my tree was, and one wanted to know if I had any arrows (I was carrying my longbow). I said no, because I knew Faerieworlds would only have good people and I wouldn't need them. (Man, the things you come up with right on the spot!)
Oh, there were two sisters, one just barely preteen and one younger, and the younger one came right up to me while the older girl was shy. My friend got her to come get a hug and a photo, though, and she lit right up.

I've never had that amazing reception before or since, in that costume or any other. I think it's the difference between a festival (a lot like a renaissance faire) and a convention.
tereshkova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #35
Red Destiny
Secret Weapon

I remember one instance, I was doing a photoshoot at a park dressed as Solid Snake. Two kids come up to me (one looked 11ish the other 13ish) and ask me "Hey man, are you a ninja?" I'm like, "Sure, why not." Then the younger, as if on cue, does a standing backflip and asks "Can you do that?" 0_o;

Another memory I have happened at A-Kon 22. I was dressed as Sesshomaru, taking a break from walking, leaning up against a wall. I see a mom and a toddler in a stroller walking by. As they're going by the kid looks up at me, his jaw drops and eyes widen. It was the cutest, surprised face I'd ever seen, I couldn't help but grin.

See you then
Red Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 02:20 AM   #36
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:

So adorable...great pic ^_^
Anime Expo
PMX(?)

Potential Future Crossplays
Maki Nishikino (Love Live) - Summer school uniform
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #37
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:

Aw, the cuteness, it's too much! <3
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #38
RikuKitty
Riku the Sea Lion

Most of my cosplay memories are from when I used to wear my cheshire cat tail around town. Little kids would always point and tell their parents that I had a tail, and when I wore my kitty ear beenie, they'd call me a kitty.

Nowadays I wear a backpack that looks like the cheshire cat (classic) and even adults love it! I get so many compliments and have used it many times to get kids to stop crying or screaming on the bus.
Photographer?

Anime Expo 2012
Not going, most likely ;_;

Comic Con 2012
(Maybe not going)
Staff
Pinkie Pie?
RikuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 05:03 AM   #39
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabi- View Post

Another little kid moment was when I was dressed as Coraline at Dragoncon. I was walking around and I had the Little Me doll as a prop. A group of kids and their Mom flagged me down and asked for a picture. I smiled, said "Sure!" and they all gathered around me for a pic. Afterwards the smallest girl motioned for me to lean down. I did and she leaned up and whispered in my ear "Your doll is the Other Mother's spy!" I pretended to be surprised and said "Really? It is?! Wow, thanks for letting me know..." She nodded with this really serious look on her face and said "Be careful Coraline!" and walked away. It made me giggle so much.
Ahhh! I laughed out loud at this! So cute!

I love that kids come up to me and ask for my picture. That happens quite a bit.

This one time, I was walking by a mom with her baby and the baby was very upset. The second he saw me, he got wide eyed, stopped crying and reached for me. Her mom looked at the child surprised and I started talking to him. She kept telling me how he was so scared of everyone there and that it was the first he had stopped crying in an hour or more. I stood there a while and chatted with her and played with the baby while he tried to talk back to me, lol . I could tell she needed a little break from all his fussing. He kept reaching out for me wanting me to hold him, but I wasn't about to hold him (seems a bit odd for someone to hold your child you don't know). When I left I waved and said bye and so did he!
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #40
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Hasn't happened yet in a convention, but I guess you could say its happened during halloween and when I wasn't really dressed another time XD. I still wonder why the mall one happened.

Halloween- Was dressed as a "Neko" with cat ears, and a tail my friend had given me (since she got a better one at a con), when stopping at this house to trick or treat all I hear is a little girl and boy call out "kitty!", I turn around and they're staring at me...looking at my tail :P and I think one asked "how I put it there" and winked to them saying I've always had it and was born with it. But regardless, kinda cute when we left and they said "bye kitty".

Mall Incident- Hanging about with my girlfriend, we're talking it up since we see little to each other in a week when we turn a corner in the men's shirt section and this woman with her child in a stroller come by. The kid is staring at me intently, before he points out his fingers at me and goes "bang!" I'm confused for a second, before my gf states that he wants you to play dead which I do, while he just giggles and the mom starts apoligizing.

:P Had to share it
SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #41
kojirojames2004
Ho, ho, ho brother...

Once, en route to New York for a Pokemon game launch dresed as James, there was a kid who was crying. I promptly pulled out my squeaky Pikachu and he was delighted, and we even played peekaboo as well.

See? Team Rocket can't always be heartless... most of the time.
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #42
hikaru2322

Once, I was cosplaying as Madame Red and my friend was Grell. We were at our local mall and we heard this little girl behind us say to her mom, "Mommy! Mommy! Look! Halloween is coming!"

I can't wait to finish my Jaden and Yusei cosplays from Yu Gi Oh....

Also, during halloween last year, I was dressed as bloody Mion from Higurashi. I heard the doorbell ring (cuz I was on trick or treater watch at my place). I opened the door. The poor kid dressed as the Hulk kept hiding behind his mom D:

Last edited by hikaru2322 : 10-04-2011 at 03:21 PM.
hikaru2322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #43
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I was dressed as Ty lee and a little girl said loudly. "Mommy that girl's wearing a Ty lee shirt!" I was so pleased that a kid recognized me x3

I hope I get super recognized by kids as rapunzel, I like when little kids recognize me x3

And a bunch of little boys loved my boyfriend as link.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #44
Miss Majin
hails to the cosplay song

I was cosplaying as Freeza. Me and two of my friends were walking at the street, then suddenly a girl, about 7 years old, points at me and laughs out loud. Her parents said her nothing. I could have shot her with my Death Beam...

Tracon V - Android 17 (Dragon Ball Z)
Chibicon 2010 - Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
Nekocon 2011 - Freeza (final form) (Dragon Ball Z)
Chibicon 2011 - Android 18 (Dragon Ball Z)
Animecon IX - Freeza (first form) (Dragon Ball Z)
Tracon 7 - Android 18 (Dragon Ball Z)
Animecon X - Hoody (Marble Hornets), Jeff the killer (creepypasta)
Tracon 8 - Masky (Marble Hornets)
Miss Majin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #45
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaru2322 View Post
Once, I was cosplaying as Madame Red and my friend was Grell. We were at our local mall and we heard this little girl behind us say to her mom, "Mommy! Mommy! Look! Halloween is coming!"

I can't wait to finish my Jaden and Yusei cosplays from Yu Gi Oh....

Also, during halloween last year, I was dressed as bloody Mion from Higurshi. I heard the doorbell ring (cuz I was on trick or treater watch at my place). I opened the door. The poor kid dressed as the Hulk kept hiding behind his mom D:
Omg, I totally want to cosplay on Halloween this time round [well I technically did last year, as my convention fell on Halloween], but my convention will end the day before Halloween. I don't do anything for it, so I think I can enjoy one more day in cosplay handing out candy to little kids

I'll post if I get any reactions!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote