Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #46
Rikku92
SecondStarCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Majin View Post
I was cosplaying as Freeza. Me and two of my friends were walking at the street, then suddenly a girl, about 7 years old, points at me and laughs out loud. Her parents said her nothing. I could have shot her with my Death Beam...
Oh my gosh that is amazing. You totally should have yelled something in character xD

Follow me on Facebook! SecondStarCosplay
Rikku92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #47
Firefly77

I tried on my No Face cosplay to make sure it was in good shape, and my boyfriend's two-year-old daughter started crying. =/
Firefly77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #48
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I remember when my friends and I were cosplaying the harvest sprites at Castle Point a bunch of kids were extremely amused by it. I think it was the kids that thought we were princesses or ghosts. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #49
alicedear

All of these stories are too adorable!! I've squeed at far too many of them.

When I cosplayed Rapunzel at Fan Expo I had quite a few kids come up to me and ask for photos (or they had talked their parents into doing so, haha). I made most of them hold my frying pan and told them to "Pretend you're gonna whack Flynn really hard over the head!"

But the one that stood out for me most was when my friend and I were walking through the halls to meet our group and I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around and almost started crying because Darth Vader was gesturing for me to follow him. After several moments of sheer terror, he eventually led me over to (what I can only assume to be) his family... and his little girl was dressed as Rapunzel, too! I said "You look just like me!" and knelt down, and she came and stood right in front of me and just sort of stared in awe (and then I asked her for a hug, because she was too adorable to pass up the opportunity). I talked to her for a while, asking if she'd seen Flynn at all today, made Pascal say hello to her, etc. (Wasn't very talkative, was probably shy). We posed for a photo and by then my friends had come to ensure that I hadn't been eaten by Vader (lol), so I said goodbye, and told her if she did find Flynn to come and let me know.

My dream job is to work as a face character at Disney... Needless to say this was the BEST DAY EVER!

Upcoming Conventions & Cosplays
December Toronto Comicon ~ Aeryn Sun (Farscape)
alicedear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #50
Convulsive
My name is Kan

while dressed as Soul, a little boy comes up and was like "Are your teeth REAL?" he was in awe, and he was dressed as Inuyasha and his cheeks were so chubby :3 I popped them out to show him they were fake, then pinched his cheeks, and his mum took a picture of us. So cute :3

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #51
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I was in this dress at NekoCon '08 and I was walking around killing time with a friend. Off to the side, these two kids were running around playing when one of them stopped, pointed at me, and yelled: "Mommy! Mommy! It's a princess!" I smiled for the rest of the weekend it was so adorable <3
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #52
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

I was dressed as Ryohki from Tenchi, the little cabbit, at one of my first cons. I had big floppy furry ears and all fuzzy clothes, and a little girl hugged my fuzzy leg warmers and said she wants ears just like mine. I'm not a kid person, but it's hard not to just take the ears of my head and give them to her.

Oh and I made this for every Princess cosplayer out there :P -
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...t0l2o1_500.jpg
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #53
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtime Mouth View Post
HA! I love it! -saves-
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #54
MommaUrsa
Team Zuko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtime Mouth View Post
I love this so much. :'D It made my day. I actually haven't had that happen to me while I'm in Ariel. I have more adults trying to get me to act in character than I do children. o___o;

This past weekend I was wearing Toph, and I heard this little girl go, "Mommy! It's Toph!" She was so happy to see me. I looked at her, gave her a big grin, and waved at her. She giggled and waved back. Every time she saw me she'd tell her mum that she saw Toph. It was too cute. x3 I should have asked her if she wanted a photo.
MommaUrsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #55
no-more-thread
Rabbits riding Motorcycle

Comeing home from a con a little girl kept shouting "look mommy! she has GREEN HAIR! GREEN HAIR! mommy look!!! look mommy! she has gold boots! look at her gold boots!" as we as a crowd of ppl walked toward the train station. so cute! then as i waited for the train another little girl kept staring at me and running back to her family telling them that i was green. Needless to say I was very green and might have looked like a celery stick as some of my friends have decided. The little girl eventually got a pic with me. At the same con a little girl in a batman suit said she wished she could have a costume like mine. Little kids just really make me want to cosplay as a disney princess and spend all day getting hugs from them
no-more-thread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #56
xIkuna

Last year at Anime Detour I was cosplaying Lady Ciel Phantomhive(the one with the bug pink dress) And this adorable little girl with her my came up behind me with a camera. It was one of those times where the mom's trying to get her to take the pictures and take to me and stuff. It was REALLY cute! She was so shy and she said she liked my costume and everything~ So cute!

Cosplays:
Laurel Lance (Black Canary)- Arrow
Maggie Greene- The Walking Dead
Coco- RWBY

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #57
Lucida
Ringmaster from Hell

I remembered at Katsucon when I left my hotel room to go the convention center a little girl and her mom came up to me and asked me for a picture of my Wonderland!Sebastian cosplay with her cell phone and that point on was one of the best part of that day! =D
Lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #58
Infection
On Spam-Watch.

I think its freaking amazingly crazy when these little kids actually know the name of the character you are. I had an experience at my first convention where I was dressed as Grimmjow (from Bleach; only a Bleach fan would know him, since hes a minor bad-guy in the series) and I was walking around outside when I heard a little girl's voice scream "Grimmjow! Grimmjow!". I actually didn't catch her at first, but when I turned around I caught this little girl waving to me holding her mother's hand as she was walking by. She couldn't have been older than 7 and I was actually in shock that she knew my name (even if she knew which series I was from I'd have been shocked...Bleach doesn't seem like It'd be popular with children under the age of 10). I just gave her a wave and smirked; parents must be introducing their children to anime at an earlier age nowadays.

By far my favorite reaction that day. I hope to introduce my children to anime early (barring appropriate-ness, of course) when I have them so they can go to the conventions and be like, "OMG its Spike daddy!" and shock some cosplayers with their character knowledge when they're only 5 or so. :P
Infection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #59
Mizuki Kagamine

This happened to me when I got out of AX this year. I walking down the street in my daughter of evil costume and this little girl runs up to me with her older brother right behind her and says, "excuse me miss but what princess are you?" so I bent down and said, "Im an unknown princess that has just come down from my kingdom to visit all the pretty people and let me say you are by far the prettiest. You have to swear not to tell anybody who I am or where i came from. Pinky swear?" and she did. The look on her face was so amazing.

She hugged me and took a picture. Her day was most defiantly made because as she was walking away, she kept giggling and jumping. I was smiling so big afterwards.

It also made my day.

Choices… You've always made your own choices, haven't you.
Mizuki Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #60
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infection View Post
I think its freaking amazingly crazy when these little kids actually know the name of the character you are. I had an experience at my first convention where I was dressed as Grimmjow (from Bleach; only a Bleach fan would know him, since hes a minor bad-guy in the series) and I was walking around outside when I heard a little girl's voice scream "Grimmjow! Grimmjow!". I actually didn't catch her at first, but when I turned around I caught this little girl waving to me holding her mother's hand as she was walking by. She couldn't have been older than 7 and I was actually in shock that she knew my name (even if she knew which series I was from I'd have been shocked...Bleach doesn't seem like It'd be popular with children under the age of 10). I just gave her a wave and smirked; parents must be introducing their children to anime at an earlier age nowadays.

By far my favorite reaction that day. I hope to introduce my children to anime early (barring appropriate-ness, of course) when I have them so they can go to the conventions and be like, "OMG its Spike daddy!" and shock some cosplayers with their character knowledge when they're only 5 or so. :P
O.o Bleach is on adult swim......
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote