Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #61
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

I told this story in one of the annual Halloween threads, but I bear this is worth retelling.

A couple years ago, dressed up as Alice in Wonderland, a dad and her daughter were trick-or-treating at my house when she came up and said "hi". I gave her my treat, and then her dad said "She's cute." The daughter promptly slapped her in the butt and said "That's a guy!"

I still get a chuckle from that.

Unread 10-05-2011, 03:58 AM   #62
KratosAurion28

Such sweet kids stories you guys have! I actually happen to have one myself.

This was at Finncon-Animecon 2011 in Finland. I was outside walking and was supposed to go to Educarium (the con´s "Artist Alley") to look for a friend who were going as Raine Sage, and I was Kratos Aurion both of us was from the video game Tales of Symphonia. And at one point a mom came running up to me from behind shouting "Kratos wait!" When I heard her, I stopped and turned around and close to her was a little boy (what could he be, around 6-8 years maybe?) he looked at me but didn´t dare to speak, but his mom said that he knew who I was, and wanted a photo with me and the little boy. Of course it was okay with me. So she told the boy to go beside me (I think the little boy was REALLY shy) I wonder if he thought I was the "real" Kratos, lol. After that the photo was taken the boys mom said "My son wants the same costume as you" and then they left, the boy still looking at me shyly. I hope I didn´t look too serious (I tend to have a really serious look on my face most of the time). But I raised my hand as a "farewell" sign.

Even if he was shy, it sure was adorable. And I was VERY suprised that the little boy knew me (since he must have either played the game or seen the anime) and here in Scandinavia, there isn´t many that know of Tales of Symphonia at all (so far I have asked around). It made my day to think that kids play great games!

Next con: Närcon 2014 (24-27/7 - 2014) Linköping, Sweden
THU - ???
FRI - ???
SAT - ???
SUN - ???

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 10-05-2011 at 05:29 AM.
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:22 AM   #63
jellicleCAT

I tend to attract kids when I dress up as a cat (like my dp), and so there's always a few stories.

Firstly, I don't really like kids, they kinda scare me (don't know why, always have), but when I'm cosplaying (especially as a cat) I'm a little better.

Anywho, I generally get a few distinct reactions:

1. Kid is happy and wants to pet/meet me
2. Kid is scared and hides behind mum/dad (generally boys are more shy than girls I've found)
3. Boy isn't that into cats (more into superheroes sort of thing)

But the fourth reaction is rather amusing and awkward, and it's happened a couple of times so far. A couple of kids are that scared of me they start to cry and hide behind their parents. This one time at Melbourne Zoo, in the butterfly house, a kid was really scared of me, so I knelt down to be less threatening. She started to scream and cry, and I laughed nervously because I had no idea what to do, but her mother was fine with it (it was so awkward, people were looking).

Another kid story, at the zoo as well, my friend and I were crouched getting photos with some kids, and I put my hand out for the kid to stroke my armwarmer (as you do), and he grabbed onto my hand. Me, being kid phobic, started mentally panicking thinking "OH GOD GET IT OFF ME" but he held on and his father too AGES to take the photo. When the kid finally left, a little girl came and held onto my hand because she'd seen the previous kid do it T.T it was slightly horrifying, but I couldn't really react.
jellicleCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #64
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Thumbs up Young con-goers loving your cosplay?

I have one story that I'd like to share. ^_^

So it was at Uppcon XI this year in Uppsala, Sweden. I was cosplaying as captain Jūshirō Ukitake from Bleach and I was just walking around in the con, not really doing anything. So there was this maybe around 10-year-old young boy (god I'm so bad at guessing age.. but he certainly looked younger than the usual con-goer and he was short), who had a pink t-shirt and cosplayed Ichigo one day and Grimmjow the other day, also from Bleach.
So when this young boy now saw me I could see that he pretty much froze in place and stared at me in awe, although I didn't notice him that much at first, just saw him in the corner of my eye.
The next time he saw me I was again walking around randomly and then he just, without a word, came straight up to me and like gave me the biggest and softest hug ever and then just disappeared happily.
And then the third, and last time, it was late evening and I walked by the gaming room. Again the boy was there, although he was playing something. So I passed him by and he immediately put the game controller away (it was like, "screw this game, I go to Ukitake instead!" lol) and walked up to me. I stopped and turned around smiling and he gave me a sweet hug again. Now I had some time to actually do something back before he went away, so I handed him a lollipop (I was carrying around lollipops that I handed out to some people) and OMG he totally lit up like the sun when he took it! He looked so happy I don't know when I've ever seen a kid that happy before. And now, for the first time, he actually spoke and said in like a whisper-ish amazed voice "You are like the real Ukitake..." It was like the cutest thing evarrrrrr. ;^;
Moments like that just makes me realize how much I love cosplaying and making people happy, it's like you make someone's day while you make your own too.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon
Souji Okita (SSL) - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kitacon (1-2 March 2014)
SAT Keisuke Sannan - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Gin Ichimaru - Bleach

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 11-17-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #65
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2004 View Post
I told this story in one of the annual Halloween threads, but I bear this is worth retelling.

A couple years ago, dressed up as Alice in Wonderland, a dad and her daughter were trick-or-treating at my house when she came up and said "hi". I gave her my treat, and then her dad said "She's cute." The daughter promptly slapped her in the butt and said "That's a guy!"

I still get a chuckle from that.
LMAO we can't fool those kids!
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
Cosplay FB- BlondieSundae Cosplay
Cosplay Tumblr- The Cosplay Compendium
Fun Tumblr-C'est La Vie
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
BlondieSundae is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #66
mentokjebus

At AWA last weekend there was a white guy cosplaying as Justin Bieber... the 10-15 crowd LOST IT.
mentokjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #67
mentokjebus

Little Kids love Avatar The Last Airbender apparantly.

Especially if I give them some Zuko lines.
mentokjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #68
MissJava
Still broke. D:

I dressed as Midna at AnimeFest and a little five-year-old girl just stood there forever with her mouth open in complete awe. Her mom had to pick her up and carry her over to give me a hug. Evidently she's a HUGE Midna fan and just didn't know what to do with her body.

So goddamn CUTE.
MissJava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #69
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentokjebus View Post
Little Kids love Avatar The Last Airbender apparantly.

Especially if I give them some Zuko lines.
Well it was on Nick....and meant for kids.... xD
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
Cosplay FB- BlondieSundae Cosplay
Cosplay Tumblr- The Cosplay Compendium
Fun Tumblr-C'est La Vie
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
BlondieSundae is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #70
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentokjebus View Post
At AWA last weekend there was a white guy cosplaying as Justin Bieber... the 10-15 crowd LOST IT.
Lol how typical. I would find it a bit weird that someone cosplays Justin Bieber
Unread 10-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #71
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I was cosplaying Canada at October Expo and two ADORABLE little American girls came up to me really excited and asked for a photo with me, they told me that I'd made their day afterwards and that made my day! It was soo adorable.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #72
TaoKyuubimon

I was fursuiting as Chibisuke from Dragon Drive (so basically adorable white fluffy thing) and some family with like two kids around 8 and under and another one around 10-ish came over and wanted so many pictures and hugs. XDDD
TaoKyuubimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #73
Kennykins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Well it was on Nick....and meant for kids.... xD
-covers ears- No I refuse to grow up!
Kennykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #74
Pezzidge
Pidge

Well, there is one character of mine (it is always worn with it's 'sister' by a friend), that is always recognized and loved by kids. Well, rather - they love it, or they hate us in general, because they believe us to be the characters. Here is a story I posted in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezzidge View Post
I see a lot of "You look like a princess!" stories, which are absolutely adorable. Mine is a little different, though I did get called princess a few times.

But my friend and I dressed as Drizella and Anastasia Tremaine from Cinderella, and at some point, a woman crossing the street saw us and stopped us for a picture. Her little girl was dressed as Cinderella, and wanted a picture of us. Of course, we were all too happy to oblige, but being show-boaty characters we are, Anastasia and I started harrassing Cinderella about how messy our rooms were, and she needed to get to cleaning, then the dishes, then laundry, then the floors. She was so quiet, that I was afraid we scared her at first (though her mom was getting a kick out of it).

I later found the picture on Flickr, and apparently she talked about us for hours afterwards. She was soooo precious, that it was very difficult to be "mean" to her!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3075293...-33897759@N07/
Yes, she was a con-goer with her parents at Dragon*Con, as are the following:

- http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...44625 7_n.jpg

- http://www.flickr.com/photos/heather...-33897759@N07/
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #75
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

I was rather disturbed when I was cosplay Yoshika when a husband and wife with their 2 young children approached me complimenting my costume and the father telling me he just showed his (maybe) 4 year old and 8 year old Strike Witches that morning. The kids loved my costume and got some photos with me, just the reasoning behind it kind of creeped me out.

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote