Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #121
paperyu

My friend and I went to eat at a restaurant on the way back from AAC. (I was cosplaying Eruka Frog) We went to a bathroom and met a girl who was around six and she was really cute and said "Are you a witch?" We said yes and then she said, "But you're so pretty!" It was so cute!

She kept waving at us while we were eating and when we were about to leave, her mom came over and asked us if we could take a picture with her

Planned Conventions:
Arisia (Frodo Baggins)
Anime Boston (Nonon/Juliet Starling)
PAX East (Popstar Ahri)
Connecticon (???)
paperyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2011, 01:21 AM   #122
DreadfulBelle

I was in my Kurisu costume and I was carrying my totoro bag and a little boy ran up to me today. He tugged at me and told me with a huge smile on his face saying he loved my bag. It was cute.
DreadfulBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #123
MagdaleneDaae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Any orc fandom is fandom I give a thumbs-up to and encourage. The Horde could always use more loyal members. It seems like the Alliance got a lot more popular when those Worgen furballs joined last year and we can't have too much of that.
Meh, Saurfang could still beat Crowley in a fight, though. Even I admit that and I'm an Alliance girl through and through XD
"I did not spend centuries feasting on the souls of the righteous to play typing games with the functionally illiterate."-Kil'Jaeden, Scourge Chat Log #1
MagdaleneDaae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #124
Spiritwalker
Green (without envy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagdaleneDaae View Post
Meh, Saurfang could still beat Crowley in a fight, though. Even I admit that and I'm an Alliance girl through and through XD
I play both sides, but my Alliance toons are a bit too extreme for me to attempt as a novice. I was Horde first and foremost though, a scared little Tauren Druid wandering through the Barrens looking for Mankrik's wife.

Edit: On topic, that friend of mine I mentioned dressed as Sailor Neptune also dresses as Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus and frequently gets called a princess and asked to have her picture taken. She enjoys it.

Alter Egos:
Orc Warlock (WoW) 85% (revamping certain parts for 2013)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) 100% (pics up soon)
James (Team Rocket) 100% (pics up soon)
Orc Shaman (WoW) 75% (revamping process)

Far Future/Dream Alter Egos:
Draenei Paladin (WoW)
Worgen Druid (WoW)
Galio (LoL)
and one more...

Last edited by Spiritwalker : 10-16-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Spiritwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #125
MagdaleneDaae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I play both sides, but my Alliance toons are a bit too extreme for me to attempt as a novice. I was Horde first and foremost though, a scared little Tauren Druid wandering through the Barrens looking for Mankrik's wife.

Edit: On topic, that friend of mine I mentioned dressed as Sailor Neptune also dresses as Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus and frequently gets called a princess and asked to have her picture taken. She enjoys it.
I remember that quest. I used to be mean on my troll shaman and tell people that she was in Jaina's tower and literally follow them as far as they could get towards Dustwallow Marsh for fun. My troll was trollin'.

ON TOPIC ALSO:

At work as Zombie Princess Aurora last Sunday, a five year old girl somehow mistook me for Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic because I'd ponytailed my blonde hair for the night due to the wind, my make-up had run a bit orange due to a different make-up person completely messing up my usual pallet and I was eating an apple. It was sort of funny, but since she and her mom were the only customers I had at the time and scaring five year olds isn't any fun nor honorable, I was just like 'Sure, sugar, now don't y'all let them ghosties git the best of ya!'
"I did not spend centuries feasting on the souls of the righteous to play typing games with the functionally illiterate."-Kil'Jaeden, Scourge Chat Log #1
MagdaleneDaae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #126
Anmanda

I was at a train station once in full cosplay, and there was this family sitting at a bench a bit from the one I was sitting one, and one of the small girls said to her mom that she wanted to hug me haha~ If she would have asked I'd totally have given her one. But her sister looked kinda terrified of me, so I didn't bother to go any closer to them and afford a hug to the sister who wanted it.. ^^'

And another time there was these really cute kiddos who wanted a picture with me and my friend in our Uminkeo cosplays. :3

Kids reactions are the best, they are so honest haha : D
Unread 10-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #127
kojirojames2004
Ho, ho, ho brother...

This story was posted by FuriePhoenix in the Disney Cosplay pages, and she gave me permission to repost it over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriePhoenix View Post
"Oh my gosh guyz! I went to Disney on Ice last night and I went as Ariel (like always haha) but I ended up meeting this lovely girl who had just come out of hospital because she has cancer... she couldnt have been any older than about 10-12 years old. Ariel is her fav princess and she just looked SO happy when she met me! I think my heart melted, because she looked so ill with cancer, but so so happy at the same time. It made me realise why I do Disney cosplay so much... because I know now that I made that girl's dream come true and it's something she'll always remember, when it in reality she may not survive the next Disney show.....She almost didn't make it to this show, she literally came from the hospital to the show, she even had to have a special wheelchair."
That really warms our hearts. Thanks, FuriePhoenix for sharing it with us.
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #128
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2004 View Post
This story was posted by FuriePhoenix in the Disney Cosplay pages, and she gave me permission to repost it over here.

That really warms our hearts. Thanks, FuriePhoenix for sharing it with us.
Has anyone ever read the article about the women asked to play Sleeping Beauty (I think) by the Make a Wish Foundation for a little girl and got into a serious talk about the afterlife?
Ororo Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #129
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
Has anyone ever read the article about the women asked to play Sleeping Beauty (I think) by the Make a Wish Foundation for a little girl and got into a serious talk about the afterlife?
That sounds awkward.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #130
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
That sounds awkward.
It was, but according to the article the lady in question handled it very well. She was able to give the little girl and her family some peace. Anyway, the above situation reminds me so much of it. I'm please both had such positive outcomes.
Ororo Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #131
TR Rose
Meowing About

My husband and I wore Luigi & Princess Peach for our church's Trunk or Treat party (basically where the adults dress up, decorate their cars, and hand out candy at a big party for local kids). It went over so much better than last year when we did Beauty and the Beast (most of the little kids were terrified of the Beast).

So many kids and their parents were excited to see us as Nintendo characters, and most knew exactly who we were. There were even a few boys dressed as Luigi, Mario, and Wario who were very excited, and a lot of the moms took photos of us with their kids (and themselves!) A few of the moms were telling their kids, "Look honey, it's a REAL princess!" which always makes me smile. I think Peach is the one costume I do where I never break character. People aren't going to get upset or not understand when a princess character is always smiling and waving at the kids, and being extra sweet to everyone.

What really warmed my heart was when two little girls approached me saying "Look! It's Princess Toadstool!" Someone's given their kids a very good video game education to know her original name.
• 10th Doctor

Last edited by TR Rose : 10-31-2011 at 09:36 AM.
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #132
namine1987

I was doing a photoshoot with my sakura dress and this little kid ran behind her mom and was all like ..."is she a princess?" " her dress is so pretty! can i have one?"
namine1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #133
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

There was quite a few of us walking around town cosplaying from Homestuck (with quite a few trolls which means horns and face paint) and one little girl stopped in their tracks infront of us and said to their mother while pointing "Mommy, look at those people!" which was kind of adorable.

It wasn't a kid themselves but one parent told their kid as we walked past "Be careful or they might get you!" obviously thinking we were devils/monsters/whatever which I found quite funny.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #134
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Last Night my friends and I were walking back from the local park after dark and as we were walking this family was pulling into their driveway. The little Girl was staring kinda wide eyed at me dressed as Glen Baskerville from Pandora Hearts. I wooshed (For lack of a better word) my Cape and gave her my best Glen smile before walking out of the light from the streetlamp and blending in with all the black I was wearing.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #135
Somethingducky

If you've ever been to Fanime, all of downtown San Jose gets completely swarmed by cosplayers much to the delight/chagrin/horror of locals and tourists alike. I remember walking down the street for lunch dressed a Holo with my giant fluffy tail and ears and passing a little girl and her slightly confused family, "Oh look a kitty! Oh a bunny! A princess!" she kept squealing and her eyes were just huge. Her parents kept saying things like "Yes honey a kitty/bunny/fluffy thing. Oh my isn't that interesting?".
Somethingducky is offline   Reply With Quote