Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Unread 09-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Firesukikane

Kentucky, Tennesse, Arkansas, Texas, and Indiana locations?

My friends and I are going on a trip from Indiana to Texas. Does anyone have good cosplay locations in Kentucky, Tennesse, Arkansas, Texas, or Indiana? We're doing Hetalia (America, fem!England, fem!Canada, and fem!Germany) and Hetalia pirate versions (England and Prussia).

We will be going straight south in Indiana, in the western parts of Kentucky and Tennesse, straight through the middle of Arkansas, and the upper part of Texas.
Firesukikane is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Well, I live in the bottom corner of TN, Memphis to be exact. There's a lot of nice old buildings downtown that you can get some interesting pictures at. And there are lots of parks and things around. For Hetalia, I don't know if there's anything in this area that would be great backdrops, but then there are places down by the Mississippi River that you might be able to get some interesting shots as the pirate versions of some of the characters if you are down this way.

Overall, Memphis has a lot of older places that are more suited for stuff like Kuroshitsuji and things of that era since there are a lot of old Victorian buildings and whatnot around here.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
crazywuzhere
................poop.

Indiana has nice flat landscapes (I used to live in IN, now I live in KY). Might I suggest the Ohio River? That is, if you're crossing it from IN to KY. If you want a cool modern look for Hetalia, go to 4th street in Louisville. There are some pretty cool stuff there. The Galt House and the Hyat are on 4th street. I don't know if they'll let you take pictures in the hotels or not, but you should try. There are hallways and walkway bridges connecting the two hotels, so it's really awesome!
If you pass through Mt. Vernon or Somerset, KY stop by the library. It's a brand-new building. I think it's pretty cool myself, but I'm a little biased since I work there. You should stop by and say hello! I would LOVE to see your costumes!!! I've only heard of Hetalia, so that would be awesome.
There is the Cumberland Falls here in Somerset(sort of). Beautiful places on the trail. You guys would look really cool in front of the Falls. It's free. There's this really cool tree that's hollow, but you can get inside it and take funny pics! On the short trail, there is a (mini)cave. If you saw it, you would know what I'm talking about.
If you are going to Somerset from Mt. Vernon, there is Short Creek. The Shortest (and coldest) creek in the world! There is also a cave that Short creek runs into. You can actually get through the whole cave. The other side is beautiful, with big moss-covered boulders. However, you would have to swim part of the way... haha. That was so fun. You can actually go on top of the cave and take pictures from up there. It's really cool, but I almost fell,which would have killed me. Good thing I only broke my mother's camera.
Let's see... what else is there? I actually planned to go to TN on the 8th Oct., but I don't know if that'll work out.
crazywuzhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Kekewy

What type of scenery are you looking for? My hometown of Madison, In has some very picturequse, hometown America spots. There's an old fashioned theater you can take pictures in front of, and a beautiful fountian in the middle of town. It's also on the Ohio river so you could use it for your pirate costumes.
Where else really depends on what kind of photos you're wanting for your shoots. I'm pretty familiar with southern Indiana and northern KY, so if you let me know the types of shoots you had in mind I give you a few more suggestions.
Kekewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Firesukikane

All we really know is that we're going to be traveling during the summer, in case the weather might make a difference, and that we don't want to pay to get into any place. Besides that we're open to all suggestions really, just any place you think would serve as a nice backdrop for a Hetalia photoshoot/picture.

We have also decided that we maybe doing Pandora Hearts, Synchronicity (Vocaloid), and
Daughter of Evil (Vocaloid).
Firesukikane is offline   Reply With Quote