Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread 04-13-2015, 02:24 AM   #1
Parkfan

Has anyone bought a female version cosplay costume of pirates of the carribean ?

Hey, ladies and gentlemen, I'm very excited to be here to talk with you.

As a poor student, I haven't enough money to buy the expensive cosplay costumes for my good friends, so, I searched online and I found a very cheap female style Pirates of the carribean cosplay costume from cosplaypark store, however, I am a bit worried because I have no idea that how is the quality. Is there anyone that can help me, please ? Thank you so much ! Any advice would be much appreciated !

Here is the costume: http://www.cosplaypark.com/women-s-c...for-women.html.
Parkfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

Here's a good rule of thumb: if they can't make it look good on the model, you can't make it look good on you. On the website, the vest is wrinkled half to hell, the hat is drooping, and that lace looks very itchy. I can't even tell which character it's meant to evoke. I'd say don't buy it. If you're not trying to replicate a specific character's look, go to a thrift shop and find a shirt with poofy sleeves. You have a bunch of options for bottoms if you're just trying to look a bit piratical- a full skirt, long trousers with boots, shorts or capris with sandals, et cetera. Tie a colorful scarf around your waist, wear a bunch of costume jewelry, and you're good to go. If you find a waistcoat of some kind, so much the better.
Possible Future Cosplay: MEIKO ver. Lorelei (Vocaloid), Spellcheck (Microsoft Word), Meryl Stryfe (Trigun), the Mangle (Five Nights at Freddy's), Lord Cutler Beckett (Pirates of the Caribbean), Freddie Lounds (NBC Hannibal)

For cosplay photos and selfies, please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #3
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

That vest on the costume looks interesting... looks kind of like they were going for Jack Sparrow's On Stranger Tides vest. I agree with KuruttaKanashii though, it doesn't look all that great on the model, so I'm going to guess that the actual product itself will not be great either. I think you would do better to either go to thrift stores to gather items to modify, or get a pirate costume custom commissioned. You'll get a better result that way. Thankfully, throwing a pirate costume together from thrift store items is actually pretty easy to do, and you can get really good results if you search long enough.

If you have any specific questions about a specific character from POTC, such as where to source items, feel free to ask. I currently specialize in Jack Sparrow costuming, but a lot of the people who make items for the Jack Sparrow impersonators definitely could do custom stuff based off of other characters within the POTC franchise.

It's a pirate's life for me! Savvy?

Find me on Facebook!

SparrowStyle Entertainment on Instagram

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote