Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
haille199

Exclamation My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic- help?

Hiya. :3 I'm new to this site so, excuse me if this topic is out of place. D:
Well, heres my situation, I'm a freshmen and at my school for homecoming week were having a character day, and being a well known brony at my school I wanted to obviously dress up as Twilight Sparkle.

Here's the thing, I want to keep it simple. I already have what I want to do down except what to wear? I first wanted to just go with a purple skirtish/tutuish thing if I could find one, and then maybe just a plane shirt with her cutie mark. o: But after looking at some cosplays of her most are a bit more nerdy. x) And true to her character. (I'd want to wear pony ears, as well as get a pink streak for my hair, maybe pink and purple. I might have a horn depends.)

So I was wondering if any of you have any ideas? :D Thanks! Also I need to stay in dress code. (which is basically no shortshort stuff, or tanktops.)

For those who have no clue who she is:
haille199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Well, depends on what you can get a hold of. I would recommend nice slacks (khakis/chinos) in your color of choice. Brown, grey, or navy would look nice. I have two recommendations for the top. (1) Either a purple tee with the cutie mark painted on (use fabric paint or acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium), or a ready made tee (if you can find one). (2) Or, if you're feeling particularly fancy, try a white button down shirt, navy or dark purple tie, with a purple vest. You can make a felt cutie mark and sew/pin it to the vest; if you can't find the vest, add the cutie mark to your tie. Wear appropriate shoes (loafers or dress shoes). Optional: carry around a Spike plushie. Hope this is useful!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
scandia
Overachiever

Use your imagination! A friend of mine did a human Twilight Sparkle illustration- and she was wearing a sundress, as compared to her usual school uniform gear.

I did have a school uniform like cosplay. I put the cutie mark on the front of the knit vest. All 3 pieces- blouse, vest, and skirt- were varying shades of purple and lilac/lavender. I had a little tie in magenta as well, plus argyle socks with her colors. Since I am allergic to wigs and hair color, I simply put ribbons on the headband to reflect her hair colors. I also had 3 ribbons to represent her tail- which is my favorite aspect, as well as the easiest one to make. And I made the horn and ears all by myself.

Pic is in my gallery under My Little Pony cosplay.
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Since you'll be doing a gijinka with nothing to really base from in terms of clothing, you can go crazy with it.

If you're going to have streaks I'd say to have a pink and purple one together would probably be the best choice rather than just choosing one but one should look fine too.

I personally like the designs best where she's dressed rather smartly in sweatervests and such, I feel that suits her studious personality best.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
Shuso

Twilight Sparkle is a rather amazing choice.
Shuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
wonderland-chan

I would go with a nerdy/schoolgirl outfit as a base and then put in your own style. It's your cosplay so you can do what ever you wan to with it.
Shutocon 2014- I don't know yet.
my da: http://therealdeathnote.deviantart.com/gallery/
wonderland-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #7
Neko.Oni
Furry and proud of it!

Not too good with the gajinka style myself, but I absolutely second the Spike plush if you can get one! That might help drive home the character more than any other aspect (except if you go with purple and pink hair/tail) and Absolutely have a horn or something to represent one! That's one of the most important attributes to her since she's a mage and in FiM the horn is a requirement for that!
Neko.Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

I also either read about or had a friend say she wanted to do this: If you don't want to do the horn, going for being a purely human representation, for example, you could always have a horn-esque wand, which totally works for the magic the horn represents!
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote