Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #31
Kildread
I can fix it!
 
Kildread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Well in your defense, you are a robot.
You have no idea how hurtful these words are this week :/

But it's apparently how everyone pictures me
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #32
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
You have no idea how hurtful these words are this week :/
I didn't mean it as hurtful. It was a roundabout way of saying I have no idea how we share an astrological sign.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #33
Convulsive
My name is Kan
 
Convulsive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
It's fine --- I'm twice your age and still baffled why people do the things they do, in blatant ignorance to what it can provoke (Or cannot provoke, such as is the case here).
Alright, good.
Everybody in class seemingly understood and I just kind of sat there. I will probably grow up to be one of those peoole that just doesn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty Llama View Post
Hey now wasnt hating on you, simply pointing out that despite our "seemingly free" healthcare we have the same problems here, really you should look into what went on in the summer 0f 2010 in regards to the G20/g8 there are still ongoing investigations. I get that you were making a joke and i think i responded the way I did do mock my own country for its way of dealing with protests etc...

truth be told, as far as I can tell we just pretend to be the happiest place on earth to baffle the americans...
I wasn't implying you were lol. I was just defending myself. And I'm not sure what G20 is, but I do remember the fuss over the postal shops shutting down.
__________________

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #34
Shifty Llama
llama
 
Shifty Llama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
. And I'm not sure what G20 is, but I do remember the fuss over the postal shops shutting down.
The whole post office thing was just a postal worker strike, There is more info about the G20, lets just say there were a lot of world leaders coming into toronto and other areas of ontario so they had supper heightened security there were tons of protesters and the outcome not so great, I will let you look into it if you so choose but its just a recent example of police and goverments behaiour regarding protestors.

And the postal stike sucked! My university transcripts didnt get where they needed to go so remember people, the internet is grat for fast mail but show your postal workers some love!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
Pluto's only got one moon AND MY MOM'S FROM THERE AND SHE SAYS SHE'S NEVER HEARD OF YOU. Cease your impertinent fronting!
Shifty Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #35
Kildread
I can fix it!
 
Kildread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty Llama View Post
the internet is grat for fast mail but show your postal workers some love!
Can't, they're either guys, or prone to threaten me with a restraining order.

And not being able to post things anymore would suck.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #36
Convulsive
My name is Kan
 
Convulsive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Can't, they're either guys, or prone to threaten me with a restraining order.

And not being able to post things anymore would suck.
It took me a while to get that, but when I did I laughed xD
and yeah, it would suck. Internet is my entertainment because TV is stupid.
Also, I love your icon....just saying. Ifreakinglovemegamind.
__________________

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Last edited by Convulsive : 10-15-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #37
Kildread
I can fix it!
 
Kildread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
Also, I love your icon....just saying. Ifreakinglovemegamind.
Funny you say that, I do too!

Love my icon and Megamind, I mean.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #38
Slayer Alex
Registered User
 
Slayer Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 110
i support their cause. but realistically i dont think anything short of a civil war is ever going to change anything.
Slayer Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 04:57 AM   #39
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger
 
Sybren117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,931
http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-types-...-own-cause_p1/

Last edited by Sybren117 : 10-17-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #40
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!
 
Bisected8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,668
It's usually best to link from page 1 of Cracked articles, Sybren....
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:20 AM   #41
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger
 
Sybren117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
It's usually best to link from page 1 of Cracked articles, Sybren....
I am humbled.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #42
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post

I agree they should be in DC, and the tax thing should be at the forefront of everyone's minds, because thats just crazy... and easily changed.
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 04:46 AM   #43
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth
 
Ineedaname9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,559
'Occupy Wallstreet' to me (in America, can't say for the rest of you guys) is about the fact there is something wrong with the government and there has to be a point that it shouldn't matter that there is a solution but that something must be done. It kind of reminds me of Hoovervilles from the Great Depression with modern technology. lol

I'm a supporter for the peaceful protesting side of it and the idealism surrounding it but not much else.

Lol after reading those immigration links/post, I suppose I am lucky that if I decided to move into a EU countries I should have no problems with doing so. I have duel citizenship with Germany >.>
__________________
Currently making:
Kagetane - Black Bullet, Camus!Shinning All Star - Utapri, Hades - Kamigami no Asobi, Klaiver - Ace Attorney, Murasaki - Hamatora

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #44
JMG181
Registered User
 
JMG181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 387
I'm socially liberally, fiscally conservative. I don't fit in with the democratic party, because I believe they just throw money at problems, instead of trying to actually solve the issues that cause them. I don't fit in with the republican party now, because apparently they've all gone religious right.

I work in NYC, and I go down to Wall St. because some of my clients are there.

So, background out of the way.... I don't support or dismiss them. I don't support them because the behavior I've seen has been irrational, unfocused, and downright antagonistic without any real goals. I don't dismiss them, because I get it. I get why people are pissed off. I happen to be pretty pissed off myself - my taxes are skyrocketing, costs of basic goods like bread, peanut butter, and milk keep going up and up.... along with home heating fuels, like heating oil, propane, and gas. I get that people are pissed off that executives were taking bonuses while the government was bailing their company out, that the spread between executive pay and employee pay keeps increasing in leaps and bounds.

I also don't understand half the complaints of these so-called 99%-ers who are involved. I see people my age bitching about not being able to afford their "tiny 1 bedroom apartment". Here's a clue dumbass, move out, get a roommate! I feel sorry for some postings on there, because they have real issues - 50's and 60's, lost the job they've had for 30 years due to cutbacks, their 401k plummeted to being near completely worthless, and they couldn't retire if they tried. Then I see intermixed a 22 year old complaining that they can't make payments on their brand new car?!? I have a house, I'm getting married, and I've never owned a new car. Get over it. Its a car, ffs. Sell it, buy used. Ugh.

What I don't get is what they think they are doing with these protests.
JMG181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #45
pinoycosplay
Fighting VG Specialist
 
pinoycosplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 737
What i really don't feel is an appropriate counterpoint is the people who say "i worked two jobs to put myself through school, worked 70 hours a week and didn't spend any money on any extras and have 2 days off a month" So is that supposed to be the new "normal" in this country? Its going to be considered "normal" to have to work 70 hours a week while going to school and then have low prospects of finding a job to use that degree with? What if you were able to go to all that effort and had to maintain your 2 part time jobs because you couldn't find a job that required your degree?

You realize that in the united states at least, people used to buy houses in their mid 20s. Households used to be able to survive on 1 income, but now 2 incomes is almost a necessity. But I guess this is the new "normal" now as well. Basically people have bought into the idea of fighting each other for the leftover scraps.
pinoycosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.