Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 10-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
cmlara_2009

Pocahontas Cosplay Help

Hey Everyone,

I am new to Cosplay and the forums; so if this is posted in the wrong section I apologize in advance!

That said, I am trying to be Pocahontas this year for Halloween and I've seen so many awesome versions of the cosplay that I wanted to have a go at it. I wasn't sure how I should really start on this; I know Halloween is quickly approaching so I am looking for something that could work but wouldn't be too time consuming. I do not know how to sew but would try my hardest if this costume requires it.

I am going for the Disney look and want to try to get as close to it as possible:
http://disneyprincesspicture.net/ima...0mist.full.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do to achieve this look please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

-Celina
cmlara_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
emmisu
King of Toast

Okay I'm kind of a noob but I'll try to hep you out

I'm looking through some costumes here and online of her, and the ones that look the best most often have:

1. Darker tan for the body of the dress, not yellow.

2. The Fabric looks 'furry' like a faux suede or something. I'd avoid crushed velvet and stuff like that that's really shiny on camera. It's supposed to be made out of an animal hide or some sort, going by historical context.

3. The Fringe is always thin. You can actually use tassel-like material here or you can rip thin shreds of cotton or some material, leaving a at least a 1/4 inch border on the end for easy sewing.

4. Make the necklace out of sculpey or another easy bake clay. It comes in all colors or you can paint it.

5. There's a number of method for using like duct tape and stuff to make ghetto home made patterns in the sewing and patterns tutorial forum.

6. I recommend Liquid Latex or (it that's too pricey) face painting crayons like you would get cheaply in party city makeup stores. Set it with powder though so it doesn't smudge.

Good luck just ask if you want more suggestions!

And I hope this helps you out at least a little

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Cynthia

Going by this:
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...p90jo1_500.jpg

Her dress is made from fleece or a fabric of similar texture. The fringe is the same fabric in a lighter color that has been "fringed." Her necklace is plastic and strung. The waist band is a faux suede material and detachable. Her tattoo is a paint on. Figure on getting a long black wig that falls to about your waist.
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote