Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #61
_Aphmau_
Dynamis-A-kon Interloper

Will not be attending A-kon 23, though look forward to seeing pictures from the photoshoot this year! I hope you all have a wonderful time!

=TifaIA: I LOVE FFXI/FFXIV cosplay; I am so looking forward to your Lady Lilith! I played FFXI for many years and am currently playing FFXIV. ;D
_Aphmau_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #62
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystah_G View Post
I'll be bringing a redone version of my barret from last year back.
Redone? It was pretty awesome last year. What are you changing up? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Aphmau_ View Post
Will not be attending A-kon 23, though look forward to seeing pictures from the photoshoot this year! I hope you all have a wonderful time!

=TifaIA: I LOVE FFXI/FFXIV cosplay; I am so looking forward to your Lady Lilith! I played FFXI for many years and am currently playing FFXIV. ;D
Sorry to read that you can't make it. But yea! Someone else who gets 11/14 cosplay. XD I can assure you there will be lots of photos taken.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #63
Mystah_G

I'm altering the vest and adding a couple things to the gun-arm
Mystah_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #64
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystah_G View Post
I'm altering the vest and adding a couple things to the gun-arm
Ahh ok. Best of luck to you!

Countdown to A-Kon commencing. *thud*
Unread 04-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #65
ino_kitty_chan

So, Lightning made her debut at Mizuumi-Con 5.....there are pieces that messed up slightly, but I'm glad I was able to rush finish her just to see what all would need to be redone and how it would hold up. I'm going back and remaking all of the fabric pieces, fixing the left thigh armor and remaking another one (just in case the other one re-breaks), and fixing up the boots a little bit more. I still have the sword to do, and I still have a bit to do for the shield, but all in all, it's coming out pretty nicely.
ino_kitty_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #66
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino_kitty_chan View Post
So, Lightning made her debut at Mizuumi-Con 5.....there are pieces that messed up slightly, but I'm glad I was able to rush finish her just to see what all would need to be redone and how it would hold up. I'm going back and remaking all of the fabric pieces, fixing the left thigh armor and remaking another one (just in case the other one re-breaks), and fixing up the boots a little bit more. I still have the sword to do, and I still have a bit to do for the shield, but all in all, it's coming out pretty nicely.
That's good to hear! I had a test run with my costumes at All-Con. Always good to see where the issues are in-wear so they can be fixed up before the next big run. Good luck to you!
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #67
Melodious Nocturne
~*Melodious Angel*~

i will be Rinoa, both ballroom dress and regular outfit. my friend will be Squall
Sayaka Miki - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Melodious Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #68
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious Nocturne View Post
i will be Rinoa, both ballroom dress and regular outfit. my friend will be Squall
I remember your Stocking from last year. We'll be happy to have you. ^^
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #69
orah257
Don't forget to smile! :D

Final Fantasy IX
Garnet- Demon_Kaizoku

Final Fantasy VIII
Rinoa: Melodious Nocturne
Squall: Melodious Nocturne's friend

Final Fantasy X
Lulu- mara
Rikku-orah257's sister
Summoner Yuna- _Aphmau_

Final Fantasy Advent Children
Yuffie-soraKHdemyx
Mystah G- Barrett

Final fantasy XIII
Vanille-(male verison)Julianjung
Hope-Hannuh

Final Fantasy XIII-2
Lightning-_ino_kitty_chan, Sakaiyo's sister,
Serah- Sakaiyo, Savannah
Snow-Sakaiyo's friend, ashelia89's husband
Hope-Sakaiyo's friend
Yeul-Sakaiyo's friend, orah257
Noel-Sakaiyo's friend, ashelia89
orah257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #70
julianjung
Girls' Generation ~

Great job with the list Orah! Just a little over a month away, and I'm sure everyone is beyond excited (:

I've been super busy with work and whatnot so I haven't been able to get on here or even get much started with my cosplays ): . I'm definitely set on going with 2 outfits though, even though I have such a small amount of time left. Right now the plan is to make one outfit and buy the other online. For the one I'm buying, I'm debating on going as either Tidus from FF X or Noel Kreiss from FF XII-2. What do you guys think?

On to my first cosplay, the Vanille outfit (: . Do you guys think I'd be able to make it within the short amount of time I have left? I'll be uploading my sketches of it later today so you guys can kinda see what I'm going for.

@Orah: Would it be okay if I asked you some questions on how you were able to make your Vanille cosplay? It looked amazing! I'm sure any advice you had would really help (:
julianjung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #71
orah257
Don't forget to smile! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianjung View Post
Great job with the list Orah! Just a little over a month away, and I'm sure everyone is beyond excited (:

I've been super busy with work and whatnot so I haven't been able to get on here or even get much started with my cosplays ): . I'm definitely set on going with 2 outfits though, even though I have such a small amount of time left. Right now the plan is to make one outfit and buy the other online. For the one I'm buying, I'm debating on going as either Tidus from FF X or Noel Kreiss from FF XII-2. What do you guys think?

On to my first cosplay, the Vanille outfit (: . Do you guys think I'd be able to make it within the short amount of time I have left? I'll be uploading my sketches of it later today so you guys can kinda see what I'm going for.

@Orah: Would it be okay if I asked you some questions on how you were able to make your Vanille cosplay? It looked amazing! I'm sure any advice you had would really help (:
Personally you would make a great Noel! I think it is possible to do Vanille in a month, but you risk everything possibly falling apart(But as long as you have a strong base with the beads that shouldn't happen). And I would love to help in any way ^_^ We can skype if that would be faster in answering questions. And I would love to see your sketches!
orah257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #72
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

orah257, thanks again for updating the list. ^^

@julianjung: It's totally possible to get the costume done in a month. Really it comes down to planning and how much time you're willing to give to the costume.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #73
julianjung
Girls' Generation ~

Then Noel it is (: hopefully lol. It's quite a bit more expensive than the Tidus cosplay so if it's in my budget I should be able to pull it off I'm only 5'6" so I hope the pants don't look too goofy on me haha.

I've definitely read a couple of comments here and there about the beads falling off /: that worries me lol. I have no idea how to even start the bead work, so I'll definitely need your help with that Orah (: Since I don't know how to sew, a coworker of mine is going to do the sewing for me thankfully. My big concern is the buttcape lol. Skype would definitely be really helpful! Could you send me your username in a pm? Once I get started on everything I'll be sure to message you (:

Here are the pictures: The first one is the original and the second one has some changes (mostly to the shirt) that I thought looked nicer. I'm trying to make the costume a bit more masculine without taking away from the fact that it's Vanille lol. Any comments or advice would definitely be appreciated (I kinda got lazy with the second picture as you can see lol)

http://tinypic.com/r/mio1w3/6

http://tinypic.com/r/15g70b6/6
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #74
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

Can't...wait...Ugh. I feel like I'm thirsty! Thirsty for A-Kon... >

San Japan: Sinister 6- Gabriel from Supernatural, Wiccan from the Young Avengers, other unknown.
soraKHdemyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #75
julianjung
Girls' Generation ~

@tifaia I sure hope so (: . I definitely have a lot of free time now so I'd be able to put about 2 hours into the outfit everyday