Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Duo Monkey
Yaoi Con Cosplay Director

Angry Review: 鶉-uzura-

I contracted this person almost a year ago for two costumes. I paid her half and haven't heard a word from her since. I am taking legal action against her and I warn anyone else who has dealings with this person to keep records of all your conversations with her in case you need to take legal action as I am.
Duo Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
kiratsukai
culture shocked

An addendum, as I recognized the name:

I've recieved pms about this user in the past asking to verify if they're Japanese, as they were presenting themselves as Japanese to potential comissioners.

Their story and the pms/information I received were fishy enough that I warned the person who contacted me against trusting the user's claims -- both gender and race seemed to be misrepresented (comissioner claimed to be male with shots of what appeared to be crossplay) while photo quality and locales seemed schizophrenic (all location shots included images that placed them in southeast Asia, not Japan... which include shots of stores and racial types not common in Japan). An IP check showed the user to be falsifying location claims and the paypal address confirmed (I think we ended up tracing the person to Malaysia).

Note: there is a legit Japanese cosplayer by the same handle - http://www.cosp.jp/prof.aspx?id=20507

She has nothing to do with all this.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 10-17-2011 at 10:35 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Duo Monkey

Angry Scammer commissioner

I paid 鶉-uzura- over 200 dollars a year and a half ago and she STILL hasn't given any updates or the costume for that matter. I know she's getting my PMs because she's been online. Does anyone have her email so I can get my money back through PayPal?
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Duo Monkey

I'm so ticked over this. I want my money back.
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
I'm so ticked over this. I want my money back.
Did you pay her through a credit card, debit card, or a money order?

If you paid her through your credit card or a debit card, did you notify the credit card company or your bank about the situation?

If you used a postal money order, notify the post office. If it was from a bank, let the bank know.

Did you also notified PayPal? (PayPal may have have a time limit of less than 40 days though.)

If you haven't notified any of them of the scam, you may want to notify them as soon as possible.

Don't wait any longer. it is obviously a scam, especially when you haven't heard from them for a year and a half.

Also, do you have a link to the website for that particular business? It may help to notify everyone to avoid the scam artist.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
LightKanako

Oh man, that stinks. Most of the commissioners I've had have been really trustworthy and lived up to my expectations. I can't imagine how upset/angry you must be. :/

I don't have any good advice, but Hakaider seems to know what they're talking about. haha.
LightKanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
CrazySunshine

I'm in the same boat with this "commissioner". They have photos on their profile, but I'm almost certain that they were not made by this user. They look too professionally made. I have contacted PayPal about my situation as well and nothing has been done.
CrazySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote