I'd like to cosplay the Witch at MetroCon next year, but I need help. I know MANY threads like this have been made, but I wanted one were I could collect tips on all aspects of the cosplay: clothes, make-up, claws, wig, (for more dedicated cosplayers like me) behavior, and vocalization.
I admit I haven't played L4D, but I'm planning to before MetroCon. I've read all about the individual characters and watched gameplay, in person and on YouTube. The character I'm most attracted to cosplaying after all that is the Witch, so yea. Again, I WILL play the game before I debut the cosplay.
With that aside, let's start the questions from top to bottom.
1. Any recomindations on wigs?
2. If I get a plain white/blond wig, what's the best way to have the brown/black at the ends, dying or extensions?
3. If I dye, how would I? (I had laughs typing this question.)
1. If I decide to enter a Masqurade, should I just make a tank top and panties or is it fine if I buy them and alter them?
2. What's the best way to rip the top?
3. What's a good way to bloodstain clothing?
4. Any advice on gaining confidence to be half naked in public?
1. How should I put make-up on?
2. What about blending it in with the claws?
3. If I use thin ankle-mid-lower-leg socks for my feet, how would I blend that together with the make-up?
4. I know the Witch cries a lot: how should I attempt to make me look like I've bawled my eyes out?
- all questions answered -
1. To protect or not? That's not a question. Some cons have banned barefeet. I was thinking of using stocking that don't go too high and making the black (if not bought that way) and putting those sole pain relievers in as the bottom to protect my feet. Good idea or horrible idea?
1. Have any of you seen videos of cosplayers acting like the Witch PERFECTLY?
1. Best videos or mp3s of the Witch or Witch cosplayers sounding perfect like her, so I may practice as I listen?
I'll be posting the methods I use to make my cosplay for any other Witches spawning after I finish my cosplay. For now, they'll be text, but I plan to make videos and dA tutorials on all my methods to help explain.
(If you see your name by something, I'm thanking you for the suggestion or crediting your idea.)
My Witch Method:
CLOTHES: Store-bought (LittleLostWitch), tea-dying (various cosplayers)
MAKE-UP: Halloween make-up (LittleLostWitch)
CLAWS: Chinese finger traps as attachments + masking tape + black ink as dye + black fake claws. (scarlettwolff)
FEET: Low stockings with soles at the bottom(?)
My official tips:
1. Check the con's website to see if barefeet are allowed when in the convention site before going completely barefoot.
2. To make the high pitches, I suggest you warm up your vocals with Choiral warm-ups.
3. When you dye the masking tape and traps for your claws, do it in a heavily vendilated area because of the fumes from the black ink. (given by scarlettwolff, the cosplayer who helped with my claws)
4. When tea-dying, take out the tea bags before inserting the clothing to prevent uneven dye and use 100% cotton clothing. (given by Sarcasm-hime and LittleLostWitch)