Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 10-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
Katala

Talking Game of Thrones 2012

GoT 2012
Since I started the 2011 thread, I'm going to start a thread for 2012. GlassCannon was a big help in the momentum of the forum so I hope she will continue to co-run this, as were others. Also whoever set up the board on facebook if they could change the date to the next year with times and places to be announced I hope they can do the same thing and be the facebook face (pun intended) of GoT 2012.

Other formats to get word out
Anyone want Twitter? I don't do that. Or myspace if it's wanted? I think twitter is a needed aspect to gain even more people. I can post to all the livejournal groups as I do that alot. I hope we can get a few people to take charge positions - I know I yelled as much as I could at the photo shoots to try to get every grouping we could think of. And I'll post my pictures soon.

Steps to take to get a GoT's Track
I also want to know if people will take on some aspects this year of starting steps to bring ASOFAI series and GRRM in general into it's own track, but to do so most tracks started by have many panels in other tracks and then show a tally of how many people attended each and showing the facts to the board for a need of a track. I believe some of us could volunteer to do more than just the american sci-fi media and american sci-fi literature track panels.

Volunteers?
Costuming (a big one here, could do props and outfits and outfits of the different lands and why plus heraldry)
Gaming (the boardgames (they are fun) and larp based on the rpg that was put out)
The Armory
Art Show Demos (like the guy on the fb site who made the metal house pendants, of course people would have to pay for that but to get a pendant I know I would)
Brittrack (filming overseas?)
Dark Fantasy (zombie Cat, the undying, the others, etc)
and hopefully get one or two of the stars to make a big panel.

Suggestions? (I will edit and put them here with the volunteer)
I hope some people will step up a take one or two of these and present ideas to those and add more ideas.

Nuptial News - that will be promoted as GoTs like
Also in the Pern track, my fiancée and I are having a Game of Throne's style wedding and reception (with cloak exchanging :-) ).

Salutations! Here's to getting a new Track! Winter is Coming!
I know I can't do it all and we should work as a team effort to get this year as a bases to make sure that 2013 debuts the Game of Throne's Track! (we should also have a facebook group to talk about this too).

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-27-2011, 03:54 AM   #2
Katala

Post For GOT General panels and for Costume Groups

Costume Groups:
Cosplay.com: Katala and GlassCannon (this page)
Live Journal: Katala
Twitter: GlassCannon
Facebook: hopefuly the same person who made the 2011 FB costume page for GOTs

ASOIAF - GOTs General Panel Announcements:
(to get speakers, moderators, and make announcements)
Cosplay.com: Katala and GlassCannon (this page)
Live Journal: Katala
Twitter: GlassCannon
Facebook: Katala and GlassCannon

Post Script
Please let me know if you want to be a second or third on admins for these, more help the easier come on down. This is all in hopes of getting a track . Website to be posted soon

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
DaniiChan
something clever.

I'll help in any way I can =) I had so much fun at the photoshoot (sitting there grinning like an idiot the whole time...) I had wished there was more of it. Mayhaps a party of some sort? =D

Dunno what costume I'm doing yet next year though.... so excited to see what the new season brings!! (Costume-wise... well, and interpretation-wise =) )
DaniiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 02:49 AM   #4
Katala

Yeah me too - I'm going to wear my Cat dress to my GoT's style pre-wedding for next year. We are having it in the Pern room and it will be a Pern/GoTs party after with food and drinks. It's only a "pre" because all my friend's go to Dragoncon and live in the South whereas I live in Michigan and am Catholic so the "real" one has to happen up here but then no one other than family would go so hence GOTS Wedding - Party, food, pictures, sounds like we could just continue the party there. (It will be listed as a GoTs/Pern Wedding so both fandoms can come and enjoy and take pictures of each other and party, wedding itself will be short, mainly taken from the Sansa wedding scene.

Costumes:
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
Draculina
~ devine your destiny! ~

Bumping this thread!

*slight spoilers ahead for ASOS (book 3)*

I've been thinking about which ASOIAF character I'd like to costume as for a long time, and would like to get serious about making something for D*C this year. Even though I love the drama and players in King's Landing and "across the sea" throughout the books, I've also always loved Jon Snow's story leg in Wilding territory. So I think I'm going to take the design from the Dark Swords Miniatures line of Ygritte (as endorsed on GRRM's "Not A Blog") and try to make it "life-sized". I realize Ygritte is not "televised" yet so I may have to face some music from the diehard TV fans, but it's all good.

Anyways, I'd love to participate in a meetup, so I'll check back here in the near future
Shae (A Song of Ice and Fire: A Storm of Swords)
Morrigan: Sacred Ashes Variant (Dragon Age:Origins)
Asa Shigure (Shuffle!: Really? Really!)
Smuggler (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

The trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun- Mark Twain
Draculina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
DaniiChan
something clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draculina View Post
Bumping this thread!

*slight spoilers ahead for ASOS (book 3)*

I've been thinking about which ASOIAF character I'd like to costume as for a long time, and would like to get serious about making something for D*C this year. Even though I love the drama and players in King's Landing and "across the sea" throughout the books, I've also always loved Jon Snow's story leg in Wilding territory. So I think I'm going to take the design from the Dark Swords Miniatures line of Ygritte (as endorsed on GRRM's "Not A Blog") and try to make it "life-sized". I realize Ygritte is not "televised" yet so I may have to face some music from the diehard TV fans, but it's all good.

Anyways, I'd love to participate in a meetup, so I'll check back here in the near future
Doo eet!! Haters gonna hate, but I don't think you'll be met with any problems =) I did a ghetto-Ygritte for my boyfriend's Jon Snow not too long ago, basically I threw it together as best I could and people actually knew who I was anyway! lol
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #7
Katala

April 1

Can't wait only like two weeks away.

I'm going to see about contacting some tracks to see if they could do a GOTS panel, like armory and costume. I count six tracks that could help and if they fill it might be proof for a much needed track.

Also going to see about the old facebook group

And making Stark wolf emblem pins and barrettes.

Costumes:
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
DaniiChan
something clever.

I made a FB group a bit back cause I tried accessing the old one and since I think it was an Event and not a group it is gone forever...? D: Hope I'm not stepping on any toes... If whoever the Admin/creator of the FB group before (I don't know who it was.. Cav?) wants Admin status on this, I'd be more than happy to grant it!!

I'm on FB religiously, so I'll be good at updating it =)

I hope this is okay! www.facebook.com/groups/399029893457043/
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
Katala

Yeah I'm on fb all day since I work online.

Costumes:
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #10
Katala

https://m.facebook.com/vdhampton?ref=m_notif&notif_t=photo_comment&__user =1341414211#!/event.php?eid=164424293622210&ref=m_notif&notif_t= photo_comment&__user=1341414211

https://www.facebook.com/groups/143491629077875/

Costumes:
Unread 03-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
OneWingedSeraph
Earthbound Cosmonaut

Looks like I'm going to be able to bring Jon Snow, and I'll have a Sansa Stark with me! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katala View Post

Nuptial News - that will be promoted as GoTs like
Also in the Pern track, my fiancée and I are having a Game of Throne's style wedding and reception (with cloak exchanging :-) ).
How exciting! Moar details, please!

Winter is coming...
OneWingedSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
DaniiChan
something clever.

Yea, I'm already a part of that group, I just made the other one *specifically* for Dragon*Con, if you'd like to be made admin I could (I'm pretty sure..) =)
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #13
Katala

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniiChan View Post
Yea, I'm already a part of that group, I just made the other one *specifically* for Dragon*Con, if you'd like to be made admin I could (I'm pretty sure..) =)
Kewl I have tons of picture I could upload.

Costumes:
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #14
uplaw
:|

I wonder if could manage an Arya costume this year..... or if I should, really...
(GRUE what am I doing in this thread I blame you)
Unread 04-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #15
Katala

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniiChan View Post
Yeah I just got on there :-)

Sw your costume plans - was thinking of doing a Cordy from Angel but everyone I know says I should do Illyria or Fred - I just watched the show and thought yeah I get it not only body type but I talk about theoretical physics like Fred and was even going on about what she didn't say cause I kinds ignore the yeah we don't have any idea what you're talking about looks - but was thinking Cordy princess, ascension, or black dressed evil pregnant lady

Costumes: