Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Unread 10-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Sakurai_Atsushi
Yaoi Guy, in a girly body

Derpy?

Okay, so my design is simple enough, however, I have extremely limited sewing ability. Also known as next to no ability. So I had the thought to just get a skirt and a tank top for my base, and just dye it.. however, I'm not good with that either, in this instance, I think it's a little hard to exactly match Derpy's coloring.. it seems like a blue-grey. Is there a way to achieve this color for dyes?

D: I'd like to also make loose arm and leg warmers, and little wings for the back.. any advice?
Aizenism :3?
Sakurai_Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Is this Derpy Hooves? Her coloring looks grey to me. You should be able to find 2 pairs of sweat pants for the arm and leg covers. Trim the pants where you want them and hem the edges; the elastic *should* provide enough staying power. If not, safety pins help keep things in place. You could also paint her cutie mark on the tank or skirt.

For the wings, the easiest might be a wire frame with craft foam attached via ribbon or elastic. If you cannot find the right shade of foam, seal and paint it. There are wing making and craft foam resources/tutorials online. You can also do an advanced search here on coscom. Hope some of this info helps...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote