Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 102 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #181
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

If I'm not mistaken this is the dress used during Cinderella's ball that Snow wore with her hair up at that time.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Now I want that issue!

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 10-19-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #182
Katieasaur
Being Awesome

red riding hood almost complete eeeeek
Katieasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #183
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
If I'm not mistaken this is the dress used during Sleeping Beauties ball that Snow wore with her hair up at that time.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Now I want that issue!
(I think it was Cinderella's ball) But yes, that's the one! However, she did not have the pretty pretty capelette on her shoulders. That is a really pretty cape....
The text's small, but that sketch in the bottom corner indicates there are possible more costume details to be found inside? The article link did not say.... but it did say they might off important characters this season. I did not like that part.

The Coscom fans of Ouat must know what's inside! Do we get that magazine in Canada?

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #184
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Yess went to say Cinderella o_O. I know it's really hard to find references of that one.
http://popstyle.ew.com/2012/10/19/on...eeks-ew-video/
Video have Snow's new riding/battle outfit as well.

You can order a subscription to ship to Canada. Maybe Chapters/Indigo would have it in the massive magazine racks.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 10-19-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Unread 10-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #185
Arlette
Let it Go

Yep, lilac dress is from Cinderella's wedding and cape/shawl can be seen in "A Land Without Magic" when Charming wakes her up and then proposes. If anyone was curious!

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #186
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So excited. ^_^ I got a pattern for Red's corset. My friends also want to cosplay OUaT with me, so now I have a Rumple and Hook. Of course I need to make everything for them but I don't care. I have a group! XD I need to bother my friends to get as many ref images as possible so I don't have to.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #187
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Yess went to say Cinderella o_O. I know it's really hard to find references of that one.
http://popstyle.ew.com/2012/10/19/on...eeks-ew-video/
Video have Snow's new riding/battle outfit as well.

You can order a subscription to ship to Canada. Maybe Chapters/Indigo would have it in the massive magazine racks.
Hm, next time I'm in one, I am so looking for it.

I love how he's a combination of pleased with his work, and perfectly nonchalant about the crazy awesome he makes. It's just silk duponi and crystals after all. Just had that stuff kicking around. O_o;

I did not realize that the forevernownamed War Council outfit had a split in the back panel. *files that idea away for later* I doubt I'd directly cosplay Snoiw directly but a peplum jacket with a back skirting is too tempting not to adapt. And I would apparently want to wear that, while riding a horse, so that the tails would fly behind us as we galloped down the 401 highway. That would be epic....

All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Unread 10-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #188
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Today's episode had so much FEELS.

I also spent a lot of time when Hook was on the screen trying to figure out his outfit. I really liked his leather coat. I really want my friend to give me the a-go that she wants to be Hook but she isn't sure. -_- Why can't you pick one of the girls with the pretty dresses? XD

I also found this on ebay. It looks pretty good for Red but a little too big for me.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #189
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Guys, I have scored the Entertainment Weekly magazine. The secrets to the OUAT world are now at our fingertips! Sort of.

There's actually less pictures in the magazine that I hoped. The article is good, and has some nice story timbits, but I wanted more pictures.
Basically there is:
-Cover: Snow, (lilac dress, white flower shawl) Charming (burgendy doublet)
-Snow (war council outfit) Charming (burgendy)
-Snow (white,lilac) Charming (blue velvet cape and armor)
-a collection of small screen caps for future episodes
-Snow (war council with a small sketch of the outfit in the corner)
-Charming (burgendy with sketch)
-Regina (purple and black gown with sketch)

If anyone wants a scan of any of them, let me know. I probably can jimmyrig something together in a few days, if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Today's episode had so much FEELS.

I also spent a lot of time when Hook was on the screen trying to figure out his outfit. I really liked his leather coat. I really want my friend to give me the a-go that she wants to be Hook but she isn't sure. -_- Why can't you pick one of the girls with the pretty dresses? XD

I also found this on ebay. It looks pretty good for Red but a little too big for me.
The Feels were many last night.
Hook's been promoted to a regular, so he should be popping up in that outfit often, I would imagine. Ready your screen captures! I was the same with Rumple's wife, whose name is escaping me. I didn't get a great breakdown of what she was wearing, especially since a good chunk of the scene was night, and then I was too distracted by yelling, TAKE THE HAND! at the TV. But it looked...interesting. I was liking the layers at least.

Aw, that would have worked well for Red too. Do you have any thrift stores nearby? I have a skirt that's almost identical to that, that I picked up like.... 5 years at the Good Will. You might luck out. I was debating about using my own for Red but it's not quite full enough for my liking....and the more I look at the promo image, I'm thinking that version of the skirt is crushed penne or velvet. (Probably with their budget, it's velvet) Great. I dislike stretch fabric...though maybe if I staystitch the waist it might not stretch so bad. But it rolls.... I hate rolls unless they are the bakery fresh kind...

EDIT: I also just found some pics from a recent show:

http://www.artfinder.com/work/once-u...ostume-design/

Starting from there and moving right, there's some nice shots of Season 1 stuff.

Last edited by Moofingham : 10-22-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Unread 10-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #190
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I had a moment a the end of the show thinking that Rumples son is/will be Peter Pan. O_O The boy that Never Grew up and ran away to Neverland via a magic bean. When Hook took his boat into the world-pool the magic bean created I had a freak out moment when he said their where going to Neverland.

And Smee's red hat I wasn't cluing into either. lol

The Genie/spirit of the mirror costume is so detailed!
http://www.artfinder.com/work/once-u...ostume-design/

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 10-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #191
Arlette
Let it Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
The Feels were many last night.
Hook's been promoted to a regular, so he should be popping up in that outfit often, I would imagine. Ready your screen captures! I was the same with Rumple's wife, whose name is escaping me. I didn't get a great breakdown of what she was wearing, especially since a good chunk of the scene was night, and then I was too distracted by yelling, TAKE THE HAND! at the TV. But it looked...interesting. I was liking the layers at least.
Milha (I believe that's how it's spelled, I'm trying to remember the press release) has a VERY elaborate and pretty pirate outfit, but I think the problem is going to be that not very many people like her, lol. I have a friend who is thinking about making it purely for aesthetic reasons and because she's making Hook for her hubby, but she's not sure yet. I liked the sheer sleeves of her blouse and her wide belt with all the STUFF on it.

*has already watched the episode three times because I have a problem.

But yeah, I think the problem is going to be that people dislike her because of the Rumple thing and won't want to make that costume. I didn't care for her, myself.

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #192
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

@anii-bee: honestly I was thinking the same thing. It's totally possible still right? Same transport, would explain how bae wouldn't be dead after all those years, how he could be henry's father...

@arlette: *it's not a problem, it's attention to details!* yeah...personality wise...not the best, but such an interesting outfit.

Unread 10-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #193
MedievalGirl

I liked Milah's costume too. It was practical in an adventurer's way and not boobilicious like so many female pirate costumes. Cool necklace too.

Bandit Snow and Charming are almost done. I had my husband put it all on together this evening. (He's been so patient about all of this.) There are pictures but I didn't get the light right.

He still needs to put the conchos on his belt and I need to fix the collar and cuffs on the shirt. (It was made for something else.)

I have no picture of me because I screwed up the blouse. It went together really well and looked nice enough to wear out in the real world. Then I decided it needed washing to look more lived in. I turned it pretty pretty princess pink. I got most of the pink out and decide to tea dye it to hide the remaining color and give it character. Right. Character. At some point I decide to twist up the sleeves to make it more peasant blousely. I use binder clips. Turns out one of the clips must have been made of iron.

I really should have known better. In my historical reenactments I've made ink out of oak galls and/or walnuts plus iron sulfate and some other stuff. I taught classes on this this. With the tannins from the tea and the metal of the clip I end up with some very dark inky stains on the blouse. Sigh.

I don't know why I'm tell you this. I'm amused at the chemistry of the whole thing it being Mole day and all.
MedievalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #194
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Baelfire his name is interesting.
"Baelfire" (Old English spelling) or "balefire" (modern spelling) means "great (or "fatal" or "evil") fire."
Celtic Pagan it means "bonfire"

Bael is a type of asian fruiting tree that take 11 months to ripen. It was cinsider to have healing properties.

Bael as a name means "handsome" in french

And there is this one. Sound a lot like Baelfire.
http://www.kabalarians.com/Male/bael.htm

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Unread 10-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #195
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
Milha (I believe that's how it's spelled, I'm trying to remember the press release) has a VERY elaborate and pretty pirate outfit, but I think the problem is going to be that not very many people like her, lol. I have a friend who is thinking about making it purely for aesthetic reasons and because she's making Hook for her hubby, but she's not sure yet. I liked the sheer sleeves of her blouse and her wide belt with all the STUFF on it.

*has already watched the episode three times because I have a problem.

But yeah, I think the problem is going to be that people dislike her because of the Rumple thing and won't want to make that costume. I didn't care for her, myself.
Yeah... I absolutely LOVE her costume, but she's not really a character I'd want to cosplay because (as of right now) she's a pretty flat, unlikable character. Which is kind of sad, because her story could have been given a lot more depth and made her more intriguing. I think the core problem is just that... she's just not very interesting. I mean, Regina is a terrible person (or at least she was in season 1), but people still enjoy her because her backstory has so much complexity and she feels like a fully fleshed-out character. Milah just really seems like a placeholder/throwaway/deus ex machina so that Rumple could meet Hook, rather than an actual person.

I'm hoping they give us more details of Milah's story... maybe a look at Milah and Rumple before the war, how they met and got married, the fallout when he came home from the war and the constant ridicule causing stress in the marriage, the arguing and tension... actually show pieces of the process of how everything really fell apart between them. Or even more about Milah's interaction with Hook the night before she left. Perhaps we could get to see the moment she made the decision to leave, from her perspective. It would be a lot more intriguing than just "wah, you're a big chicken so I'm running off with smexy eyeliner pirate, buh-bye!". And then she would be more fun to cosplay... even if she was still a "villain", she might be a bit more sympathetic.

Anyway... sorry for the ramble. It's something that's been a bit disappointing to me this season so far - the way everything just feels rushed, like we're skimming the surface of everything instead of really getting invested in any one part of the story at a time. I still love the show, but I crave that real sense of connection that I got with last season's characters. I bonded with Nova and Cinderella and Belle, even though each only had a starring role in one episode apiece. I have yet to feel that connection with any of the new characters this season, and I hope that they will go more in-depth later.

Last edited by TheFontBandit : 10-25-2012 at 12:24 PM.
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote