Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #196
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post
"wah, you're a big chicken so I'm running off with smexy eyeliner pirate, buh-bye!"
This made me lol. XD

So I told one of my other friends that I'm going to have a OUaT group for NYCC and she said she would be Snow for us. ^_^ Thankfully she can make her own cosplays so I don't need to worry about her.
__________________
Working on...
|Zangoose Gijinka(Pokemon)|Leira(OC)|Anna(Coronation Dress, Frozen)|Fem. Waver(Fate/Zero)|Yui(Casual Outfit, Diabolik Lovers)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #197
Arlette
Let it Go
 
Arlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post
Anyway... sorry for the ramble. It's something that's been a bit disappointing to me this season so far - the way everything just feels rushed, like we're skimming the surface of everything instead of really getting invested in any one part of the story at a time. I still love the show, but I crave that real sense of connection that I got with last season's characters. I bonded with Nova and Cinderella and Belle, even though each only had a starring role in one episode apiece. I have yet to feel that connection with any of the new characters this season, and I hope that they will go more in-depth later.
Yeah, I'll have to agree with this to a point. I fell in love with Belle and she became my second favorite character after only one episode. Hell, one particular SENTENCE made me fall in love with her and told me so much about her. I do feel that they are trying with Aurora and Mulan, but I haven't had that "ah ha" moment yet. I love Hook, but some of my love is based on his sass. I do love characters who are facetious.

Anyway, to keep this on topic, I think I'm going to make Rumple's crazy!Rum costume instead of another of his more "gentlemanly" ones. I've already done that, you know? So I'm shooting for his main costume, the alligator skin one that he's worn since the pilot. Although I may make the burgundy cloak that he wears with it in The Crocodile (which I think is the same one he wore in The Return) to go with it and make it a little different. I did an online search and found black CROCODILE SKIN vinyl that is perfect, and it made my day because I'm a nerd and have no life.
__________________
"No one decides my fate but me."

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #198
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
I did an online search and found black CROCODILE SKIN vinyl that is perfect, and it made my day because I'm a nerd and have no life.
May I have a l have a link for this? I think my friend wants the alligator skin vest for her Rumple cosplay.
__________________
Working on...
|Zangoose Gijinka(Pokemon)|Leira(OC)|Anna(Coronation Dress, Frozen)|Fem. Waver(Fate/Zero)|Yui(Casual Outfit, Diabolik Lovers)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #199
Arlette
Let it Go
 
Arlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
May I have a l have a link for this? I think my friend wants the alligator skin vest for her Rumple cosplay.
http://www.mjtrends.com/products.Bla...akeskin,Fabric

Just make her promise not to buy it all up!
__________________
"No one decides my fate but me."

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #200
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
http://www.mjtrends.com/products.Bla...akeskin,Fabric

Just make her promise not to buy it all up!
Thanks! And don't worry, as I'm going to be making it for her, I'll make sure she doesn't buy it all. ;D
__________________
Working on...
|Zangoose Gijinka(Pokemon)|Leira(OC)|Anna(Coronation Dress, Frozen)|Fem. Waver(Fate/Zero)|Yui(Casual Outfit, Diabolik Lovers)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #201
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,828
I read the Entertainment weekly article and they mention that the purple dress is considered Ragina's purple dress to be her signature look. :P Now I must do it some how, why must the fabric used be so unique!!!!! Even my Red Queen I found something that was close but the floral pattern they used on Ragina's has 3 different shades on black!!!
__________________

Costume-Con 32
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia


Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #202
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable
 
Quinn The Spazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,329
Dear God, Jefferson's outfit in this latest episode had me starry eyed and weeping simultaneously. It's so pretty but crikey, so many details! DX
__________________
Working on:
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #203
Arlette
Let it Go
 
Arlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Dear God, Jefferson's outfit in this latest episode had me starry eyed and weeping simultaneously. It's so pretty but crikey, so many details! DX
Haha, right. Not to mention that cocky Jefferson = love. I decided to go ahead and make that one for my hubby for our Katsucon group. I was planning on making Hook for him (and the outfits are similar in many ways) but now I DEFINITELY feel like flashback!Jefferson fits him better. Besides, he can keep with the theme of doing more of Jefferson's outfits!
__________________
"No one decides my fate but me."

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #204
Mehdia
The Corset Queen
 
Mehdia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Dear God, Jefferson's outfit in this latest episode had me starry eyed and weeping simultaneously. It's so pretty but crikey, so many details! DX
Dude, I feel ya! He looked so AWESOME in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
Haha, right. Not to mention that cocky Jefferson = love. I decided to go ahead and make that one for my hubby for our Katsucon group. I was planning on making Hook for him (and the outfits are similar in many ways) but now I DEFINITELY feel like flashback!Jefferson fits him better. Besides, he can keep with the theme of doing more of Jefferson's outfits!
I definitely agree that cocky Jefferson is so much better than whiny, woe-is-me Jefferson. He just had that Mad Hatter feel when he was being cocky.

And was it just me or did anyone else call that Dr. Whale was going to be, highlight here since this is a spoiler for those who missed last night --> Dr. Frankenstein? The second the episode began, who he was finally fell into place and I was practically yelling it at my TV saying I knew who he was. I had wondered about his character since last season and finally got some closure on who he was.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #205
Arlette
Let it Go
 
Arlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
And was it just me or did anyone else call that Dr. Whale was going to be, highlight here since this is a spoiler for those who missed last night --> ? The second the episode began, who he was finally fell into place and I was practically yelling it at my TV saying I knew who he was. I had wondered about his character since last season and finally got some closure on who he was.
Well, the eyecatch started out basically trying to give it away...but ABC really gave it away in the promo that played after last week's episode. I mean, even if you knew NOTHING about the show, they pretty much showed who he was and what the plot was about so anyone with half a brain could have put it together. I wasn't mad because I'd read a theory that made some very good points about his identity being what it is (and I'm sure the person who wrote that theory is very proud!) but I was disappointed that they would give it away after all this mystery and build up. Even David Anders was annoyed, lol. I SUPER LOVED the eyecatch, though, and that his land was in black & white. It gave me feels. Woo, Gothic Horror Land! XD

Oh, and I really want to see cosplay of him, but I'm afraid that people might think they're Dr. Horrible. ^_~ David Anders even said that he's often mistaken for NPH!
__________________
"No one decides my fate but me."

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #206
Mehdia
The Corset Queen
 
Mehdia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
Well, the eyecatch started out basically trying to give it away...but ABC really gave it away in the promo that played after last week's episode. I mean, even if you knew NOTHING about the show, they pretty much showed who he was and what the plot was about so anyone with half a brain could have put it together. I wasn't mad because I'd read a theory that made some very good points about his identity being what it is (and I'm sure the person who wrote that theory is very proud!) but I was disappointed that they would give it away after all this mystery and build up. Even David Anders was annoyed, lol. I SUPER LOVED the eyecatch, though, and that his land was in black & white. It gave me feels. Woo, Gothic Horror Land! XD

Oh, and I really want to see cosplay of him, but I'm afraid that people might think they're Dr. Horrible. ^_~ David Anders even said that he's often mistaken for NPH!
I didn't get to see the promo last week since I had to close at work and watched the episode online the next day. But yeah, the eyecatch started to totally give it away in an instant. I loved that they made him the character they did though because it made for a twisted character that could rival some of the other twisted stuff going on in the series. And it got us to have awesome Jefferson^^ But I did love how they did his land, so cool. I hope they do more with him since it was an intriguing idea.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #207
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion
 
TheFontBandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Dear God, Jefferson's outfit in this latest episode had me starry eyed and weeping simultaneously. It's so pretty but crikey, so many details! DX
Yes! I was visiting with family this weekend, so I watched the ep with my Mom and my Grandma. They kept laughing at me for ogling the outfits. :P As soon as Jefferson showed up, I actually blurted out, "that COAT!"

I'm also digging Regina's dressed-down look in this episode - her leather vest had some nice details.
__________________
My Cosplay Adventures on Tumblr

Dragon*Con 2013:
Joyleaf - Elfquest || Belial/Mad Hatter - Angel Sanctuary
Surprise Hulk Variant - Marvel Comics || Black Widow - Hawkeye #9 || Mary Jane Watson - J. Scott Campbell version
Maevaris Tilani - Dragon Age Comics || Sugar Rush Racer Sticky Wipplesnit - Wreck-It Ralph
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #208
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz
 
Moofingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post
Yes! I was visiting with family this weekend, so I watched the ep with my Mom and my Grandma. They kept laughing at me for ogling the outfits. :P As soon as Jefferson showed up, I actually blurted out, "that COAT!"

I'm also digging Regina's dressed-down look in this episode - her leather vest had some nice details.
I think Jefferson wins for most lusted after garment of the episode. I mean, regina's jerkin was excellent.... But that coat. I also admit to a brief moment of fangirling when hook, Jefferson and rumple were all on screen doing their evilish, sly thing.
__________________
Cosplay Plan of Attack:

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #209
Mehdia
The Corset Queen
 
Mehdia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
I also admit to a brief moment of fangirling when hook, Jefferson and rumple were all on screen doing their evilish, sly thing.
OMG yes! I love seeing them all be their evil selves. Something about that whole "evil is sexy" thing I think. Jefferson so totally needs to stay that way instead of the way he was when first introduced in the show. I like his confident, sly side so much more.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #210
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz
 
Moofingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 386
Red Cosplayers! We get an Red-centric episode next week. Ready the screen shot buttons, 'cause there's research to be done! Perhaps there are new outfits we can make?
'cause I haven't bought material for anything other than the cloak, so I am open for more awesome choices.

This episode, not really costume centric, though I'm happy Jorge Garcia was in it. You are not a bad giant...and I can't see Neal as anyone other than Rene from True Blood, which is creeping me out. And Hook. You sneaky, more than likely doublecrossing in the future pirate. You are....an extremely good looking man. Stop it.
__________________
Cosplay Plan of Attack:

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.