Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 119 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #256
Arlette
Let it Go

Everyone wants to make all these extravagant costumes...and I want to make Belle's prisoner dress. XD

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #257
Shivilow
Darth Shivilow

I'm too am glad to see a thread for this for I'm now jumping into doing a cosplay from this show which will be my first TV show cosplay. I'm doing the evil queens dress from the pilot episode because I know it will fit my skin tone plus I just love that dress. I'm also in January going to commission someone here on the forums to make the staff from heart of darkness malificants staff. Ooh I can't wait to don on this dress y'all.

Steampunk Azkadellia(still dreaming)

Winifred Sanderson(Hocus Pocus)

Snow Trooper

Next cons

Pensacon 2014,Momo Con, Dragoncon 2014

cosplays in progress

Bellatrix 100% DONE!!!!

Queen Regina from Snows wedding OUAT DONE!!!

Azkadeilla Black and pink outfit 90%

Steampunk Mob Boss In Progress
Bernadette Big Bang Theory 10%
Shivilow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #258
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Finally officially got stuff for Red! I have fabric for the outer part of her cloak and fabric to make her skirt. I would have gotten a picture but I left it all in my car since I'm going home in a couple days and it would make no sense to bring it up to my room. I'm debating whether I want to line my cloak or not. Maybe not to save money? I paid a LOT for the cloak+skirt fabric...

And one of my other friends wants to be Belle! So I have a group of Belle, Rumple, Snow, and of course me as Red. This is awesome. Although I need to make Rumple's jacket and Belle's whole outfit but that's okay. They're paying for the fabric. ;D

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #259
MedievalGirl

My next project will be Snow's riding outfit from Lady of the Lake.
http://www.papichuloradio.com/wp-con...8379621509.jpg

I didn't think it would be so difficult to find fabric. You'd think white cotton with a diamond design would be ubiquitous in decorator fabric. I ordered a sample of this which I think is close enough:
warehousefabricsinc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NINSTW&Store _Code=WFI&search=diamond&offset=180&filter_cat=&Po werSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=

(You'll need to cut and paste these links. Sorry.)

The sad think is that I have this urge to sew but we're moving. All of my sewing stuff is packed. I only started fabric hunting as stress relief. (Feeding baby "Emma" leaves me stuck on the sofa for a few hours a day.) Do I buy this now or risk
Finding something better later
The price going up
It being unavailable
Buying it and losing it in the move
MedievalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #260
aimee
it's a sparkly!

hey guys, are there any highres images of Belle's blue dress?

EDIT: Never mind I found! http://www.homeofthenutty.com/scifi/...bum=101&page=2

Last edited by aimee : 12-18-2012 at 04:19 PM.
aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #261
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

^Good find! That's going to help me a lot for my friend's Belle dress. ^_^

Is anyone here using Simplicity 5794 for Red's cloak? I'm so confused by the pattern. >_< I don't know why there's a cape front and a cape back part and why it is asking for each piece to be cut out twice. How is this supposed to be sewn together? 0_o

Quote:

Unread 12-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #262
ayaasan

Aimee, I love you forever! That site is going to come in extremely handy for my Bandit Snow costume!!~
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #263
MedievalGirl

Ha. I found it. The fabric for Snow's Riding doublet is Robert Allen Diamond Tuft. Once I had the name and searched on that I realized it had come up before many times. However it was so poorly photographed that I couldn't see the pattern. It comes in both white and natural and I guess the white would work better. There is even a local place that has it.

Touchmon - I've not used that pattern but I've made many cloaks. I think they have a cape front piece so that you end up with a seam you can leave open a little so hands can stick out. One of my cloaks when spread out flat is three fourths 3/4 of a circle. The cloak back is a half circle (the fabric is wide enough for this) and the two front pieces are each a 1/8 pie piece. You may be able to cut you back piece on a fold and have one less seam to sew.
MedievalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #264
StuckOnAsgard
You Were Made To Be Ruled

Finished most of the belle costume. And by that I mean my husband and I. We still have to put the brown trim on the bodice but I am very proud of myself. Yet the bodice tends to bunch up a lot...Need to find a way to fix that.

StuckOnAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #265
u2ecila

Very cute!!
Katniss wedding gown
18th century ballgown
Sleestaks
u2ecila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #266
Arlette
Let it Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOnAsgard View Post
Finished most of the belle costume. And by that I mean my husband and I. We still have to put the brown trim on the bodice but I am very proud of myself. Yet the bodice tends to bunch up a lot...Need to find a way to fix that.

Does the bodice have any boning in it? A light plastic boning (easy to get and inexpensive) would keep it from bunching up.

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #267
StuckOnAsgard
You Were Made To Be Ruled

It does in the front but not in the back. It's also very tight...Not at all what I wanted them to be.
StuckOnAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #268
booksandcorsets

I'm joining the craziness! Ever since this show started airing, I've been dying to make one of the costumes--they are all gorgeous. For a LONG time I wanted to try my hand at Red's cloak.... but when the Queen of Hearts dress showed up, that was it.

I purchased the fabric this past week and will be working on this for Katsucon--will any other OUaT costumers be there?
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #269
Arlette
Let it Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by booksandcorsets View Post
I'm joining the craziness! Ever since this show started airing, I've been dying to make one of the costumes--they are all gorgeous. For a LONG time I wanted to try my hand at Red's cloak.... but when the Queen of Hearts dress showed up, that was it.

I purchased the fabric this past week and will be working on this for Katsucon--will any other OUaT costumers be there?
Yes, there will be a group of us at Katsu! Saturday during the early afternoon, if you're interested! We want to get some photos at the pirate ship.

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #270
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Dang it. 0= I was thinking about attempting to go to Katsucon but it's not going to happen. >_< Oh well. Maybe next year.

Quote: