Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 119 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #46
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celiaskyleaf View Post
So do I. I love this show!!!

So might make something for Costume Con 32 as the theme is Myths, Monsters and Legends this might just work

Also is that Cinderpunk for AN a cyber or steampunk version of cinderella you are working one ???
Cc32 would an excellent venue for ouat costumes.

Nah, it's just an original design that didn't match the term steam punk so I dubbed it cinder punk instead. Having said that, steampunking Disney princesses? Hells yeah.

Ouat's side, did anyone else get a jellyfish vibe from the fairy godmothers dresses? Not in a bad way, but very oceanic nonetheless.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #47
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
Cc32 would an excellent venue for ouat costumes.

Nah, it's just an original design that didn't match the term steam punk so I dubbed it cinder punk instead. Having said that, steampunking Disney princesses? Hells yeah.

Ouat's side, did anyone else get a jellyfish vibe from the fairy godmothers dresses? Not in a bad way, but very oceanic nonetheless.
It does look like that, yet I've always thought it was because the producers wanted Lady Gaga in the role. And it does look like something she'd wear...

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Drackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #48
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

LOL, if these outfits are what "normal" people would be wearing, Lady Gaga's outfit would truly boggle the mind. She'd make an awesome guest star as great fairy or something.

I'm hoping the Red Handed episode next week will provide more insight on what is on the trimming of Red's hood. In the earlier episodes, all I could see was there was fuzzy purple stuff on the edges. Feathers? Feathers attached to red tapestry trimming?

Dear Creators of OUAT. Please make an artbook dedicated to the costumes.

Sincerely, One-Who-Does-Not-Need-More-Ideas.

All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Unread 03-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #49
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

I have been watching and enjoying the costumes in the show, too. I hope to see Sleeping Beauty's fairies at some point...not that I need more cosplay ideas at the moment.

@Moofingham: I think Red's cloak is trimmed with needle felting, but I could be wrong.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #50
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
I have been watching and enjoying the costumes in the show, too. I hope to see Sleeping Beauty's fairies at some point...not that I need more cosplay ideas at the moment.

@Moofingham: I think Red's cloak is trimmed with needle felting, but I could be wrong.
Flora, Fauna and Merryweather <3
Oh, great. Now I need to see that movie again.
Oh, god. Ideas. NO. BAD BRAIN. BAD. Go back to your respective hemispheres!
*ahem*

After just googling needle felting, I think you might be right, or at least it's a pretty good guess. Hmm. Not a skill in my ciriculum vitae. (why am I typing like I mean to make this?) Perhaps this week's episode will have other variations of her cloak. (Seriously, I should not be worrying about this.) Otherwise, we're going to have to get creative. (Someone distract me with something shiny.)

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #51
KGaleway

Red has a couple different cloaks throughout the series, the one that appears pre-Red Handed has embroidered floral trim I believe, whereas the one she wears in Red Handed seems more like an embossed velvet or some kind of heat pressed fabric. One of my teachers is an independant contractor on the show and mentioned something about the material of Red's cloak a while back, I'll ask her again if anyone wants clarification.
KGaleway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #52
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGaleway View Post
Red has a couple different cloaks throughout the series, the one that appears pre-Red Handed has embroidered floral trim I believe, whereas the one she wears in Red Handed seems more like an embossed velvet or some kind of heat pressed fabric. One of my teachers is an independant contractor on the show and mentioned something about the material of Red's cloak a while back, I'll ask her again if anyone wants clarification.
The Red Handed one does look velvety, though I swear I have seen the same patterns in the drapery sections of fabric land, in a different colour mind you. (though, I wasn't looking for red at the time.) if you have the opportunity to ask her (and she doesn't mind divulging the secrets) I'd love to know.

Would also like to point out snow's outfit was also awesome in that last episode, and I swear I saw fabric just like it on queen St, on the weekend. This show threatens my self-control.

Unread 03-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #53
Kat11120
Queen of the Stars

I'm planing to cosplay on-the-run Snow White! She is so awesome!!

Is anyone on here going to Cos & Effect 2012?

.::ABC's Once Upon A Time Fan::.
Kat11120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #54
redsheep

So Snow's outfit while she's all bitter in the dwarves' house is awesome. And she finally gets to be girly.

I have to cosplay it, but it's there for so short of time that reference photos may be hard to find.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #55
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

So that red riding hood outfit I said wasn't going to make? Somehow I ended up with patterns for the cloak and bodice. At least I can't start making it anytime soon, since I don't have the time or funds. But I can feel them there...watching..waiting....though until I find the perfect fabric it won't matter either way.

And despite the fact that the evil queen was in 1x16 for like, two seconds, that was a fantastic riding habit.

Unread 03-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #56
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

The queen of hearts with the mad hatter this past episode put a simile on my face because of that big head/hair/hat. It has the Tim Burton feel to the costumes.

But the queens hair is dark brown you can see at that top.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 04-08-2012 at 05:46 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #57
fandalia
mermaid at heart

i've been thinking about making a cosplay of the siren when she uses the illusion to look like snow white.
fandalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #58
ayaasan

Hello!~ I'm currently working on Cinderella, and I was wondering if anyone knew the specific name for the type of necklace she wears with her gown?

http://tinypic.com/r/348kdhh/5

I'd like to start researching, but I'm not sure if it's a bib necklace, choker, etc.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #59
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I've heard it refereed to as a chandelier necklace in the same regard as chandelier ear rings in that style.

Your more then likely need to crest it from scratch with bead you find and the center piece you need to make. Etsy and my local fashion district in a major city is were to find ornate finding.
This is also a good place to find vintage finding.
http://www.jansjewels.com/

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 04-08-2012 at 12:17 AM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #60
ayaasan

Thank-you so much I've never made jewelry from scratch other than some simple earrings, but there's no time to learn like the present!~ This should be fun! *off to research*

I can hardly wait for all of the organza to arrive so that I can get started with the bead-work and bedazzling. I even found the perfect flowers in the $1 sale section at Michaels, go figure
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote