Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #76
Loganallenwolf
SCF Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poki_Toshi View Post
Is it too late to join? I have a Jean Grey (Phoenix) cosplay I'm bringing.
Not too late! Welcome and glad to have you!
Loganallenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #77
Loganallenwolf
SCF Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Count View Post
Oh hey Allen. Could I bring a gender-bent Green Goblin to DC gathering?
By all means! Welcome!
Unread 07-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #78
Loganallenwolf
SCF Founder

Does anyone know of any Beast (X-Men) costumers coming to the Marvel shoot? If so, please send them my way Thanks!
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #79
godmi

Hello! I'm bringing Stephanie Brown-Batgirl! :] Can't wait to participate in my first photoshoot EVER.
godmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #80
Shastar
Your Hero and Icon!

I will be bringing Blue Lantern (Custom design), My girlfriend will be Green Lantern, and my friend Tracy will be a Red Lantern (All custom designs.)
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #81
descendingmuse

Hi, I plan to bring either a Steampunk Rogue or Gender Bend Lolita Captain America for the Marvel SubGroups shoots since both are non canon. Is there currently anyone doing somethign similiar for these or should I choose Rogue and go with the X-men group? It will be my first time participating in one of these and am excited
descendingmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #82
Loganallenwolf
SCF Founder

It appears we are going to have a plethora of gender-bent and steampunk costumes. My advice: wear what makes you happy
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #83
Chasemycat

Hi there!! I will still be there on Saturday as Young Justice's Artemis, but I will also be joining the Marvel group on Sunday as Fem!Loki. My friend might also be there as a female Tony Stark
Chasemycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #84
snapdragon
Addicted to Heroines

I'll be there in my Young Avengers Hawkeye with my brother as Avengers movie Hawkeye. I'd love to see a Young Avengers group happen... Please please please?
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #85
Loganallenwolf
SCF Founder

Snapdragon: If we have enough YA show up to the shoot, then I'll see what I can do. Right now we don't have many signed up, but then again over half the people who show up never sign up anywhere online. If we have enough and you can sort of help get all the YA costumers together prior to us starting and remind me, I'll do my best to set you up in a location and a photographer.

Chasemycat: We will have a YJ subgroup. I've got an entire group coming I know of already.
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #86
snapdragon
Addicted to Heroines

Sure thing, I'll do my best. Even if it's just me and Hulkling and Wiccan, that would be pretty cool.
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #87
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

So I'm not 100% sure I can attend Dragon Con yet- damn law school- but if I do, I want to wear the Thor lolita costume I just made to the photoshoot. Is that allowed? There are so many rules for the gathering/photoshoot that I'm not sure.
And another question I have, after seeing one of the posts on this page- do we have to sign up or something ahead of time to be a part of this, or do we just come to the photoshoot at the designated time like we would at any other convention?...

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #88
Loganallenwolf
SCF Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
So I'm not 100% sure I can attend Dragon Con yet- damn law school- but if I do, I want to wear the Thor lolita costume I just made to the photoshoot. Is that allowed? There are so many rules for the gathering/photoshoot that I'm not sure.
And another question I have, after seeing one of the posts on this page- do we have to sign up or something ahead of time to be a part of this, or do we just come to the photoshoot at the designated time like we would at any other convention?...

Yes, your Thor Lolita is allowed. (The only costumes not allowed are store-bought Rubies, Halloween Express, Legs Ave, etc. costumes.)

You would be with the Thor sub-group from 4:00-4:45, and since this is a custom fan-made creation of yours, you would simply be with the non-canon group when we split up into 2 large groups from 4:45-5:30.

Finally, I'd really prefer that everyone sign up online; it makes it a LOT easier for me to plan step assignments and photographer/director assignments ahead of time. However, everyone is welcome - whether they sign up ahead of time or not.
Unread 08-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #89
Loganallenwolf
SCF Founder

1st post has been updated with the Subgroup Step Assignments - many thanks to Joy for the incredible posters we're going to have this year!

Allen
Unread 08-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #90
JGal

Hi Allen,

I'd like to sign up for She-Hulk if there is still time.
JGal is offline   Reply With Quote