Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
fiona_951

Simple Final Fantasy cosplay?

So, I'm going to Distant Worlds in London on Saturday! =D And basically, I wasn't going to cosplay so didn't plan anything but now a friend is sort of, semi-cosplaying as Genesis... So I figured i'd like to dress up a little.

The only things I can thing of so far are possibly a gijinka Chocobo or Moogle? But Has anyone got any suggestions on other fairly simple costumes that I can get together in one day? Haha

Hope to hear some good suggestions =D
fiona_951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
Reinna

As far as Final Fantasy goes, Rinoa and Selphie both have relatively simple costumes.
Reinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Piobaireachd

There are also the White Mage designs from Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Final Fantasy Tactics A2. They variy a little bit from game to game, but are basically oversized tunics with red triangles on the edges, sometimes with a red sash or cape (:

Last edited by Piobaireachd : 11-03-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Piobaireachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #4
Cosplay_Rose
Gold Rose Cosplay

I think a Moogle or Chocobo gijinka would be easiest, since you can more or less do what you want and don't have to find or make very specific pieces.

Otherwise, White Mage or Black Mage from Final Fantasy 1 are pretty simple, just wizards robes (and a hat for Black Mage).

Program Director at Kin-Yoobi Con
Cosplay_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
Trinitykeyblade

I managed making a songstress outfit in one and a half days from old stuff, tho maybe more work than what you want, so an easy cosplay can be put together from unusual stuff you already have- if you happen to have lotsa sparkly things, some flowy fabric and a few basic pieces of clothing you can make up your own interpretation of an amano FF character? they're pretty open to interpretation most of the time, so that's one to have fun with... Amano's princess Sara, Celes, Lenne are all easy if you have either a dress or top similar to one of them...I say that cos A friend happened to have a dress similar to Amano Sara's, so some pretty bracelets in her hair for a crown, more on her arms and a necklace sealed the deal. therwise Reinna is right- Selphie and Rinoa are easy, Tifa too if you have the skirt, top and suspenders, as well as any Turks from FFVII if you have a suit :P
BTW since you're mentioning Moogles and Chocobo's, don't forget Tonberries! A brown hoodie cloak thing, greenmask/green face paint with big yellow eyes and lantern would look cute too... so yeah, hunt for what you already have at hand first enjoy the concert!
Trinitykeyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Cyrennia
In ur FF, casting Protect

Have fun! I went to Distant Worlds last year and LOVED it! For reference, there were about four cosplayers in full costume - three Yunas and one Cid. I saw a girl with Mithra ears, a chocobo hat, a moogle hat, and someone had a white mage scarf. I wore my Yuna earring and made my hubby wear Squall's Griever necklace.

That was what the turnout was like at ours. Hope you can pull something fun together in time!
Sunday: Princess Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron)
--
Author of INK, YA series set in Japan: www.AmandaSunBooks.com
Cyrennia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
arijahn
More red fabric!

I don't know how fancy the place the concert is being held is, maybe Tifa or Aerith's Wallmarket dresses?
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
Drakhlina
Danya-chan

Tifa from 7 is pretty easy. You would need a white tanktop, a black (preferably pleather or similar) miniskirk, black suspenders, and red sneakers. To make it better you should have some sort of gloves w/out fingers. Then you need long black hair tied together at the end, if your hair color is too light, you can spray dye it which is cheaper and simpler than buying a wig, albeit usually not a nice looking. Here's a reference pic http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1...tifa_large.jpg
Drakhlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #9
sleeplessknight

Luneth from Final Fantasy III is fairly simple. Most of mine came from goodwill.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...237AM.png?o=85
sleeplessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
MetalArtisan

Having just finished mine, black belt from FF1 is super-duper simple.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #11
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Zell from FF8 is pretty easy

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote