Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 01-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Lore Cosplay

Redstar Cosplay Snk Jacket Review

With the popularity of Attack on Titan, there are many products available from the series available online, such as the Scouting Legion jackets. It can be hard to figure out which products will be good quality, accurate to the show, and good fits--especially when looking at the cheaper options. The best option that has all of these qualities and more is Redstar Cosplayís Attack on Titan jacket!

Redstar Cosplay has the jacket available on their eBay and Etsy store. I decided to go with their eBay store because it is a little cheaper and has free shipping. The free shipping was from China, so I was concerned it would take a long time to arrive. But to my surprise it arrived within eight business days.

Considering the cheaper price, I am impressed with the good quality of this jacketís fabric. The fabric does not look cheap, and the color is accurate to the show. The jacketís material is thick enough to hold its shape, but is a breathable material that can be comfortably worn daily and at conventions. The jacket also has a liner on the inside, which is a nice touch.

At this price, the patches are usually screen printed. In the show the patches are embroidered, so screen printed designs are inaccurate. Fortunately this jacket has patches embroidered on the upper arms, the left chest, and the back. In addition to being embroidered, the patches are high quality and placed perfectly on the jacket. They are also the accurate to the colors and design from the show.

I was also impressed with the buttons and the pocket details on the jacket. There are silver buttons on each shoulder decorated with ornate military designs. Additionally, the two pockets on the jacket actually open, and they have a nice silver snap closure.

The biggest thing I was impressed with was the fit of the jacket. The jacket fits exactly like it does on the Scouting Legion in the show. I was surprised that the sizing was true to the storeís sizing chart. Asian sizes are different, but they claimed an Asian extra large would be an American medium. Typically, I wear a medium jacket size in America, so I went with the Asian extra large and it is perfect!

My only complaint about the jacket is that the back patch was not attached securely, so I may have to reattach it with fabric glue in the future. But I canít complain too much, because most jackets for this price have the back patch screen printed.

I highly recommend this to anyone who is in the market for an Attack on Titan jacket in the $40-50 price range. The jacket is made of a high quality material and has impressive details, such as the embroidered patches, button details on the shoulders, and functional pockets. It fits true to size, which relieves the stress of purchasing it online. When I put on this jacket, I feel like I could go out and fight Titans, and thatís how youíll feel too if you buy this awesome jacket!
Lore Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
IlNeige

Hi there. I was having a look at Redstar's Ebay store and noticed they have two different listings for the jacket at different prices, one being the "embroidery jacket," the other being the "top jacket." Do you remember which one you bought and for what price?

Thanks in advance!
IlNeige is offline   Reply With Quote