Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 06-09-2016, 01:22 AM   #1
Emmy6824

Scammed in marketplace Who do I contact

Hey,
So I had a plush doll commissioned about 2 months ago of Gulliver from Eureka Seven. The user seemed really nice and had a whole album of everything they worked on so I decided to pay them to work on my plush.
I gave them $60 in total to make the plush because that's what we agreed upon. They were supposed to sent me pictures of the progress as well. I sent the money via paypal and they didn't complain about it.
I never received any messages and I kept messaging them over and over. When they contacted me it was always really short and they always had an excuse as to why they couldn't sent photos like they weren't home or away. I decided to open up a claim on paypal saying they weren't contacting me very much at all and refused to send me any updates.
They started contacting me a lot more and even send a photo of the plush they made- which was only one photo of an unfinished plush doll. They said they were adding the stuffing that week and were shipping it out. So, I removed the claim thinking it seemed legit enough.

Finally, they contacted me asking for one more payment of $30 for shipping from the Philippines. They told me in the beginning it was 60 so I was a bit confused. They kept sending me messages saying I couldn't sent it through paypal because it would take too long for them to get it out so they wanted it from Western Union. I sent it through paypal in the end because I couldn't figure out how Western Union worked.
Then they stopped contacting me all together and have been really vague about if they sent it or not. The package was supposed to arrive last Saturday..it's literally a week and a half late. They never provided me with any Tracking number or any other information on this plush doll. I strongly believe this was a scam and they will not be contacting me again. I just want to shut down their account so no one else will get scammed.
Emmy6824 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2016, 01:42 AM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sorry, but resolving the problem is almost solely between you and the other party and your bank/paypal. Coscom usually refuses to get involved beyond anything more than banning a user from posting more ads, and that's only in extreme cases, not when it happens to just one or two people. As per this post below, and I quote,
Quote:
It is up to you to research who you are working with, especially when it comes to commissions. We do NOT get involved with any personal disputes. Recently we have had the pleasure of the same 5-10 users nailing our PM inboxes with so much he said/she said crap to the point of it becoming absolutely ridiculous. Unless you are complaining about a direct violation of our overall site rules, your PM will be IGNORED.
. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=330289

The most that can be done with this site is checking out the comissioner review forum, there's a lot of users on there that have dealt with resolving problems/scams/etc. and may be able to help you figure out what to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Like Shinobi said, this is all between you, your commissioner, and your bank/PayPal.
Checking the Commissioner Review Thread is absolutely NECESSARY before you even start thinking about commissioning someone not only from this site but any commissioner you have plans to work with.

Have you already contacted your bank about this and raised a dispute through PayPal? Don't wait too much longer or it will be too late for you to do much of anything!

Their account won't be shut down just because they scammed you so you may as well let that dream be crushed here and now, there are plenty of other people that scammed their commissionees here on cosplay.com and their accounts are very alive unless they just left because of backlash. Make sure that you write an entire review for this person including their cosplay.com screen name, Facebook page links(if they have one), and other information that you can provide so that others know to avoid them.

-Rococo Princess - Sakizou

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):
-Classic Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon R
-Rainbow Quartz - Steven Universe

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2016:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Animazement - 2016

Last edited by Milky Bubbles : 06-10-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote