Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #16
moonflower.

Yeah. I'm so glad I budgeted and bought the actual dress. it's so amazing and the fabric is TOTALLY different than I thought it was and basically impossible to recreate.

Are you doing regina or fairytale version?
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #17
adistantshadow

I wasn't going to do a cosplay from Once Upon a Time, but the more I watch the show, the more I really want to do an Emma costume. It just sucks since her outfit isn't really a costume and I'm not sure if many people will get it unless I'm in a group. So I'm still debating on it.

Now that we know Belle is going to be an ep, I do plan to eventually do one of her outfits and at least that will be more of a costume then regular clothing.

Twitter

Dragon*Con Costumes

Rose Tyler (season four, Army of Ghost/Doomsday, season one hoodie), Gwen Cooper (COE, Countrycide), Rosalie Hale, Sookie Stackhouse and Amy Pond
adistantshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #18
sunnydale_pet

Nice! Emma is an excellent character! I am also going to do a Belle cosplay - that has been moved ahead of the Snow dress in my queue. Will do both if possible, so that I can get a shot with the lovely Rogue Snow/Mary M. :0)
sunnydale_pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #19
Eldanildiel

Excited to see both Emma and Belle! I particularly love the look of the Belle dress, so I'm looking forward to seeing your finished look!

@Moonflower
I definitely want to do one of the Evil Queen's fairytale looks. The outfits and hairstyles we've seen so far are so incredible it's hard to choose!
Eldanildiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #20
sunnydale_pet

Agreed! Any of the Queen's looks would be fantastic!
Unread 12-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #21
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

I'm the MMB of Eldanildiel's possible group! *waves* After the latest episode, I'm really falling in love with the character of Jiminy/Dr Hopper and am thinking of changing our Rumple cosplay to him. Is anyone doing a Jiminy yet?

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #22
sunnydale_pet

I haven't heard of anyone doing a Jiminy-that would be a terrific character to be!
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #23
Eldanildiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ros1908 View Post
I'm the MMB of Eldanildiel's possible group! *waves* After the latest episode, I'm really falling in love with the character of Jiminy/Dr Hopper and am thinking of changing our Rumple cosplay to him. Is anyone doing a Jiminy yet?
LOL! I so knew you were thinking about this on Friday! If he does Jiminy, he absolutely HAS to have the umbrella sling! (Also the adorable fairytale-land hat...)
Unread 12-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #24
moonflower.

Quote:

Yay i'll have a twin! Which outfit are you doing? I apparently am getting her jacket from a future episode for christmas, so I'm trying to find the pieces to that outfit too. though that one might be too hot for D*C. We'll see.

And I think our group just expanded and added a Archie Hopper! We're technically doing two groups that are combined into one, just because if some of us start to overheat in our Fairy tale costumes, we can still do our Storybrooke ones with teh group, so we're avoiding duplicates in my group. So far we have (just listing them by their fairytale version unless they don't have one or the person hasn't decided if they are doing both): Snow White, Emma Swan, Cinderella, Evil Queen, Rumpelstiltskin, Maleficent, Belle, Prince Charming, Ruby, Sheriff Graham, and Archie. and we have a few more of my friends that are still deciding on their characters.
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #25
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldanildiel View Post
LOL! I so knew you were thinking about this on Friday! If he does Jiminy, he absolutely HAS to have the umbrella sling! (Also the adorable fairytale-land hat...)
You can tell when my cogs are turning. Definitely umbrella sling and adorbs hat! PLUS I already have gold spectacles!

@Moonflower - I haven't decided on a specific MMB outfit yet, but unless we see a new Snow White outfit that isn't leather and fur or a huge ballgown, I'll definitely be doing something cardigany. Although I guess I could always be pregnant in a nightgown. XD Re: Jiminy, I figured it would be hard not to duplicate characters, esp once we get closer to con. It'll be cool to see everyone's different take on people.

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #26
moonflower.

Quote:
You can tell when my cogs are turning. Definitely umbrella sling and adorbs hat! PLUS I already have gold spectacles!

@Moonflower - I haven't decided on a specific MMB outfit yet, but unless we see a new Snow White outfit that isn't leather and fur or a huge ballgown, I'll definitely be doing something cardigany. Although I guess I could always be pregnant in a nightgown. XD Re: Jiminy, I figured it would be hard not to duplicate characters, esp once we get closer to con. It'll be cool to see everyone's different take on people.
Well, she has a new one next episode that I want, and she has a mourning gown soon too. But cardigany is a good way to go!

and I didn't mean at the con or for this meetup. duplicates are fun there. I'm talking about the group I got together out of my friends. We've just learned to not do duplicates in our group because last time ended up in a fallout and a few people stopped being friends.
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #27
Eldanildiel

Quote:
I'm already getting ridiculously excited to see this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
Well, she has a new one next episode that I want, and she has a mourning gown soon too. But cardigany is a good way to go!
I'm seriously at the point where I want MMB's entire wardrobe just to wear every day. She has the cutest outfits! If you can point me to the specific brand she wears for anything I would be eternally grateful! I'm already a smidge jealous of that adorable dress you found!

I'm really torn right now between the first outfit you see the Evil Queen in and this one (terrible pic, I know, but it's the only one I could find):

I think the first outfit would be easier to pull off and more iconic, but I'm just in love with the collar on this one.
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #28
Eldanildiel

Quote:
Seriously cannot wait to see how this turns out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
I'm seriously ready to go steal MMB's entire wardrobe just to wear every day. She has such cute outfits! If you could point me toward any of the brands for her wardrobe, I'd be eternally grateful! I'm already just a smidge jealous of the screen accurate dress you've got for your costume.

I'm really torn right now between the first costume you see the Evil Queen in and this one (Sorry for the terrible picture. It's the only one I could find.):

I think the first outfit would be easier to execute and more iconic, but I'm just in love with the collar on this one.
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #29
sunnydale_pet

That is a truly fabulous collar...
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #30
moonflower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldanildiel View Post
Seriously cannot wait to see how this turns out!

I'm seriously ready to go steal MMB's entire wardrobe just to wear every day. She has such cute outfits! If you could point me toward any of the brands for her wardrobe, I'd be eternally grateful! I'm already just a smidge jealous of the screen accurate dress you've got for your costume.

I'm really torn right now between the first costume you see the Evil Queen in and this one (Sorry for the terrible picture. It's the only one I could find.):

I think the first outfit would be easier to execute and more iconic, but I'm just in love with the collar on this one.
Her dress that i got is anthropologie, and her blouse from the first episode has been IDed. I am blanking on the name off the top of my head but I think it's like club monaco or something. And her jacket from a future episode is topshop. I haven't been able to ID anything else though.

Evil queen dress pictures: http://www.ginnygoodwin.com/images/a...07x002x007.jpg
http://www.ginnygoodwin.com/images/a...07x002x005.jpg