Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #61
Houki

I need your help! I am making the Blind Witch from the True North Eps and I have no idea what the fabris or how it lays on the character. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Heather Dean *Silent Hill 3* 90%[/color]

**Con Line up**
Katsucon '11
Dragoncon '11
Houki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #62
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Okay, I'm really late to this party, but I just started watching the show (hooray for Hulu!) and I can't stop! Pretty much been watching marathon-style since last night. I love it, and the costumes are fabulous! I don't know if I'd be able to add another costume to the roster at this point, but I'm going to subscribe to this thread just in case. I'm excited to see everyone's costumes!
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #63
Rayvah

Just found this thread! Glad to see there will be some OUAT cosplayers to meet up with. I'm planning to make a Belle costume, from what I've seen so far.
Rayvah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #64
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

I swear I have the most awful taste sometimes... I just watched "Dreamy" and I really want to try making Nova's gaudy pink fairy dress. If I can get all my other costumes done, I might try my hand at it. I have this bizarre fascination with the hilariously tacky.
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #65
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

You would make a great Nova, Font! And you're right, her dress is really hideous, but in such an awesome. fun way!

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #66
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Okay, now that I'm all caught up on the show, I went through and really read the thread (I kind of skimmed earlier to avoid possible spoilers). I'm so excited to see everyone's costume progress! I'm practically swooning over here... the costumes on this show are so amazing! I'm psyched that we'll have at least one Rumpel... He's a phenomenal character, and Robert Carlyle does such an amazing job. The Skin Deep outfit was gorgeous - I can't wait to see it! And yes, Rumpel surrounded by Belles is a photo-op must!

Moonflower, thanks for posting the IDed MMB pieces! I might see if I can snag a few of those for myself just for daily wear... they're so adorable!

Ros, I'm really glad you're doing Snow White/MMB... you and Gennifer Goodwin look so much like each other!

Eldanildiel, did you decide which outfit to do? The Queen has so many amazing outfits, it would be really hard to choose... >_<

Houki, I can't remember for sure, but I seem to recall that scene being kind of dark. You could probably get away with a few different fabrics. I'll check it out and let you know if I have any ideas though.

I really need to start booking it on my costumes for this year. I've promised myself I can do Nova if I finish up all my other costumes in time, but I'm getting married in 2 weeks so I doubt I'll be doing much costuming until then. But after the wedding... costumes ahoy!

Last edited by TheFontBandit : 04-20-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #67
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Houki: I uploaded some screencaps of the Blind Witch here:
http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/z...anditBJD/ouat/

They were pretty dark, so I lightened them up in Photoshop. It looks like her robe is made of a sheer material with an embroidered pattern (leaves, maybe?). Her bodice seems to be a glittery/shimmery purple material (lame, perhaps) with the same sheer/leaf fabric overlaid on top. Her skirt... I'm not sure what that is. It looks tattered and fringe-y, though.
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #68
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Trying to settle on material for Jiminy's vest. I'll need about 3 yards of it, which already ruined one of my choices since the lady only has 2 yards available. The others I'd like to get people's opinion on.

Picture of vest is here (thanks, Font!): http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/z...oice_HD5.jp g

Fabric 1: http://www.ebay.com/itm/270947726681...ht_3692wt_1037

It's upholstery fabric, so it might be a bit thick. However it looks like it has the nice texture that I'm looking for.

Fabric 2: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140740693482...ht_2996wt_1270

100% cotton, so the care and sewing will be easy. But I'm worried the flat print just won't have the same effect as the upholstery.

Thoughts?

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #69
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

I'd go with the upholstery... it's more of a hassle to work with and to care for, but I think it'd look really nice and be worth it in the end. Then again, we know I'm a sucker for textured fabric, so I might be a wee bit biased.

(Another note - I've sorted the screencaps into sub-albums by episode for easier reference, but I left a copy of the Jiminy pic in the same spot so your link isn't broken. )
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #70
u2ecila

Smile Fabric and screen shots

I like the upholstery one too!

Font - by any chance do you have screen shots of Snow's lilac ball gown from Cinderella's wedding? I am trying to figure out how to do the embellishments, but I can't find a clear image.

Alice
Katniss wedding gown
18th century ballgown
Sleestaks
u2ecila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #71
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

I don't have any yet but it shouldn't be hard to snag some. I'll upload some for you. That dress is gorgeous! <3
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #72
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Added what I could grab of the lilac ballgown. Since she's moving a lot in that scene, it seems like Hulu did some crazy compression on that part of the video. Most of the caps are kind of blurred, but I tried to grab the best ones I could find.

http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/z...x04_PriceGold/

Last edited by TheFontBandit : 04-23-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #73
u2ecila

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post
Added what I could grab of the lilac ballgown. Since she's moving a lot in that scene, it seems like Hulu did some crazy compression on that part of the video. Most of the caps are kind of blurred, but I tried to grab the best ones I could find.

http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/z...x04_PriceGold/
Those are great! Thank you Font - you rock!
Katniss wedding gown
18th century ballgown
Sleestaks
u2ecila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #74
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Yay! I'm glad I could help, even if it's just a little. If I can find/get any better images, I'll upload them into the same folder.
Unread 05-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #75
PeregrinTook310

I'm fairly definite on the Hansel and Gretel Evil Queen gown/capelet! My bf is debating on either being Sheriff Graham or Mad Hatter. We'll see!
PeregrinTook310 is offline   Reply With Quote