Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #166
OldestAngel

...I feel bad for mentioning more things that I'm doing, but I'll be a part of the skit contest (usually Saturday late morning), and the Tiger & Bunny Photoshoot from 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. (possibly later if we decide to get bar photos).

...>.>; I think I've got a lot happening. I'll talk with the karaoke coordinator and see if I can get a specific time for the schedule.
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #167
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Perhaps it would be best to plan on most likely holding our meet on early Friday, then. xD; It seems like any time after that would get a bit hectic.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #168
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
Start Time:

11:30:00PM - Saturday 07 April 2012
I'll try to drop in, but I'm used to going to sleep really early, so staying awake past like, 10PM is a challenge for me. xD;

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
...I feel bad for mentioning more things that I'm doing, but I'll be a part of the skit contest (usually Saturday late morning), and the Tiger & Bunny Photoshoot from 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. (possibly later if we decide to get bar photos).

...>.>; I think I've got a lot happening. I'll talk with the karaoke coordinator and see if I can get a specific time for the schedule.
Psh, no problem. I was planning on trying to avoid overlapping with the Skit Contest since it's one of the con's major events.

And noted for the Tiger+Bunny Photoshoot. o: Shouldn't be a problem, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Perhaps it would be best to plan on most likely holding our meet on early Friday, then. xD; It seems like any time after that would get a bit hectic.
Even without seeing the schedule, it's sounding like it. o: Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Might as well get it out of the way early so people can get on with their con, so to speak. Also, it will give people who are looking to meet new people and make con friends to hang out with a head start.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #169
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Psh, no problem. I was planning on trying to avoid overlapping with the Skit Contest since it's one of the con's major events.

And noted for the Tiger+Bunny Photoshoot. o: Shouldn't be a problem, though.
Thanks!

I'm really looking forward to con at this point~
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #170
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
is what im going for as well. it personall like it to be early friday. since the ff shoot is all im actually looking forward to, as long as i make it there, i dont care when this happens lol

also kuroki-neko, after the panels over..try not to wake me lol but if im too excited to sleep, i will stay there to hang out, it seems fun. and a good way to make new friends.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #171
Clyde_2.0
Wakka Wakka Wakka...

This looks really awesome! I'd love to join! I disappear for a few months and all the really cool stuff gets planned...

Just skimmed through the thread and I have a few questions. Is there an actual confirmed date/time? The meetup place is the 1st floor, right? And, are we gonna commandeer a couple tables in the mall's foodcourt just for us? 'Cause that sounds fun.

One more thing, If we are meeting on friday, I like the 11ish plan best. There's a photoshoot I'd like to attend at 2.
Unread 02-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #172
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
Thanks!

I'm really looking forward to con at this point~
No problem. I so am too. : D

Which is not to say that I've done a whole lot of actual work on my cosplays. .-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
is what im going for as well. it personall like it to be early friday. since the ff shoot is all im actually looking forward to, as long as i make it there, i dont care when this happens lol
If Opening Ceremonies is still being held from 10AM to 11AM like it has for the past 4 years, that would be good. o: It they move it a little later in the day like it was before, we might run into schedule problems with that.

Or if they decide to put something else major like the AMV contest so early in the day again like last year. .-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde_2.0 View Post
This looks really awesome! I'd love to join! I disappear for a few months and all the really cool stuff gets planned...

Just skimmed through the thread and I have a few questions. Is there an actual confirmed date/time? The meetup place is the 1st floor, right? And, are we gonna commandeer a couple tables in the mall's foodcourt just for us? 'Cause that sounds fun.

One more thing, If we are meeting on friday, I like the 11ish plan best. There's a photoshoot I'd like to attend at 2.
It's going to be SO awesome, you should come! : D

We don't have a confirmed time/date yet. We're waiting for the schedule to be released so that we can try to avoid the con's major events as well as at least the majority of the smaller events people trying to make the meet really want to go to.

Yes, meetup is going to be on the 1st floor, in that sort of lobby area where you enter, behind the Subway and crepe place. I took some pictures of the area to post up a couple days ago, but I need to dig out my camera and actually upload the pictures. xD;

And yeah, we're going to try for Westlake mall and its foodcourt. xD It might be busy at the mall, but eh, we'll wing it. Depends on how many people end up coming. I wasn't expecting more than maybe 15 people tops, but who knows. Alternatively, if the weather is gross and it's raining/seriously probably going to rain, we're going to get food from one of the fast food places inside the convention center itself and find some place to sit down inside the convention center to chat and eat. The inside eating location will probably be on the 4th floor, in that area past where The Wired used to be, at the top of the escalators (not the main escalators, but the other ones that kind of go off to the side) because there's usually a lot of space for people to sprawl out there.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #173
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
No problem. I so am too. : D

Which is not to say that I've done a whole lot of actual work on my cosplays. .-.
xDDD; Yeah... >.>; Same here...
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #174
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So guys! I finally stopped being so lazy and uploaded the pictures I took last week of the area I hope to meet you guys at for lunch~. : D

On the floorplan, it's the space on the first floor (the first page) on the upper left of the page, between the Office Tower and the three Entrances leading to Pike Street.

If you were to come from the outside of the Convention Center, these are the Entrance doors you would come through.
Those doors lead to this space. It's nice and open and generally doesn't have standing crowds of people.
If you were coming from inside the convention center, it would be at the bottom of these stairs, and looks like this.

Hope this is helpful to those of you who have never been to the convention center before (or have been but had no idea where I was talking about before.)
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #175
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

well its a good thing i know that area. i was in seattle in that area a few weeks back, and decided to walk over there, so since its directly inside the main doors, its easy as cra to find lol if you get lost finding the area and its RIGHT inside the doors, theres a problem lol

thanks for the pics though anyway lol also, the area map thing wouldnt open. it made me save it to my pictures, then it wouldnt do anything other then say windows cannot open this file when i tried to open it. so i dont know how well others will be able to see it
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #176
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Yeah, it's pretty much inside the main doors.

And that floorplan map isn't my file. It's a direct link from the WSCC's website. It opens up as a normal PDF for me. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #177
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

hm.. O well lol if i'm the only one that can't see it then that its good since I already know where to go
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #178
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

hmm i don't think there is a fma shoot, if my gfs cosplay gets here in time id love to get some photos of us together in cosplay... but on this topic: it really depends on what the schedule is and what time i wake up on friday...oh yea i can get my badge on thrusday... hmmm
Unread 03-03-2012, 01:58 AM   #179
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Kuroki, i may have a camera with me, im gonna try anyway..depends on if my moms cam is woring correctly..i know her last one had problems..im not sure if she got a new one..but that goes for anyone attending this meet up too, if you like getting your pic taken ill take some provided i get the camera..either way, ill at least have my phones camera, which takes AWESOME pictures..
Unread 03-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #180
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Kuroki, i may have a camera with me, im gonna try anyway..depends on if my moms cam is woring correctly..i know her last one had problems..im not sure if she got a new one..but that goes for anyone attending this meet up too, if you like getting your pic taken ill take some provided i get the camera..either way, ill at least have my phones camera, which takes AWESOME pictures..
yea same with me,id just need someone to use my camera to take pics of me with my gf in cosplay. and my camera is "semi-automtic" as it takes time before it can take another picture.