Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Unread 12-08-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
Inuyasha356

Inuyasha costume help!PLZ!

HI,i need serious help for my inuyasha costume(wwhich i havent started yet).I would REALLY,REALLY love it if someone out there can plz give me some kind of pattern for inuyashas kimono.I would really appretiate it.I just started to get into cosplay.So can u plz help a newbie in need?It wold really help me.
Inuyasha356 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2003, 08:06 PM   #2
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Simplicity makes one, apparently, as does Butterick. Neither is authentic, but looks like one.

Searching 'kimono pattern' in google gave me these links:
http://www.japanesekimono.com/kimono_fabric.htm
http://www.geocities.com/kimono_hist...o_patterns.htm
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/5187/kimono.html
http://www.round-earth.com/patterns.html
http://folkwear-birchstreet.com/asian.html

If you want more, just do the search again and use any link you like.

To make Inuyasha's, any pattern would require a little bit of modification. Just make a mock-up first, out of cheap fabric, so you can learn how the pattern goes together, and what you have to fix to make it look like how you want it to.

Good luck.

Edit: If you want the pants, search for 'hakama'. There have been many threads on this topic. Google should give you some patterns as well. Sarcasm has one up on her site (search 'den of sarcasm'). Normal hakama don't go tight at the ankles, though, so you'd have to modify them, too.

Last edited by Eleryth : 12-08-2003 at 10:31 PM.
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2003, 08:24 PM   #3
Inuyasha356

Inuyasha help

Thanks alot i really appretiate it.....
Unread 12-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #4
Aer
rawr

For all my costumes, I go to JoAnn's and look through all the pattern books until I find a pattern that resembles what I am trying to make. Any alterations can be easily made. For my Inuyasha costume, I used a kimono top pattern, and for the pants, I basically made them really poofy/baggy, with a pant pattern resembling "genie" pants. For the slits in the sleeves/waist, I just cut them out once I was done with both shirt and pants. The fabric I used doesn't fray, so it was pretty easy.
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2003, 03:33 PM   #5
damiensrealm
Destroyer of everything

There are more out there just like you!

I am a noob to this too so if you get any info about your costume plz send it to me at damiensrealm@hotmail.com
damiensrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2003, 04:31 PM   #6
Inuyasha356

Aer who is Joanne?Also everyone who goes on this thread plz if you dont have any inuyasha costume layouts plz feel free to send me links to pics of inuyasha and tips for making an inuyasha costume.Plz i want my costume to be done before AnimeNorth2004.(also if u dont have anything for inuyasha i am also open to miroku as well...)
Unread 12-09-2003, 10:43 PM   #7
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Joann's is a fabric store that also sells patterns. Other fabric stores include Fabricland, Bouclair, Michaels (maybe, it's more a crafter's place)... all you have to do is look in your local yellow pages, maybe under 'fabric' or 'sewing supplies' or something.

Also, read the threads about Inuyasha. Just search the forum (I believe in the upper right hand corner). You could also search 'hakama' (pants), 'kimono' (top) or anything else related to the show. There's been numerous threads about this, as it's a popular costume. You might also want to look in the props thread for information about how to make his tetsusaiga (sword) or necklace. And, wig forum for wig things, of course.
Unread 12-10-2003, 07:00 PM   #8
Inuyasha356

Thanks Eleryth i really apprettiate it.I know theres a fabricland in barrie(i live near there) ive seen it before,i'll go there.I checked micheals they dot have anything good.(p.s. does fabricland have designs for kimonos?)
Unread 12-10-2003, 08:07 PM   #9
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha356
(p.s. does fabricland have designs for kimonos?)
Yes, Fabricland carries Butteric, Vogue, Burda, Simplicity, Mccalls.... Butterick has a kimono pattern, and so does Simplicity. Flip through the pattern books next time you visit your Fabricland or ask one of the people who work there for assistance. That's what they are there for, after all! And bring in a picture, so they have a better idea what you are looking for.

You can pre-search some patterns on their websites: www.simplicity.com, www.mccall.com (vogue, butterick, mccall). Kimono style patterns are usually under the costumes section.

Just a note of caution - they might look like a kimono, but are not done the traditional way. They are good, though, for a beginner sewer and costumer.
Unread 12-10-2003, 08:11 PM   #10
kerochan
Poot de bolume up!

folkwear also makes a pattern for hakama's too and they aren't that difficult to make. The instructions are fairly simple to follow(made my seung mina 3rd player from a folkwear pattern) and they are very accurate.
Unread 12-10-2003, 09:52 PM   #11
Inuyasha356

Thanks again Eleryth!I'll go to fabricland and check out the designs.Should i just bring in a picture of inuyasha and show them?Will they understand by just a glance of his clothes and a brief description?
Unread 12-10-2003, 09:53 PM   #12
Inuyasha356

I forgot to thank kerochan so.....Thanks kerochan ^_^ the more help I get the better!
Unread 12-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #13
Inuyasha356

I also want to ask is were is JoAnne located is just one sigle store or is it a nationwie store?Also is there one located in canada?
Unread 12-31-2003, 10:58 AM   #14
Inuyasha356

Plz someone write something here i haven;t got a reply in weeks......
Unread 12-31-2003, 12:41 PM   #15
Aer
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha356
Thanks again Eleryth!I'll go to fabricland and check out the designs.Should i just bring in a picture of inuyasha and show them?Will they understand by just a glance of his clothes and a brief description?

Just bring a reference picture for yourself and look at the patterns. Have you even taken any of the advice people here have given you?

You can always search google yourself to find pics of inuyasha or helpful pages on making his costume. I know there are some out there.
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote