Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 12-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Eva Yui
OMGWTFBBQ

Enchanted!

Who else didn't love this movie? I was guilty of watching it twice. I thought I would start a thread to see who else may plan to try one of the costumes in the new year. I was thinking of doing Giselle's pink dress and convince my bf to be the NY-er she falls in love with-maybe the outfit he wears to the ball.

edit: I meant to put Enchanted...ah duh me. This is the first time I've had to work on less then five hours sleep.

My deviantart

Next stop!: Katsucon
Current cosplay(s):
Rei Ayanami [school-girl ver.] (100%)
Rena Lanford //Star Ocean: The Second Story (100%)
Upcoming cosplay(s):
Medusa Gorgon // Soul Eater (90%)

Eva Yui is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
xfkirsten

I'm definitely planning on it! I'd really love to make her "That's How You Know" dress. I've got it planned, and will probably make a muslin after the new year. The hardest part is just finding a fabric - I haven't even been able to get close. *headdesk*

I'm probably going to do the pink dress, too - that one should be pretty quick and easy.
xfkirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2007, 12:56 AM   #3
CliffnCain
Chillin'

I may sound gay for this but I loved it!

(yeah jerkface liked it(inside joke)

The serious cosplayer.

Skype me at Datcrazyeric (pretty please?)
CliffnCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
vallartatsuki

The movie was so adorable!

I look forward to all of you guys' upcoming outfits!
vallartatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
Moon_Fish

I just say it for the first time last night (mostly to see the costumes XD!). For 2008 I at least want to start on Giselle's wedding dress. I plan on getting her huge hoop skirt done by Feb. 200 inches around for the bottom hoop ^^.
Shampoo ~ Ranma 1/2
Giroro pj's ~ SGT Frog
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2011
Seishun Con 2011?
Dragon Con 2011
AWA XVII
Moon_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #6
CelestialAurora
Midgar Flower Girl

I'm working on Giselle's dress right now! ^^ I'm doing her blue curtain dress that she wore in the park. I still need to buy a couple of things though so I haven't really quite started yet.
Alice Cullen (cafeteria Bella's first day outfit) ~ Twilight
Alice Cullen (Bella's birthday party dress) ~ New Moon
Aerith Gainsborough ~ Kingdom Hearts 2
Yvainne (blue dress) ~ Stardust

CelestialAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2007, 04:36 PM   #7
Eva Yui
OMGWTFBBQ

Awesome to know so many other people like it too. Celestial, out of curiosity how are you going to do the dress? The print seems like it'd be hard to do all over the material or are you going for the closest match material wise?

My deviantart

Next stop!: Katsucon
Current cosplay(s):
Rei Ayanami [school-girl ver.] (100%)
Rena Lanford //Star Ocean: The Second Story (100%)
Upcoming cosplay(s):
Medusa Gorgon // Soul Eater (90%)

Eva Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:40 PM   #8
Hydraskylar
...promise...

I haven't had the chance to but I think I'll wait for the DVD (I have the habit of gasping, screaming and singing along with the character! Maybe I'm a bit of a animated character myself!!!) Anyway, glad you started this topic. I was gonna start one myself if nobody had already did. Watched 2 music video clips on youtube, the movie looks absolute...enchanting. Gorgeous white dress, I wonder how many yards it has...
Hydraskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #9
ravenmist
I love lamp.

I'm working on her blue dress. I found the perfect fabric for it, but it only comes out that beautiful bright blue when someone takes a good flash photo. Very odd. I need to work on it more. I hate those sleeves. Haha. Seems most of my costumes for next year have those poofy sleeves.

2013 Conventions:
Emerald City Comicon
Sakuracon

Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite, Oswin Oswald - Doctor Who, Twilight Sparkle - MLP: FIM, Arwen - LOTR
ravenmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #10
Moonlit_Rose
Indeed

I adored the movie! I'm listening to the soundtrack right now actually. What can I say, I was addicted. Saw it twice too!

I'm going to make her Ballgown/Wedding Dress with all of the poof. I have a terrible addiction to ballgowns so it was inevitable. I also want to make her blue/teal dress/"How Does She Know" dress, it was so beautiful and flowed!.

I've been looking for the How Does She Know/Curtain Drapes dress fabric and having problems with that. I even am flipping through the drapes fabric section and looked for drapes themselves in stores but it's hard! Has anyone found any fabric like this anywhere?
Moonlit_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #11
calen383
mendacity to the max

I just saw the movie today. I'm seriously considering putting the evil queen's dress together. xD Everyone else wants to do Giselle and I'm in love with the evil witch. Go figure. :-P
Cons planned: Otakon 11 - NYCC 11 - AnimeBoston 12
calen383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #12
xfkirsten

Almost got the pink dress finished! Just gotta hem it and add the ribbon. The wig is ordered and on the way, and then I'll be all set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Rose View Post
I've been looking for the How Does She Know/Curtain Drapes dress fabric and having problems with that. I even am flipping through the drapes fabric section and looked for drapes themselves in stores but it's hard! Has anyone found any fabric like this anywhere?
I really want to make that one, too. I've been looking for a good fabric ever since the movie came out and have had absolutely no luck! I'm hoping that that sort of a pattern will turn up soon as we're getting into spring.

As it stands now, though, I'm looking at just painting the design onto silk. I'd much prefer to find a good embroidered design, but just haven't found anything good enough yet.

Last edited by xfkirsten : 01-04-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Unread 01-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
Moonlit_Rose
Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfkirsten View Post
I really want to make that one, too. I've been looking for a good fabric ever since the movie came out and have had absolutely no luck! I'm hoping that that sort of a pattern will turn up soon as we're getting into spring.

As it stands now, though, I'm looking at just painting the design onto silk. I'd much prefer to find a good embroidered design, but just haven't found anything good enough yet.
true, we might have more luck when it comes to spring! I didn't think of that. I give your major props for being willing to paining the design on! I considered it, but after the mass sequining for Galinda(Wicked), I fear I need a break from hand designs.. yet I still debate it. Are you going to wing it, or try to get it as close to the actual fabric pattern itself?
Moonlit_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #14
xfkirsten

I'm going to try to get as close to the design itself as possible. I certainly have enough reference pics to work from! I figure that if I can make a stencil for it, it'll at least make it easier to keep the pattern consistent over the fabric. It's a fairly large pattern, too, when you really look at it - it doesn't repeat as much as you think it would.
Unread 01-08-2008, 02:59 AM   #15
xfkirsten

I've finished my pink "Andalasia" dress! I kept this one pretty simple and just used a basic strapless dress pattern.

I added a couple of pics of the dress to my gallery here. I didn't put any makeup on for those, nor have I gotten a wig yet, so I just ran a brush through my hair really fast. But you can at least see what the dress itself looks like!

(and ignore the un-Giselle-like clothes on the floor. I work 60 hours a week and lack time to clean XD)