Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Unread 12-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #1
ShimmerJester
If Beauty Could Kill

Question Chii Freya

Ok i have about 4 questions to ask

1. I have seen over 4 different types of Drak Chii/ Freya costume, how come there is so many???

2. The Chii's where is the light/normal chii and the dark Chii sitting and holding hands is that from the anime series or is it form the Manga series

3. How do you Pronounce Freya and Chii

4. How do you make the ears and the things that are on the hair

Thnaks for your Help again guys. You guys are the best at answering my questions ^.^ THANK YOU *blow kisses*
ShimmerJester is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2003, 11:26 PM   #2
Yuna-X2
Stealth Nerd

1. I'm not sure of the exact reason, but it seems to be CLAMP's style to make dozens and dozens of beautiful dresses.. well, from what I've seen anyways.

2. Well, the exact picture is from manga, but a similar scene happens in the anime.

3. I'm not quite sure with Freya, because of the f, but Chii sounds like Cheeee.

4. Best way I've seen is using a hairband and creating the ears out of sheets of that bendable foam...

Future Costumes
Gakuto, Mizuki, Ishida, Eiji, Sengoku (Prince of Tennis)
Ouran High School Host Club uniform
Yuna-X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2003, 11:30 PM   #3
kitsunered

Well....

There are way more than four costumes for Chii and Freya. In both the series and the manga, the characters change clothes just like you and me. Add to that the numerous outfits drawn in the Chobits artbooks, promotional items, etc., and you have quite a variety of outfits to choose from.

The picture you're talking about is from one of the artbooks, I believe. I think it was used on a few other things as well. My memory is kind of hazy at the moment, but I think it or a version of it also appeared in the series in a flashback scene, but I don't really remember if this is the case.

Freya and Chii are pronounced just like they sound (fray-yuh) (chee), although in the non-translated anime a lot of the characters pronounce Freya as fur-ay-uh, but I think that has more to do with them trying to pronunce a Germanic name with a Japanese accent. The languages are very different from one another and both have sounds that won't be found in the other lanugage.

Finally, people have a lot of different ways of making the ears and hair spools. I myself used painted wooden spools for the hair spools and used clear plastic rubber bands beneath them to keep them from slipping. The ears I made out of different colored craft foam, a thin wire headband, and hot glue. Different people make them in different ways though. Some use vacuformed plastic, sculpy, or purchased them from other costumers. You can usually do a search on Ebay and find several people who are selling them.

-Kits

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2003, 12:09 AM   #4
ShimmerJester
If Beauty Could Kill

Thank so much... I'm might cosplay Dark Chii the one i metioned since we don't have manga where i live but we have just got the DVD series so that should be good thanks guys ^.~
ShimmerJester is offline   Reply With Quote