Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 01-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
Cliffgun

Question about keyblade (Yup another)

Alright... I wanted to know how I could get a metal Kingdom key. I've been searching around for awhile now and all the "metal" ones are either way out of whack (no where near the quality of what I want) and/or the painting's just horribly done. I know I'm not exactly going to get THE ACTUAL KEYBLADE so don't get me wrong I'm not looking for that... Also I know about the whole "Don't make exact replicas of the keyblade" thing from square enix.
How would I get one (or who would make one) and, in all seriousness, how much would it cost? I know it'll probably be a pretty decent amount for something that has an extremely large amount of time put into it...
Also I understand about the weight thing. Lugging something around all day can get tiresome. lol
If this isn't the right place to put this then I'm sorry... I'm new :3 lol
Cliffgun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Veriun

Why would you want a Keyblade out of metal? What would you do with it, outside of private photoshoots? I can't imagine any conventions that would allow it.

I found a bunch of metal Keyblades (mostly Kingdom Key) through a Google search on "metal Keyblade replica" (like anyone cares about SE's "no replica" policy when it comes to money), you could look there as a start. I think some of them looked decent, but maybe my standards are just low.
Veriun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

You will never find a metal one that looks correct..Those sellers don't have the licence to make exact replicas so they need to not look like photocopies so they can't get sewed..However there is only ONE correct kingdom key (the only flaw is the hand guard things are too thin, again Licence stuff) but it's pvc. It's correct in height and everyere else other then the ONE mentioned but that's no problem..

Mose cons don't allow completely metal weapons so you may not want one, plus this will be SUPER heavy and you will regret it the minute you walk with it..But if you want it, you have to have it custom made by an actual person that works with metal or you will never have it
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
Cliffgun

Well it was for more of a collection thing. I was looking at pvc ones for cosplay (I like having one that's as close to what it actually is as possible :S) and I found a few... Pretty sure I found a great one (I believe it's the one you were talking about because the handguard's a little messed up but everything else looks phenomenal)
Cliffgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

If it's on eBay and has a logo that says 0404 on it, that's the one. Anyone else with those pix stole them from that seller.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:24 AM   #6
Geddon

Cool Metal Keyblades

Go to brushwoodsmen on facebook, I have seen the one you are wanting and it is very very good.
Geddon is offline   Reply With Quote