Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
Firecat0
So i herd u liek cosplay?

Alternate Luka outfits needed (I have her hair)

So I have this butt length light pink hair now and I'm thinking that I should cosplay Luka Megurine from the Vocaloid programs. I despise luka as a character and I'm not very fond of her voice either, but I have the perfect hair so I'm kind of obligated.

I like doing non-main outfits (plus I'm not in good enough shape for hers) so I'm looking to do one from a PV. It should be complicated, not very revealing at all 'cause I don't have to body for that and it's currently -1 degrees fahrenheit outside, interesting, and not super form fitting. I've found a couple with her that could work (no 1 ninja and Tailor at Enbizaka), but they're both kimonos; while don't mind kimonos I want some selection. It's hard for me to search through her videos to find unique outfits because of my dislike, so I figured I would ask you other people out there if you knew of any good ones. ^_^

If there are any other characters you know of that fit my requirements and have my hair feel free to list them. <3
Gogo - FFV Amano version
One of the Assassins from the Assassin's Creed Series

"If you're gonna dress like a weirdo at least do it well."

"Wear your outfit with a flair that says, 'I'm clearly awesome, and if you don't think so then you must have the fashion sense of unicorn droppings.'"
Firecat0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-20-2011, 02:52 AM   #2
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

Just a question, are you in a cosplay group that's doing Vocaloid? If not.. I don't see why you're obligated to do Luka just because you have pink hair, especially when you despise the character. There are plenty of other characters with long pink hair..

That said this would be my suggestion.
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...uka5839423.jpg
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 05:15 AM   #3
Firecat0

No group. I'm one of those cosplayers who cosplays characters I look like rather than ones I like. And once you factor in my restrictions there are extremely few characters left. ^_^

As amazing as that outfit is, I won't be able to do it without modifications. Perhaps I should add that there can't be any skin except hands and my head shown. Tights on the legs are also going to be out. The only reason I'll be able to do Piko's legs is because his are actually pants and can afford to be a tiny bit looser; I'll unfortunately be modifying his shoulder area. That outfit is divine though, what's it from?
Gogo - FFV Amano version

"Wear your outfit with a flair that says, 'I'm clearly awesome, and if you don't think so then you must have the fashion sense of unicorn droppings.'"

Last edited by Firecat0 : 11-20-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Unread 11-20-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecat0 View Post
No group. I'm one of those cosplayers who cosplays characters I look like rather than ones I like. And once you factor in my restrictions there are extremely few characters left. ^_^

As amazing as that outfit is, I won't be able to do it without modifications. Perhaps I should add that there can't be any skin except hands and my head shown. Tights on the legs are also going to be out. The only reason I'll be able to do Piko's legs is because his are actually pants and can afford to be a tiny bit looser; I'll unfortunately be modifying his shoulder area. That outfit is divine though, what's it from?
o3o To be honest, I'm not sure where the outfit is from, I just found it on Pia pro XD;

and what restrictions would those be? o_O I mean seriously I can think of a -ton- of characters with long pink hair, and quite a few of them dress conservatively as well.

O3o; I don't mean to be argumentative, but it seems to me that cosplaying a character that you hate, JUST because you have the same color hair as them is.. well it doesn't make sense to me..

But here's another Luka one: http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...67895ceae2.jpg
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
Kuriin
DO NOT THROW SOULS

If you hate Luka that much, there are other conservatively dressed characters with similar hair XD Euphemia- Code Geass <who has many outfits of different states of revealed skin> and Cattleya- Familiar of Zero come to mind ;u;

Buuut, for Luka anyways there's Toeto, Senbonzakura, this random fanart
If you're uncomfortable with showing your legs at all, there's quite a few you could easily modify to be pants instead of shorts or a small skirt, too. Zerochan is a good place.

Next Con: Motaku???

.:Working On:.
.:Flandre Scarlet -Touhou
.:Nepeta Leijon- Homestuck

dA
Kuriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
Miku Substitute
Photoshop= Best cosplayer

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...1t:429,r:4,s:0

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...t:429,r:9,s:30

^ I think this costume from the song Magnet would be good for you.! ^.^ Though the cosplay is with long stockings and gloves.

Though if you don't "despite" her why would you even want to cosplay as her.?

Someone that is cosplaying a character that he/she doesn like is one of the most wierdest thing i've heard.. (0_o)

Last edited by Miku Substitute : 11-20-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Miku Substitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

Why not check out this place for a character you might like. It's never fun to cosplay a character you hate.

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
TiltedFollower
Is a brony.

Well here are some ideas that may or not work. You can obviously modify them (leggings instead of tights for Magnet, etc.), but I hope I help:

> Love is War/Eager Love Revenge
> Top secret
> Magnet
> Matryoshka
> Wander Last
> 7 Days
> Toeto
> Bokura ga 16-bit WARZ
> Just Be Friends
> Colorful Drop
> Happy Synthesizer
> Anti the INFINITE HOLIC
> Worlds End Dancehall
> Ten-faced
> Saihate

And here are some characters to cosplay with the same hair as Luka:

> Mizuki Himeji - Baka & Test: Summon the Beasts
> Louise - The Familiar of Zero
> Akari Mizunashi - Aria
> Sheryl Nome - Macross
> Yui - Angel Beats!
> Pellona - One Piece
> Sonico - Super Sonic Communications mascot
> Milhore F. Biscotti - Dog Days

^Off the top of my head @_@

Good luck with your cosplay~
Homura Akemi - Puella Magi Madoka★Magica
Female Trainer (Hilda) - Pokemon Black & White
Protagonist - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

I'll see you at Anime Matsuri 2012~!
TiltedFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #9
Firecat0

Suiseki - I have the most fun cosplaying when I'm recreating the character perfectly (minus behavior); I'm a perfectionist and I love challenges. I don't mind dressing like her or anything like that; it's more her behavior that bothers me so much (and her voice, but that's really just personal preferences), and since I'm not going to be acting like her I'm fine with cosplaying her. ^_^ It makes me really happy to do a great cosplay! Oh, my eyes are blue green also (technically they're blue/green/grey).
As for restrictions, those listed above with an emphasis on non-skintight clothing anywhere. If I just loosened up all of her clothes they would look sloppy and not right, so I'm avoiding anything with tights as much as possible. Tight shirts also don't fly. ^_^' After searching on things like animecharactersdatabase I found very few characters that didn't wear either a skirt of some sort, a bodysuit, or super boring clothing.
Another cool outfit by the way, but it looks like they're capri-length pants, and fairly tight. If I modified it I might be able to make it work. Thank you very much for responding and giving me cool outfits to consider; I appreciate it a lot and hope you keep 'em comin'. <3

Kuriin - Unfortunately the dress shown is: Tight, low cut, and shows her ankle/calf area pretty clearly. I'll have to look at the vaguely officerish outfit more to see how long it is, but it looks promising (nevermind; it's short). ^_^ The Zero girl looks alright too. Her top is a bit too tight, but it's pretty excusable if it's a bit more loose. I'll put it in reserve since it's really lacks any challenging aspects. I like complicated way more. Toeto is about the same; cute and workable but far too simple to provide a challenge. The Senbonzakura spirit form thing look like a great idea and will be moved to an in-cue status. I never got into watching Bleach so I kind of missed him in my search. The fanart isn't showing unfortunately... Major modifications like that are going to be something I won't do. I want to stay extremely close to the original designs. Thank you very much!

Miku Substitute - Short, tight, and revealing on the top half. Definitely out. It's not strange at all... QnQ I cosplay for visual perfection, not because I like the character.

Tehkuki - Weird avatar is weird. XD Oh the hours I've spent on that site... =.= When I still had really dark brown hair (my natural color) I searched that place up and down for it, and then in anticipation of dying my hair before I was 100% on the color I scoured pink, white, and purple. Trust me, I know that place well. While I may not like Luka's character, if I can do an excellent, master level cosplay of her, I'll be so frickin high on happiness I'll start spewing unicorns. <3 It matters more that I look good than who I'm looking good as. : )

Tilted - Saihate is the only Luka outfit on there that might possibly work and that's taking some liberties with what her version of Miku's outfit might look like. Matryoshka would have to be majorly altered and it's being way overdone right now. From most of your suggestions I wonder if you fully read my post... -.-' Almost all of the things you posted had short skirts or shorts.

I'll just post this here for everyone. No short skirts/shorts/tights/high slits. No sleeveless/shortsleeved/lowcut/belly showing/skintight tops. Thank you for all of the suggestions, they help me whether they're what I'm looking for or not!
Gogo - FFV Amano version

Last edited by Firecat0 : 11-21-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Unread 11-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
TiltedFollower
Is a brony.

Yes, I did read your post. Like I said, you can modify them to be comfortable for you, yet they'll still be recognizable. I know a lot of people have different cosplay 'morals' than I, but I believe you should be comfortable, and that you can edit a cosplay as much as you like so you are. ^^ For example, if that means wearing pants while you cosplay Kasumi (Dead or Alive), so be it. Also, since most of the outfits I listed don't have 'official' versions (especially Matryoshka- you don't even see the bottom of the characters in the PV), just make them how you want! ^^ Wear pants instead of (or under) skirts, and the like. I read that you cosplay for visual perfection just now, but when there's no official version, you can cosplay what /you/ think looks perfect.

And no, I'm not trying to force my ideas on you or anything like that, I just want to help.
Homura Akemi - Puella Magi Madoka★Magica
Female Trainer (Hilda) - Pokemon Black & White
Protagonist - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

I'll see you at Anime Matsuri 2012~!
TiltedFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

Problem is.. unless you do some modifications, there's little to -nothing- that meets your full list of demands.

Another suggestion I have is Misha from Pita-Ten. She has long pink hair, and wears an extremely conservative outfit.

Last edited by EXEC_HYMME_MACARON : 11-21-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Unread 11-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #12
Firecat0

For those ones that don't have an official bottom half I can see making it whatever I want; thank you for letting me know so I can double check which one's this would apply to. ^_^ When you mention that cosplays should be comfortable I had to giggle madly; for my very first cosplay I wore boots that were a size and a half too small and had on side panels that made is basically impossible for me to sit down or lean against anything. XD The metal headgear I wore had a screw holding the two bands together in the front; luckily the point was covered with hot glue so I didn't have a nice scar, but when I took it off at the end of the day I had a massive indentation in my forehead which quickly swelled up and got huge. Comfort is pretty low down on my priority list.

Now I'm seeing that you're starting to understand what I meant at the start about there not being many. XD At least her outfit might be a little bit challenging. Can you think of any Miku outfits that fit the criteria? I can always attempt a Miku Sakura version.
Gogo - FFV Amano version

Unread 11-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #13
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Unread 11-22-2011, 05:45 AM   #14
Laced Candy

...There are plenty of characters with long pink hair that you can do. Why do a character that you hate (and I'm not aware that Vocaloids had characterization)? I don't see the point of it unless you just want attention from the popular bandwagon.
Laced Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #15
Mulot Dakrat

To add to Laced Candy; not only that, but... Luka's bangs are a lot longer than you have, and if your only criteria to cosplay Luka is that your hair is perfect, I wouldn't do it with bangs that are way too short, especially when you say you hate the character. Also, aside from hair colour, you... don't really look much like Luka, I'm afraid to say. And I've got nothing against people cosplaying characters that aren't alike in facial structure, body type, etcetera, but when you pick out cosplays only because you look similar to them, you shouldn't pick out a character who's only similarity is gender and hair colour (and possibly eye colour, but I'm fairly sure there's thousands of characters with pink hair and blue eyes).
Mulot Dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote