Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 11-22-2011, 04:54 AM   #16
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!
 
Magical Machete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecat0 View Post
I'm one of those cosplayers who cosplays characters I look like rather than ones I like.
Luka isn't fat.
Neither is Miku.

Try Witch of the Waste. It fits all your requirements as well.
__________________
Magical Machete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-22-2011, 05:15 AM   #17
SabienStrange
my boss is quite savage
 
SabienStrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,274
I hope you realize your logic doesn't make sense.
Cosplayers aren't actors. They're not obligated to do anything.
What we do we do because we like doing it, and I don't know any sensible person that would say they cosplayed a character they hated unless it was for their best friend or the spot needed to be filled for masquerade or something similar.
It doesn't seem like you have any obligation of that sort, so you're basically just creating a problem for yourself and the people that are trying to help you.

Why not just create an original design for a character that looks similar to Luka but "isn't" Luka. That way you have the freedom to do whatever you want to do.
__________________
нє sɑʏs ι ʟooκ ʏummʏ ɑɴᴅ нє wɑɴтs ɑ тɑsтэ

BUT I'M A HUMAN NOT A SANDWICH

- - - - -

. . .
[ _ _ _ :: _ _ _ ]
SabienStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #18
Suiseiseki0284
Michu
 
Suiseiseki0284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 585
NOW YOU WANNA DO SAKURA MIKU??... I'm gonna flip a table again.. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻


...... ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You my dear, are frustrating. First off, for a reason that I cannot fathom, want to cosplay a character that you hate, going as far as to say that you're obligated to do so. In fact, you hate her so much that you can't seem to search for images yourself!.. You wanna know how many pictures of Luka are out there? To give you an idea, on Zerochan alone, 7,924. (By the way, for Miku that's 29,673) And that's ONE image board. That doesn't count pixiv, piapro, or the dozens of booru image boards out there.

Second off, your list of demands is ridiculous. People have given you suggestions and you've come back with "That's too short" "That's too tight" "That shows too much skin" "I don't want to wear tights" "I don't want my arms to show" "The only skin I want to show are my head and hands" "That's too boring" "That's overdone"

Guess what..? There is just about -nothing- that fits your criteria. ESPECIALLY FOR MIKU. Then again, there may be some where, but I'm not gonna search through 30,000+ images.

Now, should cosplayers be able to make alterations to an outfit for their own personal comfort? Yes of course. But, you keep on going on about how you're all about perfection, and how you want to recreate the character perfectly or something.

Also I would like to direct you to the following!
http://www.zerochan.net/Hatsune+Miku
http://www.zerochan.net/Megurine+Luka

Also Danbooru, if you feel brave enough to sift through all the NSFW materials ( thar be porn here!) has a list of images by song
http://danbooru.donmai.us/wiki/show?...vocaloid_songs
__________________
http://michele84.avonrepresentative.com/Please visit my Avon page.
Suiseiseki0284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #19
Vavo Natsumi
Classic Trainwreck
 
Vavo Natsumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki0284 View Post
NOW YOU WANNA DO SAKURA MIKU??... I'm gonna flip a table again.. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻


...... ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You my dear, are frustrating. First off, for a reason that I cannot fathom, want to cosplay a character that you hate, going as far as to say that you're obligated to do so. In fact, you hate her so much that you can't seem to search for images yourself!.. You wanna know how many pictures of Luka are out there? To give you an idea, on Zerochan alone, 7,924. (By the way, for Miku that's 29,673) And that's ONE image board. That doesn't count pixiv, piapro, or the dozens of booru image boards out there.

Second off, your list of demands is ridiculous. People have given you suggestions and you've come back with "That's too short" "That's too tight" "That shows too much skin" "I don't want to wear tights" "I don't want my arms to show" "The only skin I want to show are my head and hands" "That's too boring" "That's overdone"

Guess what..? There is just about -nothing- that fits your criteria. ESPECIALLY FOR MIKU. Then again, there may be some where, but I'm not gonna search through 30,000+ images.

Now, should cosplayers be able to make alterations to an outfit for their own personal comfort? Yes of course. But, you keep on going on about how you're all about perfection, and how you want to recreate the character perfectly or something.

Also I would like to direct you to the following!
http://www.zerochan.net/Hatsune+Miku
http://www.zerochan.net/Megurine+Luka

Also Danbooru, if you feel brave enough to sift through all the NSFW materials ( thar be porn here!) has a list of images by song
http://danbooru.donmai.us/wiki/show?...vocaloid_songs
Vavo Natsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #20
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!
 
Magical Machete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki0284 View Post
NOW YOU WANNA DO SAKURA MIKU??... I'm gonna flip a table again.. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻


...... ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You my dear, are frustrating. First off, for a reason that I cannot fathom, want to cosplay a character that you hate, going as far as to say that you're obligated to do so. In fact, you hate her so much that you can't seem to search for images yourself!.. You wanna know how many pictures of Luka are out there? To give you an idea, on Zerochan alone, 7,924. (By the way, for Miku that's 29,673) And that's ONE image board. That doesn't count pixiv, piapro, or the dozens of booru image boards out there.

Second off, your list of demands is ridiculous. People have given you suggestions and you've come back with "That's too short" "That's too tight" "That shows too much skin" "I don't want to wear tights" "I don't want my arms to show" "The only skin I want to show are my head and hands" "That's too boring" "That's overdone"

Guess what..? There is just about -nothing- that fits your criteria. ESPECIALLY FOR MIKU. Then again, there may be some where, but I'm not gonna search through 30,000+ images.

Now, should cosplayers be able to make alterations to an outfit for their own personal comfort? Yes of course. But, you keep on going on about how you're all about perfection, and how you want to recreate the character perfectly or something.

Also I would like to direct you to the following!
http://www.zerochan.net/Hatsune+Miku
http://www.zerochan.net/Megurine+Luka

Also Danbooru, if you feel brave enough to sift through all the NSFW materials ( thar be porn here!) has a list of images by song
http://danbooru.donmai.us/wiki/show?...vocaloid_songs
My suggestion fits all her requirements!

Matches her body type.
Covers everything but head and hands (mostly).
No tights needed.
Unique (I have never seen a Witch of the Waste cosplayer irl) and will get a lot of attention (easily recognisable).
She has light pink hair that is long (it's tied up though).
It would be comfortable and can be warm because you can layer a shirt or leggings underneath for added warmth.
It also would be challenging to make because it takes someone with skills to make something drape right on a fat person. :3

I'm not seeing how this isn't the perfect cosplay.
__________________
Magical Machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #21
zomi.
Registered User
 
zomi.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17
there's a little thing called a wig. you know, they come in all sorts of colors, lengths, and styles, and when you put them on-- voila! you can have the exact hair of any character you wish.
i think that kind of nullifies your claim of being perfect for luka based on a SINGLE trait. by your reasoning, anyone could be perfect for luka.
__________________
{ ACPDEVARTTUMBLRTWITTER }
zomi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #22
Marshall Lee
Vampire King
 
Marshall Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
If you're going to be this picky, do your own damn image searching. People have given you tons of suggestions for websites on looking so happy hunting.
Marshall Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #23
Suuki
Sakura Chan
 
Suuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Lee View Post
If you're going to be this picky, do your own damn image searching. People have given you tons of suggestions for websites on looking so happy hunting.
Nice job bumping a 2 year old thread. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Machete View Post
Luka isn't fat.
Neither is Miku.

Try Witch of the Waste. It fits all your requirements as well.
I really don't like this comment though.
She may not be the skinniest person in the world, but you are just rude. Maybe she has he own personally issues.
I am surprised no one else commented on what this person said..
This, this is the dark side of the internet.
__________________
Conventions attending:
PMX 2013
Anime LA 2014
Anime Expo 2014
Sukoshi Con 2014
Pokecon 2014

Cosplays
Naruto Uzumaki (Shippuden/Konoha High)
Naruko - Fem!Naru (Shippuden/Konoha High/Maid)
Sakura Haruno (Shippuden)
Hinata Hyuga (Shippuden)
Karin Uzumaki (Shippuden)
Sakura Kasugano (Street Fighter)

Progress: Kyle Brofloski (South Park), Misa Amane (Death Note), Karin Anbu (Naruto- Original Design), Saria (Legend of Zelda)

Last edited by Suuki : 03-17-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #24
Marshall Lee
Vampire King
 
Marshall Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
Nice job bumping a 2 year old thread. XD
Oh shit..haha! That's what I get for posting without looking when I'm linked from somewhere else.
Marshall Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #25
Neon-Heart417
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
//eue....*bumps yet again*

A lot of those people are right though...Luka is kinda hard to do is you won't show anything bu hands and head...
Neon-Heart417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.