Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #31
RoseHanabira

The wigs all look gorgeous. I'm super excited about the colour rings too!

Potentially stupid question! When can we expect to see the online store updated with the new wigs? December 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
One more question because it's always been a deal breaker for me is what the at rest cap size on these, aka the circumference size before you expanded.
I am curious about this too. Because I'm bad with numbers - I've got a Wisp from the clearance sale in September last year; is the circumference the same/bigger/smaller than the previous line?
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #32
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHanabira View Post
The wigs all look gorgeous. I'm super excited about the colour rings too!

Potentially stupid question! When can we expect to see the online store updated with the new wigs? December 10?
They should be in the store by tomorrow evening and ready to pre-order. The newest photos (basically a photo of each color on an actual wig) will be updated on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Quote:
I've got a Wisp from the clearance sale in September last year; is the circumference the same/bigger/smaller than the previous line?
They are comparable to the old CosWorx line. They also have a *lot* more elasticity in the cap vs the old line, so they stretch more, and are extremely comfortable. We're waiting for the final product to arrive on Monday to do the final exact measurement. But they're definitely designed for the USA market.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #33
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

This is looking pretty exciting!!!! Two questions.

1) will the pre-order sale last only until you actually get the photos of the wigs in or will it run while you have some of the better photos of the colors?

2) do you still think it's possible to get some information on which wigs have which types of skin tops? It's kind of a make or break point for me ordering some wigs, and I'd really like to know. But oh man, I'm so excited for something like the old 25!!!
Unread 12-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #34
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanyaan View Post
This is looking pretty exciting!!!! Two questions.

1) will the pre-order sale last only until you actually get the photos of the wigs in or will it run while you have some of the better photos of the colors?

2) do you still think it's possible to get some information on which wigs have which types of skin tops? It's kind of a make or break point for me ordering some wigs, and I'd really like to know. But oh man, I'm so excited for something like the old 25!!!
1) Pre-order will last through the first shipping date, so it's there until around December 18th.

2) The layered styles have the fuller top, all others have a center button top. We requested fuller tops last minute pre-production, the layered samples we have here were made during production, so it's still possible we have fuller tops coming on some of the other styles. But I was told pre-production that they went into the queue as button tops. Wish I had a better answer for you before Monday, might want to wait till then. :\

Also, there is no top on the super-short, because it doesn't need one design-wise.
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #35
Aurorae

Might be an odd question, but what would you estimate is the ratio of hiperlon:henlon:chilon (is that like powerlon? I've never heard of it o.O)? Mainly asking for dying reasons- henlon doesn't take to it well at all- and also the shiny-ness factor.

That said, the colors look awesome! There's some interesting ones that I've never seen outside of Japanese wig stores like airily.
Aurorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #36
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

They are mostly Hiperlon based, but because the color blends are proprietary we can't divulge the exact mixes - also, the mix will vary slightly from color to color.

That being said, we do have another 15-20 colors coming throughout 2012, and if we need to add any additional colors to the mix it's easy enough to do. We've set up a warehouse in China as a staging area for our wig production runs before shipping them to our fulfillment areas (hint: European warehouse coming soon). So, putting a new color into production is as easy as ordering a minimum for each style and waiting 3-4 weeks. We won't typically add a new color unless we think it'll have a chance to sell at least 500-1000 wigs over a year, but with some of the distribution arrangements we're finalizing, it'll open that up a bit.

We're finishing things in the store and should have the pre-orders up in a few hours.

Last edited by Admin : 12-02-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #37
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Pre-ordering is up - we're moving a few things around but you should be able to order now.

Also, through Saturday night you can use coupon code PREORDER and get an additional 5% off of the already discounted pre-order prices!
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #38
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Also, New Look wigs will be back in the store in around one week.
Unread 12-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #39
Madcap
Melodious Nocturne

Does this mean you guys are getting rid of the Godiva 951 XL wig? ;-; *cannot remember if it's a new look wig.*
I love the new wigs by the way, I was searching for a wig like the super short for ages and could never find one to my liking
Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #40
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcap View Post
Does this mean you guys are getting rid of the Godiva 951 XL wig? ;-; *cannot remember if it's a new look wig.*
Godiva will be back, we're just reorganizing the store over the next week.
Unread 12-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #41
Madcap
Melodious Nocturne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Godiva will be back, we're just reorganizing the store over the next week.
Ah, I see, thank you m'dear! Can't wait to try some of the new wigs ^-^
Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #42
Inufan078
Winged-Kuribohsaid what?!

I am liking the looks of that slate blue and teal mix!

Would you guys by chance be getting any different styles in these as well later on? I was thinking for high demand spiking wigs IE: Yugioh. Seeing those two colors on a wig in a photo other than a swatch would be lovely if you guys ever got to snapshot a few.

Soon:
Train Heartnet from Black Cat
Secret Cosplay

Recent Complete Cosplays
Ikuto Tsukiyomi - Shugo Chara! School uniform with black and white lined blazer version
Jaden Yuki - YGO GX Season 4 version

~Cosplay lists never end... I have so many in my head I fear I will forget them... I have made a journal of all the characters I wish to achieve and keep on adding.~
Inufan078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #43
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inufan078 View Post
I am liking the looks of that slate blue and teal mix!

Would you guys by chance be getting any different styles in these as well later on? I was thinking for high demand spiking wigs IE: Yugioh. Seeing those two colors on a wig in a photo other than a swatch would be lovely if you guys ever got to snapshot a few.
We'll have the colors on actual wigs in a few days.

We've targeted an additional 4-5 styles by the end of 2012, and an additional 10-12 colors. One is a wig perfect for spiking, and we've already started development on it. Probably won't be available until mid-Spring though.

For color availability - The major complaint we've had repeatedly is that it really sucks to find the perfect wig and only have a fraction of the colors to choose from, or the perfect color but a few styles to choose from - and we agree.

So we built this line based on two things:
1) Any new style we add will automatically come in every color that we carry, and
2) Any new color we create will automatically be added to every style.
Unread 12-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #44
skyfirefox
Cabbage Patch Sehpiroth!!

Is there a color that matches the old Henna Red color? Also, with there be any really really long styles WITHOUT bangs?
My Costume Blog http://skyfirefox.blogspot.com/
skyfirefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #45
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

We don't currently have anything for Henna Red, but we may be adding it in the future. All of our current long styles have bangs, but we will have a short and long wig without bangs later in the year.