Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #46
_Kumi-chan_
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Very excited about this! The colors are gorgeous--love the subtle blending--and I can't wait to see what else you come out with! I've always been happy with the wigs I've ordered from your store, so I can't wait to order these. I do mostly thick/extra-thick styles, and they look like they'll fit the bill just fine.
Next up...
In Prog./Upcoming: Various groups/projects/upgrades Ranma 1/2
The Mirror Card Captor Sakura Rapunzel Tangled EVE WALL-E
Tenchi & Ryoko Tenchi Muyo! Parn & Deedlit Record of Lodoss War
_Kumi-chan_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2011, 06:03 AM   #47
Miasan

Question.. do I need to buy a curling/straightening iron to style these wigs, or do the normal styling methods (warm water, blow dryer etc.) still apply?

Last edited by Miasan : 07-07-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Miasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #48
Chaletica
[laughs]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
(hint: European warehouse coming soon)
Good to hear
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #49
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasan View Post
That's great news! Now some 'front' skin tops and I am a happy EU customer.

Question.. do I need to buy a curling/straightening iron to style these wigs, or do the normal styling methods (warm water, blow dryer etc.) still apply?

I've worked with Hiperlon fiber and a straightening iron is really handy to have the curling iron is less ideal and you still need to pin your curls in place as the hair cools compared to human hair.

I use curlers and boiled water to set this fiber and let the wig dry before taking them out. Same goes with using boiled water to straighten the wig if you don't have a straightening iron.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #50
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaletica View Post
Good to hear
We'll post more info about it in a few months, but it should be happening in around 6. In the meantime we'll be shipping our international orders from our warehouse in China, since we're able to do it slightly cheaper vs shipping from the US, and thus pass the savings along. The logistics for the Europe warehouse are already finished though.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #51
PhantasmaJun

I used to shop at cosworx til I heard bad things about the shipping and communication I would really like to give you guys another try so what has changed to fix the problems you were having with shipping out wigs? I am totally sold on buying 3 of the Super Long Layered in light purple for a large wig project for a cosplay in 2012 and I just want to make sure I can rest easy. you have the perfect color and style I need and I can harvest the wefts from the other two wigs.

Ashura Ou- RG Veda/ Tsubasa Chronicles
PhantasmaJun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #52
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

We have switched to using fulfillment services for our shipping on this new wig line. This means they are contractually obligated to have our shipments go out on time. We send them a list of our orders, and shipments will go out on the next business day. This also clears us up to handle the customer service end more efficiently, and any new inventory can go directly into stock at a much faster rate.

We are committed to fixing our past issues and look forward to proving ourselves again as the leading supplier of cosplay wigs outside of Japan. Please contact me if there is anything else I can do to give you reassurance that we're changing for the better.
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #53
PhantasmaJun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
We have switched to using fulfillment services for our shipping on this new wig line. This means they are contractually obligated to have our shipments go out on time. We send them a list of our orders, and shipments will go out on the next business day. This also clears us up to handle the customer service end more efficiently, and any new inventory can go directly into stock at a much faster rate.

We are committed to fixing our past issues and look forward to proving ourselves again as the leading supplier of cosplay wigs outside of Japan. Please contact me if there is anything else I can do to give you reassurance that we're changing for the better.
sounds awesome I had a good feeling by your prompt response to the other post here I cant wait to place my order for 3 of the Super Long Layered wigs they are beautiful and look full with fibers <3 I have been waiting for your revival because I bought a henna red wig in the Linda B style awhile back that I adore! sadly I have to wait til January but I am am excited you guys did this just in time you have the only light purple wig that is the perfect color and style I need.

Ashura Ou- RG Veda/ Tsubasa Chronicles
PhantasmaJun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #54
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantasmaJun View Post
I cant wait to place my order for 3 of the Super Long Layered wigs they are beautiful and look full with fibers
Great to hear. We spent 6 weeks going back and forth with manufacturing to make the layered wigs just right, and we're really happy with how they turned out. You'll be fine waiting until January, we have a ton of them.
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #55
han-pan

So...what precisely is the reason for the deluge of terrible reviews of cos.com's shipping, availability and customer service? I understand what you mean by your explanation of your intent to improve but am unclear on how this is different compared to what the previous situation was is all.

The new wigs look LOVELY and the colors are absolutely scrumptious. I am just, understandably, concerned.

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #56
KyasarinUriruzu
is a Water Type Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kumi-chan_ View Post
Very excited about this! The colors are gorgeous--love the subtle blending-
This is just what I was going to comment on. I really like the fact that the fibers are mixes of colors, thus making them look more brilliant and realistic. Now I want to buy wigs just to have them! Teal mix and Slate blue look stunning.

Last edited by KyasarinUriruzu : 12-06-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: silly typos (got too excited)
KyasarinUriruzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #57
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
So...what precisely is the reason for the deluge of terrible reviews of cos.com's shipping, availability and customer service? I understand what you mean by your explanation of your intent to improve but am unclear on how this is different compared to what the previous situation was is all.

The new wigs look LOVELY and the colors are absolutely scrumptious. I am just, understandably, concerned.
From 2005-2010, most of the shipping was done under my supervision at the CosWorx office. In mid-2010 and through the 2nd half of 2011, things went sour. In summer of 2010, we switched to Cosplay.com Shopping (CosWorx was stopped at that point) and we began with the Japanese lines of wigs, but their inventory was never up to date and we'd always find that out when we received the actual shipment. That's why we stopped selling them, it caused too much of a customer service issue, despite the awesome wigs.

For mid- to late-2011, the person responsible for shipping and customer service was occasionally overloaded, but wasn't signaling to us that the overload was causing errors to occur. This came to a head in September and October when combined with some personal issues that caused our shipping department to be MIA for a few days on two separate occasions. This further combined with an inventory count error on one specific wig that sent things into overdrive.

That person is no longer with the company, and we have switched to using a shipping service to do our shipping at this time. I've also simplified our line to the point where it's extremely easy to keep track of everything going on at a simple glance. So, some very real changes have already occurred, and we're ready to prove ourselves again.
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #58
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyasarinUriruzu View Post
This is just what I was going to comment on. I really like the fact that the fibers are mixes of colors, thus making them look more brilliant and realistic. Now I want to buy wigs just to have them! Teal mix and Slate blue look stunning.
Thanks! We're extremely happy with the colors. All of our colors were created for us by a person who creates the color blends for a couple of major Japanese wig lines. Some of the colors we carry even have 4 or more colors mixed in. We already have another 10 colors made, but we'll be releasing them over the next year.

When you view the wigs from a distance and in photos, the core color is vivid, and up close they look very natural due to the blending.
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #59
Yunalicia
Yevonite

I am super excited to hear everything is back on track Admin. All but one of my wigs has come from CosWorx/Cosplay.com so I am excited to start expanding my collection.

I haven't ordered in a while so I was wondering if anything with the shipping prices have changed? I live in Canada so sometimes the shipping can be more than half the price of the wig which can get discouraging if I only want one wig and some accessories.

Also wondering if you will be carrying the wig accessories again like the wig caps? Especially the coloured ones C:

Planned Cons:
*:AnimeNorth:*:2011:*
<3 Ai-Kon 2o11 <3
Yunalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #60
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalicia View Post
I haven't ordered in a while so I was wondering if anything with the shipping prices have changed? I live in Canada so sometimes the shipping can be more than half the price of the wig which can get discouraging if I only want one wig and some accessories.
Currently we're using a flat rate to Canada, which is $12 for one wig, $2 each additional wig. So if you ordered 3 wigs, you'd be looking at $16, or around $5.33 per wig for the shipping.

We've checked into fulfillment in Canada as well, but haven't decided on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalicia View Post
Also wondering if you will be carrying the wig accessories again like the wig caps? Especially the coloured ones C:
We're talking about those in a meeting this weekend, so they're coming back but no ETA yet.

Last edited by Admin : 12-06-2011 at 07:43 PM.