Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #61
han-pan

Thank you so much for the details! I appreciate the transparency. =)

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #62
ForeverLily

I'd just like to say the new wigs look gorgeous!

Though, I hate to say that I'm upset you're changing now...will you guys be bringing old styles back? Like the Tricia one? I was going to get it in month or so here. It was absolutely perfect for my Rose Tyler cosplay after searching high & low for the right one & just around the time I was going to get it you guys got rid of it I hope you do or something just like it!

Also, how much is your shipping in the US?

I apologize if my questions sound juvenile XD;
ForeverLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #63
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLily View Post
I'd just like to say the new wigs look gorgeous!

Though, I hate to say that I'm upset you're changing now...will you guys be bringing old styles back? Like the Tricia one? I was going to get it in month or so here. It was absolutely perfect for my Rose Tyler cosplay after searching high & low for the right one & just around the time I was going to get it you guys got rid of it I hope you do or something just like it!

Also, how much is your shipping in the US?

I apologize if my questions sound juvenile XD;
The Tricia wig is made by New Look, and we'll have them back in the store within the week.

Shipping in the USA depends on location, it's easiest to just add items to the cart and enter your zip code on the checkout page, and hit "Get a Quote". It will quote you the shipping total there.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #64
ForeverLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
The Tricia wig is made by New Look, and we'll have them back in the store within the week.

Shipping in the USA depends on location, it's easiest to just add items to the cart and enter your zip code on the checkout page, and hit "Get a Quote". It will quote you the shipping total there.
Aw really?! Sweet!! X3 Thank you so much!

& alrighty. True that. Thanks!
ForeverLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #65
UviB
Common sense, you has it?

You have 39 colors pictures, and when I look there is a color "Slate Grey" is that a color and is it darker than the Grey color? Thank you!
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #66
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

I forgot to say that the Slate Grey swatch won't be up until we take wig photos (which is now estimated to happen this weekend). It's a dark grey with a very slight blue toning to it. Probably best to wait till the image is up though.
Unread 12-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #67
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

We have around 30 wigs by New Look in our clearance section right now - up to 60% off! All are brand new and ready to ship. Once an item sells, it's gone - first come, first served.

http://shop.cosplay.com/clearance.html
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #68
Xindra

Will you guys be selling wefts at all? It'd be cool if we could order swatches too. I have a wig that I need to weft, but can't tell which shade of blonde it's closer to.
Xindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 01:38 AM   #69
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xindra View Post
Will you guys be selling wefts at all? It'd be cool if we could order swatches too. I have a wig that I need to weft, but can't tell which shade of blonde it's closer to.
Wefts are already in the store but we're putting the images up tomorrow. They're 24" long and came out even better than we'd actually asked for. We'll post a writeup on them shortly.

For swatches, we're in the process of having a color ring made, it should appear in the store in a couple of weeks.
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #70
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Wefted extension images will be up Monday, we weren't able to get the images done in time today. But, I can give a few more specifications now -

The old CosWorx wefted extensions were 24" long, 4 feet wide, and 3oz of hair, a fiber density of 0.75oz per foot in width.

Our new line's extensions are 24" long, 3 feet wide, and have 7oz of hair, for a fiber density of 2.3oz per foot in width. These new extensions are amazing, we can't wait to put the photos up tomorrow to show just how dense they are. We have extensions in all 40 colors.
Unread 12-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #71
Miasan

Will there be loose extensions (48") too?
Miasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #72
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

There should be 48" wefted extensions in 2012 - it's easy enough to just cut the weft off of the top to turn it into loose extensions. The price would have been the same anyway.
Unread 12-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #73
Miasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
There should be 48" wefted extensions in 2012 - it's easy enough to just cut the weft off of the top to turn it into loose extensions. The price would have been the same anyway.
48" wefted extensions? That's even better.
Miasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #74
Seraphica
Dreamer

Are any of the planned or new wigs especially good for pigtailed hair styles? I seem to always be interested in characters with their hair pulled back and split, and I don't like the "clip-ons" as much. (Sewing in those wefts causes even more issues when it comes to me xD)
Unread 12-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #75
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

These are images of the new wefted extensions. I've also included a comparison with the old CosWorx extensions.

Old extensions: 60" wide, 24" long, 3oz hair.
New extensions: 36" wide, 24" long, 7oz hair, clips along the top for easy adding to your wigs.

We wanted these new extensions to be as lush and dense as possible, and our manufacturer really delivered! The comparison shots below show the major improvement over our previous extensions.

These are already in the store (without the main product shot) for a pre-order discount. Delivery begins Dec 19.

Last edited by Admin : 12-12-2011 at 04:00 PM.