Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 04-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #31
Lemur_Bat
Classic Katara

May I join this lovely thread? I was directed here from the Dragon*Con Livejournal cause Iw as trying to find out about any ATLA or LoK meetups/photo shoots. Dedicated Katara cosplayer right here! Last year I completely missed the Avatar meetup on Sunday.
I plan to do Fire Nation Katara this year and have my plush Appa tagging along as well. I will also be bring a special guest this year: plush Foo Foo Cuddlypoops!
I realize the parade is a big meetup, but I'm not sure I want to march. Is there going to be a separate meetup on another day, or is Saturday the big day? I can easily do Katara on Saturday, but I've got other costumes to wear on the other days, so I wanna to have a bit of plan in advance.
Lemur_Bat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #32
usagianddarien

My son is doing Aang and I'm doing Momo, we would love to be int he parade
usagianddarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #33
usagianddarien

my son's aang well without the bald head and arrows but he'll have that for Dragoncon.
and here is my Momo so far still got to add some more details like brown veins on the wings:

usagianddarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #34
uplaw
:|

@RyRose123 Fire Ferrets Korra, I cam't wait to see!

@NoctisStar go for it!

@Richness There can never be too many swampbenders, please do. c:

@Lemur_Bat Welcome! Sorry to hear you missed it last year, but at least this year is going to be even better. B] Foo Foo Cuddlypoops?!? Really? DD That's awesome! We are deff going to have at least one regular photoshoot/meetup, and that's what this thread is for, to decide where/when. c: I'm likeing Saterday for a photoshoot, but I can we should have two at least, so it can work around everyone's scheduals? Or so people can at least go to one photoshoot.

@usagianddarien Lookin' great! Glad to have you guys along!
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #35
mentokjebus

well I know my atlanta bros are going to do at least 2 costumes, one for ATLA and one for Korra.

I will have some sort of Zuko on every day of Dragoncon, and I'm sure my friends will as well... I'm sure Uplaw has as many/more Sokkas than I have Zuko costumes at this point.
mentokjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #36
mentokjebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayyy-chan View Post
Chris, I thought we decided that you, Carey, and I were gonna be Mako, Bolin, and Korra at the parade with Sokka as Amon?
and Mike as Tenzin?
Didn't know that was the plan, it really depends on if my Mako costume ends up as good/better/comfortable as my Zuko outfit. Also since I'll have multiple outfits I can switch for more character variety depending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richness View Post
I'm not claiming a spot since I'd rather take pictures of the parade, but I did want to comment on the swampbenders. Really? Wow! I was considering them since my body shape resembles Huu, but I didn't want to subject everyone to seeing me in palm frond loin cloths. And certainly not in bright daylight marching down the middle of the street.
lol. Then do the version with the log bark armor or something? at minimum a swampbender will be a comfy and cool outfit in that terrible Atlanta summer heat.
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #37
Tayyy-chan
Team Zuko!

No, Mike's going to be an Equalist, because Sokka's being Amon. He doesn't feel comfortable being Tenzin, because he's not tall enough, and his face is too round. xD

I thought that was the plan, though. Cuz those are the only ATLA cosplays Sokka and I are bringing, cuz I can't afford Kyoshi Warriors this year. Well, that and the Promise.
Tayyy-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #38
A Grue

Yeah I thought D*Con was Korra Group Go-Time. That's what I'm counting on, anyway!
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #39
uplaw
:|

Yup, D*con is Korra and Promise con, but mostly Korra.
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #40
JadeMarie

Hey!!!
I was sent here by some people on LJ.
I was going to register a parade group fro Avatar LAB and LOK and noticed you had listed groups for both. I organized the Avatar group in 2010 and was looking to do a big mixed group of Last Airbender and Korra people this year. I still have the banners for the nations and was planning on making/ redoing the main banner to include both shows. If you would like to collaborate I think we could have a great turn out. I have a yahoo group from the 2010 group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avatar...der_DC_Parade/
and a Live Journal here: http://airbenderparade.livejournal.com/

Let me know what you think!

Take care,
Jade
JadeMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #41
muchandquick
Highly Adequate

I can throw my "Breakdown Azula in Robes" costume into the mix, if needed!

... I can also make a new costume as per the requirements of A Grue, and I have a husband who is willing to jump in (although he refuses to be Cabbage Man, sadface).

Last edited by muchandquick : 04-30-2012 at 07:38 AM.
muchandquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #42
mentokjebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeMarie View Post
Hey!!!
I was sent here by some people on LJ.
I was going to register a parade group fro Avatar LAB and LOK and noticed you had listed groups for both. I organized the Avatar group in 2010 and was looking to do a big mixed group of Last Airbender and Korra people this year. I still have the banners for the nations and was planning on making/ redoing the main banner to include both shows. If you would like to collaborate I think we could have a great turn out. I have a yahoo group from the 2010 group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avatar...der_DC_Parade/
and a Live Journal here: http://airbenderparade.livejournal.com/

Let me know what you think!

Take care,
Jade
Sick! I knew there must have been some representation of Atla at Dcon, but I could never find it so I just put in an entry. I've been trying to get them to take down my 8 person entry because 30 should be enough, but I guess if you're bringing in a new group I should leave it as 38? How many people were in the parade group when you organized it?
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #43
JadeMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentokjebus View Post
Sick! I knew there must have been some representation of Atla at Dcon, but I could never find it so I just put in an entry. I've been trying to get them to take down my 8 person entry because 30 should be enough, but I guess if you're bringing in a new group I should leave it as 38? How many people were in the parade group when you organized it?
We had 30 people and an Appa truck in 2010. It was a good turnout.
I am working on getting in touch people so the headcount is up in the air as of now.

It takes them a bit to respond to emails over at the parade yahoo group but they should get everything fixed for you. I would make it 45-50 people with banners/ flags just to be safe. In 2010 we just found random people that also wanted to walk with us on Friday.

I will keep you posted. I'm very excited I think I will get started redoing the main banner this weekend.
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #44
A Grue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeMarie View Post
We had 30 people and an Appa truck in 2010.
YOU were the guys behind the Appa Truck!?!?! I remember that! It was so awesome, I freaked out. <3 <3 <3 I hope 2012's parade turnout will be just as great.
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #45
JadeMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Grue View Post
YOU were the guys behind the Appa Truck!?!?! I remember that! It was so awesome, I freaked out. <3 <3 <3 I hope 2012's parade turnout will be just as great.
Yes that was our group! The people that had Appa worked so hard all summer and it was amazing. I am hoping they are able to go again this year.

Last edited by JadeMarie : 05-01-2012 at 09:32 PM.