Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 05-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #46
Roseathorn

I'm planning on marching in the parade as Ty Lee, some of you know me from Momo Con. I already asked Mentokjebus on Facebook so don't add me twice for the head count. I'm so excited I've been practicing walking on my hands so I'll be able to in the parade.
Roseathorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #47
Ashura Leingod
Atlas Photography Owner

Have you all been contacted to do a cosplay group photoshoot? If not, I would love to capture all of your works on my camera!
Ashura Leingod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #48
A Grue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashura Leingod View Post
Have you all been contacted to do a cosplay group photoshoot? If not, I would love to capture all of your works on my camera!
WOAH! What a generous offer, thank you! I'm not the ringleader of this, not by any means, but I think it would be awesome to have you photograph everyone!!! We still need to decided on a good time to meet- someone suggested either just before the parade or just after, because we know plenty of Avatar cosplayers will be in the parade (obviously, haha). So cool.
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #49
Ashura Leingod
Atlas Photography Owner

Haha, I might be in the parade as well as the Old Spice Guy (I did it last year as well)
Ashura Leingod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #50
RyRose123
Consulting Criminal

The more I think about it the more I really want to walk in the parade.... This means I'll have to wake up even earlier than usual...but I feel the longer I don't join in the more I'll regret it. Plus, it'll be awesome to meet all of you guys. I've watched it for years, but as for walking in it I'm a total newbie, so just push me in the right direction and I'll follow, hopefully.

Also, I'm torn between wigs right now and would love some input from you guys. I've decided that Arda Wigs's Jasmine is the best way to go (http://arda-wigs.com/collections/jasmine) but I'm divided on which color is more suitable for Korra. I can't decide between Spanish Brown or Mahogany... I'm leaning more towards Mahogany as it's the darker of the two but I'm not a fan of the red shades in it. I really love this wig as I would never have the patience to weft a different wig, but the color is killing me and even for all the years I've been cosplaying, dying wigs scares the crap out of me (yet, I dye my own hair...go figure).

My other option is to wait as long as I can to see if they make it in their dark brown (http://arda-wigs.com/collections/jea...-dark-brown-14) but who knows if or when that will happen. So, what say you, mahogany, spanish brown, wait, or do you know of a similarly wefted wig in a good color. My desperate option is dying my hair, but I am currently redheaded and planning on going Daenerys Targaeryen blonde and would rather not pile more dye on my hair before I have to bleach it.

TL;DR: Do I pick between the better of two close browns or wait and hope for the best?

Dragon*Con 2013:
Rosalind Lutece (w/ brother as Robert) - Bioshock Infinite

AWA 2013
Fire Ferrets Korra - Legend of Korra
RyRose123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #51
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Hey im just curious does anyonr have room in their hotels? ^^
Btw, I'll be mako with a bolin. Thats if I can get a room tho Dx

CyberCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #52
uplaw
:|

@RyRose I would go with the Spanish Brown, I've compared both colors in their user gallery and I think it suits Korra more. c:

@Cyber I don't right now but good luck!
Unread 06-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #53
SonyaX

I've been writing in the LJ group and the Yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avatar...arade/messages
Just thought I'd chime in here as well. I'll be doing the parade as well as being out and about at the con. I and my hubby and 3 kids are cosplaying as Tenzin and fam. Boy did the kids like the season ender where the airbender kids got to kick butt! I'll also have my ever popular Appa stroller, now of course renamed Oogi.
We've done Iroh, Ursa, Azula, Zuko and Aang (baby with knitted blue arrow cap in the Appa stroller) in previous cons, so this is our second set of full-family Avatar costumes. We might wear them on non-parade days.
I saw a really awesome Dragoncon-bound Bolin costume on a different thread here. I am so looking forward to seeing all the new costumes! We totally have to do a photo shoot after the parade.
SonyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #54
Richness
More costume than cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyaX View Post
I and my hubby and 3 kids are cosplaying as Tenzin and fam.
This show just caters perfectly to your family, doesn't it?
Richness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #55
SonyaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richness View Post
This show just caters perfectly to your family, doesn't it?
Honestly we were pretty thrilled to find a family with three kids on the new show. My kids aren't quite the right ages (oldest is 12, youngest is 2), and I'm not pregnant, but I figure it's close enough. Hubby joked about knocking me up for a more accurate costuming but he got a big no .

I'm finishing up Tenzin and Pema this week. The kid are a little slower to finish their costumes (the two oldest sew their own). I've been thinking about the closures on the kids' outfits. I'm assuming ball and loop is the way to go, but can't find a cheapish source for those. Anybody have any cheaty tips for an appropriate looking closures that's easy to do at home? Would toggles or buttons look wrong?
SonyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #56
godmi

I'm going to attempt an Equalist fighter costume. :] Does anyone know of other people who've done the costumes? I've had terrible luck searching.
godmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #57
mentokjebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by godmi View Post
I'm going to attempt an Equalist fighter costume. :] Does anyone know of other people who've done the costumes? I've had terrible luck searching.
sorta like these 2?

http://thegadgetfish.tumblr.com/post...ist-henchwoman
mentokjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #58
usagianddarien

Wow those egualist cosplays are awesome

I can't wait to see all the new Korra cosplays

My cosplay facebook: https://www.facebook.com/usagianddarienshoes
usagianddarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #59
godmi

@mentokjebus: AH YES THANK YOU! Looks like I'm going to be putting together a jumpsuit of some sort. Yippee!

Am I correct in assuming that there is a parade group? I've seen the parade 3 times, but never participated. What is it like? Aside from probably hot and humid. xD
godmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #60
leaux
Lumpy Space Medic

I'm new to this thread, and I haven't contacted this group through any other avenue yet, but I'm planning on bringing my Lin Beifong costume to D*C this year, and would love to march with all of you in the parade.
leaux is offline   Reply With Quote