Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 06-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #61
nerdyblathering

I'm new to the thread as well! I've just put a message up on the yahoo group, but figured I'd put one here, too! I'm bringing an older Toph cosplay (like flashback-era, metalbending cop Toph) and it'd be so much fun if I could march with you guys! I think my mom may be tagging along with me as Lin, too! I can't wait to see all of these costumes. Gonna be a blast.
-Anything else I can afford.

2012 Cosplay
-Sailor Jupiter (AWA, possibly Dragon*Con)
-Katniss Everdeen (Dragon*Con)
-Older Toph Bei Fong (Dragon*Con/AWA)

Future Cosplay
-Lumpy Space Princess
-Something MLP
nerdyblathering is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #62
elfqueenvik

uuuummm sssoooo I was planning on doing a Korra costume next year, but I caved and didn't want to wait so Im gonna be Korra this year. The costume is already 90% done.
Unread 07-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #63
mentokjebus

ok folks I now have 60 slots for Dcon, if you want to bring a themed vehicle to add to the appamobile please contact me by pm or facebook (tangy teng)

I have us down as using vehicles, banners/flags, and performing contact juggling/martial arts.
mentokjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #64
uplaw
:|

Hey guys, nice to see some new faces in here, welcome!
Cyber Candy says she probably won't be able to make it this year, so I'm taking over haha.
I think 3 different photoshoots will be sufficient to fit everyone's schedules. I'm still relatively new to D*Con though so I'm not sure where we should have these shoots at. Also if you guys are up for it, we usually have an Avatar dinner after one of the shoots, though maybe an Avatar lunch would be more appropriate since most of these shoots are around lunchtime. I think a Chinese restaurant would work nicely. If you guys are interested we should take a headcount and get a reservation.

As far as shoots go, I think we should have one sometime in the earlier half of Friday, not sure when though.
On Saturday there will be a photoshoot at 11:30 after the parade. We could all meet up somewhere and walk to the parade location too if you guys want.
And on Sunday I think a shoot around noon would be good too.
What do you guys think?
Unread 07-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #65
elfqueenvik

if you looking for location Ideas check out this thread.
http://dragoncon.livejournal.com/2043197.html
(as a side not the suntrust building is no longer allowing photoshoots during draagon con at thhier bilding.)

I like the idea of multiple shoots and I will try to be at one of them If I can. If you need any assistance uplaw let me know. I will do what I can to help. (Id suggest having the Fridays shoot in the similar time frame as the others between 11 -noonish perhaps a tad after.)
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #66
uplaw
:|

Thanks so much Queen Vik! If you would like to help me run the shoot/s that would be great. c:

How about 12:30 for the Friday shoot, does that work for you guys?
As for locations, how about Hardy Ivy Park for Friday, the Sheraton Pool atrium for Saturday, and the Marriott 10th Floor for Sunday?
Unread 07-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #67
SonyaX

I like the Sheraton Pool on Saturday. We're staying there so that works for me. That's an after-the-parade shoot right? Anybody else at the Sheraton? I've never stayed there before, but it was only $100/night on Hotwire so it was kind of hard to pass up.

I finished Pema today! Tenzin is almost done. The kids are lagging behind with sewing their costumes, but I'm sure they'll catch up.

I am so looking forward to seeing the awesome costumes!
SonyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #68
elfqueenvik

12:30 friday sounds good for me, I may be at the Friday shoot (or the sunday shoot), sat is booked solid for me. I can certainly help herd cats err help run one of the shoots.

What you may want to do is have a big group shoot then pic for each separate series (last airbender then Korra) and perhaps sub shoots for heroes and villans or some vs pics. I will let you know asap what day i'm down for I want to be at the Friday shoot as my Korra costume is super comfortable. You may also want to find a set photographer for each shoot. I hope all of this helps.

I have stayed at the Sheraton before and I liked it a lot walk time vs elevator time can be quicker or about even.

Last edited by elfqueenvik : 07-03-2012 at 06:46 PM.
elfqueenvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #69
mentokjebus

a good reference for godmi

http://i.imgur.com/YqBlM.jpg
Unread 07-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #70
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Friday for the shoot works out well for me. Looking forward to the parade, too.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #71
Lemur_Bat
Classic Katara

Oooo! Count me in for the Saturday shoot! So tentatively, it's at 11:30, after the parade at the Sheraton Pool Atrium? Hmm, Fire Nation Katara should be in waterbender heaven being at a pool.
I'm especially excited cause I finally found the perfect jewelry for Katara's arm cuffs and plan to hand-make her Fire Nation necklace. I'll more or less have a complete ensemble. Yay!
Lemur_Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #72
Richness
More costume than cosplay

You're welcome to go wherever you want, but I highly recommend that you avoid the 10th Floor of the Marriott for a photoshoot. I'd classify it the same way as people try to discourage photoshoots on the Atrium level or near the Hyatt's ballrooms (though the latter restriction seems to have been lifted due to everyone migrating to the Marriott). While there is plenty of room up there, getting there is an absolute nightmare. Since I don't do mornings that well, it might not be that bad, but I suspect the elevators will see plenty of use as people come and go around lunch time.

The 3 times I had to get there in the afternoons and evenings last year, it was almost impossible. The wait times and bad behavior were equal to the worst horror stories ever told about the Hyatt's elevators. And trust me, you won't feel like doing a photoshoot after going up 20 flights of stairs.
Richness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #73
godmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentokjebus View Post
a good reference for godmi

http://i.imgur.com/YqBlM.jpg
Seriously this helps SO MUCH. You're my new favorite. <3 As for the photoshoot, as long as it doesn't clash with the DC photoshoot, I am so there.
godmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #74
usagianddarien

My son and I are in for a saturday photo shoot

My cosplay facebook: https://www.facebook.com/usagianddarienshoes
usagianddarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #75
mentokjebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur_Bat View Post
Oooo! Count me in for the Saturday shoot! So tentatively, it's at 11:30, after the parade at the Sheraton Pool Atrium?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richness View Post
You're welcome to go wherever you want, but I highly recommend that you avoid the 10th Floor of the Marriott for a photoshoot. I'd classify it the same way as people try to discourage photoshoots on the Atrium level or near the Hyatt's ballrooms (though the latter restriction seems to have been lifted due to everyone migrating to the Marriott). .
I would have to suggest against the Sheraton Pool area. It is blazingly hot in there. I was there for final fantasy last year and the humidity of the pool really makes it unbearable