Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Super Smash Bros.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Zymod
The Hylian

Ice-Climbers Cosplay!!

Hey guys!!

I'm wondering if anyone has a method my friend and I could use to make Popo and Nana's stupidly huge mallets? XD We wanted them to be fairly solid and weigh a bit. :P
And we also wanted to know the best way to go about making the jacket? Were slightly modifying the characters a little so there more humanoid than gorgeous puffs of fluff with mallets, so we have decided on:
POPO:
- Basic Blue Hoodie with white fur around the hood, down the centre, on the sleeves and hem.
- Blue trackies
- Brown Ugg Boots
- Brown Gloves

NANA:
- The Same hoodie as Popo but in Pink
- Pink Leggings
- Brown ugg boots
- Brown gloves

With the hoodies, we wanted a 'flap' thingie that goes around the neck with the thinner line of fur on it.....

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/chara..._070914d-l.jpg

You can see it in that picture of them. We wanted to know the best way to get that.

Thank for any help!!
<3
~Zymod
Zymod is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #2
CaitSith
<3 Rock 'n' Roll <3

I'd be using fake fur with the jackets. And get those hoodie jackets that aren't just cotton, the kinda fluffy ones :3 awwwwww its gonna look so cute! I really want to do an IC cosplay with my best buddy. As for the mallets, wood handle and hard foam for the top.
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

As someone who has toted around the giant mallets, you don't want them to 'weigh a bit'. They get heavy and obnoxious REALLY quickly, especially in crowded areas because you end up needed to carry them over people's heads.

To make our coats and hoods, I actually used a generic solid shirt pattern for the basic shape and added the trim/opening. The hoods are patterned off another hood pattern I had with a circle attached. They went over the top of the coat. You could also use Green Pepper 543 and just extend the bottom and leave off the pockets.

ETA: WTF? Why did this show up as a new post for me?