Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 12-10-2003, 09:14 PM   #1
KHs_Sora
Got Kingdom Hearts?

Diana in Human Form

This is my Friends costume she made, what do you think of it? http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/jac...j2003-1683.jpg

Unread 12-10-2003, 09:45 PM   #2
Cait

Overall, its nice. But, she's not a small child like the drawn Diana, so it would be nicer if she had a little more precision accuracy.

Could use work.
1) The gray dress and white petticoat/under skirt can't be told apart very easily. Perhaps dye the gray a little darker?
2) There are so few bells on the dress! Shouldn't there be another one in the middle?
3) Shouldn't the two lines on the bodice line up with the ribbons attached to the bell?
4) The bell on the collar is a little small. She's suposed to be a little girl! The larger accessories the cuter, ne?
5) Wig, please?

I really like.
1) The tail. It stands up well and matches.
2) The skirt. It sticks out perfectly!
3) The character selection. Yeah for Diana!
4) The moon on the forehead. It stands out nicely.
Cait is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2003, 07:16 PM   #3
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

I do really like the way you did the skirt. (Wire in the hem?)

Hair does need work... Diana's got such an adorable style!
Unread 12-11-2003, 09:20 PM   #4
Lil_Sexy_Yuna

T/Y all! I need to know how much you could pay for ALL of it! Coz I am trying to come up with about $400 for another costume. And I don't think I can get back into Diana:S
Lil_Sexy_Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2003, 10:16 PM   #5
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Sexy_Yuna
T/Y all! I need to know how much you could pay for ALL of it! Coz I am trying to come up with about $400 for another costume. And I don't think I can get back into Diana:S
What people pay depends upon the quality of the costume (accuracy, materials, how well it's made in gerneral [is it lined? serged? all edges finished? etc], how much time went into it (if a commission), and if they love the character.

I don't think you'd be able to get 400$ for it, unfortunately. Some people sell their costumes on ebay and get maybe around 100$ for average costumers.

Why do you need so much money for one costume, anyway? Maybe you could look into alternate materials or something.

As for the costume, the dress is cute, and I like whatever you did with the skirt. And the moon crest. I do agree that the hair needs some work, though.
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2003, 10:41 PM   #6
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

yeah i sell my stuff on ebay and people WHINE that my prices are too high. I mean I normally set my starting bid at just the cost of fabric not anything for time. personally I wouldn't pay 400 for that. I don't mean to be harsh about it but it's just that it doesn't seem to have enough detail and work involved to merit a $400 cost. If it were say super intricate and what not then yeah... It does look cute though and yeah I'd go with bigger bells so it'll help make you look smaller.

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2003, 07:37 AM   #7
KHs_Sora
Got Kingdom Hearts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaka No Baka
yeah i sell my stuff on ebay and people WHINE that my prices are too high. I mean I normally set my starting bid at just the cost of fabric not anything for time. personally I wouldn't pay 400 for that. I don't mean to be harsh about it but it's just that it doesn't seem to have enough detail and work involved to merit a $400 cost. If it were say super intricate and what not then yeah... It does look cute though and yeah I'd go with bigger bells so it'll help make you look smaller.

Miaka no Baka
No shes not selling it for $400 she needs $400
Unread 12-12-2003, 08:35 AM   #8
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

ohh ok then ^_^; as for how much you can get... you'll be lucky to get 100 or so for it on ebay. Like I said people on ebay wanna get it for as cheap as possible and not everyone understands how much work goes into making something.

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote