Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 12-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Wink Embarrassing Anime-Related Confessions.

This Thread has to do with things that you've all done in the past that spawned from your love for a certain anime/anime in general that, as you reflect on them now, embarrass you to no end.
This has nothing to do with being in character while being in cosplay since it makes sense to be in character while in costume...unless what embarrasses you has to do with something you've done while in character!

I'll give a personal example!

When I was younger, one of my favorite animes was Inu Yasha, I fell in love with it the moment I saw the first episode on [adult swim] and I went out to Borders every weekend I could to buy another issue of the manga.

I loved the anime soooo much that one year I asked my mother if she would buy me a little archery set...but the part I didn't tell her was that the reason I really wanted it was so that I could feel like Kagome whom's main form of defense was archery.
So, she bought me a little set, nothing expensive, but made well enough that it would last to entertain my horribly embarrassing habit.
(I still have the bow and arrows downstairs in the basement, I feel dumb every time I look at them! Ick!)

Whenever I would get home from school, I would run around the yard, setting up things along the fence posts and unleash arrows at said objects whilst screaming: "INU YASHA" at the top of my little child lungs.
No one was ever around to hear, thank goodness, but I swore up and down that if I sat out there and practiced enough, one day I would be able to shoot holy arrows just like Kagome does.

There's one of my terribly cringe-worthy stories(I have more, ugh) and I hope that you all will share some of yours with me, maybe we can have a good laugh or two!

Future Costume(s):
*Human!Charlotte the Witch - Puella Magi Madoka Magica (In the process of commissioning)

Completed Costumes:
None right now!

Conventions I Attend/Will Be Attending:
*Animazement 2015

I also have a tumblr, click me to see!

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

When I was in 7th grade, I liked Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing so much that I asked my mom to braid my long hair like his, and I had this black jacket and red turtleneck that I wore to look like him from the Endless Waltz movie. I also wrote a crapton of GW fanfiction in which my original character was a love interest of his. Wasn't ashamed at all because I had friends who loved reading my stories, and sometimes we'd even collaborate, lol.

This isn't really embarrassing, but the reason why I ended up getting three piercings in each ear as a teenager was because I thought it looked cool on Super Sailor Mercury (not sure if they were three earrings or just one that looked like a trail of bubbles, but at the time I thought it was the former). My mom was worried about me being some kind of rebel, lol.

As an adult, my friend and I occasionally have themed parties--just the two of us--based on a series or character we both like. The first two times we did a Sonic and Hello Kitty-themed party because we both had these plushies of Hello Kitty dressed up as Sonic. The party included apples and chili dogs.

A few months ago we did a Tiger & Bunny party, where I cosplayed as fem!Kotetsu and she wore glasses and curled her hair like Barnaby's. We took photos in a photo booth, cooked fried rice, bought a bunch of food to match with the Hero sponsors, and I put my entire figurine collection on display, as well as taping up these T&B file folders on my wall. And then we watched the series and the first movie while eating, lol.

In Progress:
  • Sailor Star Healer (Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars)
  • Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
  • [Secret Project]

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Back when I was in middle school, my younger brothers LOVED "playing Dragonball"..As in we would all run around outside pretending to be Dragonball characters..I really wasn't into it because I'm older, but they are my brothers, it's good to endure it to let them also have fun. It was really embarrassing though..I had friends living near us..We lived in a mobile home park at the time so everyone knew everyone..
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

I made a Hetalia self-insert nation OC. So did all my friends. We did roleplays on deviantArt.

For cosplay photos and selfies, please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruttaKanashii View Post
I made a Hetalia self-insert nation OC. So did all my friends. We did roleplays on deviantArt.
That's the darkest confession so far.

How about a recent one from me: I wanted to grow out my hair to look like Levi's. Yeah. Not really a fan of the character, but apparently his hair was fantastic. I disguised my hairstyle change by laughing about how I have 90s sitcom boy hair.
Eventually I realized my hair doesn't look like that at all (what with being real and all), and I cut a thousand layers into my hair. Ironically, it looks like Eren's now.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
Ayekasong
Gaming Addict

I used to daydream about becoming an actress so I could play Sailor Neptune in a live-action Sailor Moon movie. :x

Next up: ???
Cons for 2015 - Madison Comic Con :: Costume Con :: Geek.Kon :: Archon
My ACP page

Publicity head for Costume Con 2016 (Madison, WI). Interested? Ask me questions!
Ayekasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
TitanSlayer000
Eh

When I was really little, probably around 5, I was convinced that one day I'd find a tunnel into the Pokemon world and be the best Pokemon trainer, and defeat Team Rocket by myself with my Pikachu.
Unread 12-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruttaKanashii View Post
I shivered from second-hand embarrassment.
Have you ever looked back at those old conversations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanSlayer000 View Post
When I was really little, probably around 5, I was convinced that one day I'd find a tunnel into the Pokemon world and be the best Pokemon trainer, and defeat Team Rocket by myself with my Pikachu.
Woah, that's not embarrassing!
I also thought that I would find a Pokemon in the real world myself and that we would go on awesome adventures.

I used to pretend that the protagonist in the Pokemon games was me and I would dramatically voice act everything(when no one was around).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Back when I was in middle school, my younger brothers LOVED "playing Dragonball"..As in we would all run around outside pretending to be Dragonball characters..I really wasn't into it because I'm older, but they are my brothers, it's good to endure it to let them also have fun. It was really embarrassing though..I had friends living near us..We lived in a mobile home park at the time so everyone knew everyone..
Personally, I think that's hilarious!
I understand your embarrassment, though, especially since everyone in your neighborhood knew everyone else...but I'm sure your little brother had a blast pretending he was a Dragon Ball Z character!

Future Costume(s):
*Human!Charlotte the Witch - Puella Magi Madoka Magica (In the process of commissioning)

Completed Costumes:
None right now!

*Animazement 2015

Last edited by Michi : 12-18-2014 at 06:28 AM. Reason: merging
Unread 12-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
Alichuu
The Kitsune

My Narutard phase was probably the worse lol I use to be so obsessed with Naruto from middle school to early high school. Oh man was it bad and I use to have this huge crush on Itachi Uchiha xD and then senior year I had this 2D is better than 3D phase...thankfully that one was short lol
Alichuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #10
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bubbles View Post
I shivered from second-hand embarrassment.
Have you ever looked back at those old conversations?
Yup. We were all terrible.
I was never one of the seriously embarrassing fans, though. I had straight A's in my history class. I only made the OC because my friend insisted. And most of the embarrassing self-insert art was never posted!
I think not being a bad fan at 15 is part of why I'm still a good fan at 19.

For cosplay photos and selfies, please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
Rikki chan
Otaku Gamer Disney Geek

This is the only thing I can think of at the moment. When I was 6 or 7 when Sailor Moon was still on Cartoon Network, I would stand in front of the TV doing her poses and I would always sing that theme song.
Tinker bell 75%
Vaporeon 30%
Eternal Sailor Moon 25%
Elsa 15%
Lucy Heartfillia 5%

Planned
Ember Mclain from Danny Phantom
Angel from Lilo and Stitch
Risa from DNAngel
Maka from Soul Eater
Princess Celestia from MLP
Cat Princess Rikki (my OC)
Rikki chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #12
MissBeckyRae
Welcome to My World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki chan View Post
This is the only thing I can think of at the moment. When I was 6 or 7 when Sailor Moon was still on Cartoon Network, I would stand in front of the TV doing her poses and I would always sing that theme song.
I did this too. And whenever I got dressed, I used to imagine I was having my own magical girl transformation sequence.

Then there was my Pokemon phase when I was 7. I had so much Pokemon merchandise in my room, I renamed my room the Pokemon Palace. I also had the biggest crush on Gary, but I'm not sure why. And then once the Johto League aired and Gary started losing his attitude, I lost interest.

A few months before I turned 9, Yu-Gi-Oh started getting really popular and so I used to imagine I could banish all the kids who bullied me to the shadow realm. I also remember having a crush on Mokuba Kaiba, but then again I was still pretty young when I started watching Yu-Gi-Oh so it kinda makes sense.

In Progress:
Diamond Tiara (My Little Pony) 60%
Marie Kanker (Ed, Edd, N Eddy): 75%
Fem!France (Hetalia): 90%
Human Luna (Sailor Moon): 20%

All my cosplay/randomness goes here:
http://americandreamgirl98.deviantart.com/
MissBeckyRae is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #13
AnimeAndMusical

A few times a couple of years ago, I turned (out of context) quotes into horrible attempts at flirting when I was drunk. My worst attempt (that I remember) was a Doctor Who themed one, but there have been a few from anime as well. Thankfully, everyone who has been on the receiving end of it thought it was hilarious.
Unread 12-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #14
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alichuu View Post
My Narutard phase was probably the worse lol I use to be so obsessed with Naruto from middle school to early high school. Oh man was it bad and I use to have this huge crush on Itachi Uchiha xD and then senior year I had this 2D is better than 3D phase...thankfully that one was short lol
Oh man, I totally understand that stuff.
My first anime-love came into my world when I was 10 and his name was Miroku.
Y'know, from Inu Yasha.
I swore up and down that if he ever found some way to be real, I would totally be his girlfriend.
I loved him to the point it was disgusting, like, if I saw a picture of him on the Internet I would do these really gross "squee'ing" noises and I would post the picture on some anime website with a caption that had lots of <3333's and XD's. Not to mention :3's.(Not saying there is anything wrong with these emoticons, far from it, but you can all imagine how annoying a flood of them in a caption is.)
Oh the days.
Thank goodness they're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeAndMusical View Post
A few times a couple of years ago, I turned (out of context) quotes into horrible attempts at flirting when I was drunk. My worst attempt (that I remember) was a Doctor Who themed one, but there have been a few from anime as well. Thankfully, everyone who has been on the receiving end of it thought it was hilarious.
Well, reading that gave me a good giggle so I can only imagine the laugh that those hearing the lines had!

Future Costume(s):

Completed Costumes:
None right now!

*Animazement 2015

Last edited by Michi : 12-18-2014 at 06:26 AM. Reason: merging
Unread 12-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #15
Alichuu
The Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bubbles View Post
Oh man, I totally understand that stuff.
My first anime-love came into my world when I was 10 and his name was Miroku.
Y'know, from Inu Yasha.
I swore up and down that if he ever found some way to be real, I would totally be his girlfriend.
I loved him to the point it was disgusting, like, if I saw a picture of him on the Internet I would do these really gross "squee'ing" noises and I would post the picture on some anime website with a caption that had lots of <3333's and XD's. Not to mention :3's.(Not saying there is anything wrong with these emoticons, far from it, but you can all imagine how annoying a flood of them in a caption is.)
Oh the days.
Thank goodness they're done.
Duuude I cried when Itachi died in the manga...like I took it so damn seriously and it's what made me quit the series xD and man oh man I use to reject guys in high school because they weren't 2D hahha
Alichuu is offline   Reply With Quote