Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 05-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Good Things/Recent Happiness Thread!

Since we have a ranting/venting thread, why not have a thread to talk about the good things that have happened to us lately?

Did you make progress on your cosplay? Did you do well on that big assignment? Did something good and unexpected happen today? Did somebody show you something funny today?

Share the things that make you smile!
  • Magic Armor Link 2.0 (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 50% (Armor Revamp) Summer 2015
  • Genderbend Makoto (Free! Eternal Summer): 93% (Final Touches) Colossalcon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

A little late date-wise since it was exactly a week ago, but MY AWFUL ROOMMATE MOVED OUT AT LAST! Anyone who saw my more recent rant posts knows what a HORRIBLE situation he was making for everyone else renting here.
And, it's gorgeous and summery outside and I've been drinking it in while I finish my cosplays for AN (that also look to almost certainly be done on time after a few panicky weeks when making a jacket mockup).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
BisectedBrioche
Aspiring pâtissière

My several months of having to live at my grandma's house are coming to a close: I'll be beginning the process of moving out this weekend, and my new home'll be closer to my a job and the nearby college (I'm looking to go back and do a culinary course).

Not to mention I'll be able to dress androgynously without having to answer dozens of irritating questions.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #4
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

I have plans to go LARP and cosplay shopping with some friends over the weekend and I'm really looking forward to getting out of the house xD Plus I love digging for treasures in thrift stores hehe

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
Akiyhrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #5
Danteisagenius
One. Crazy. Bat.

So, like.... the ghost at work pushed our Coffee Machine off of the countertop!? Don't know what happened, but the boss and I were having a real good laugh about it. Think he was trying to help us move it, so we could install the new one... then realized that he was a ghost... and couldn't carry machinery....and *BANG!* XD

Annnnnd.... almost made a real, living, breathing friend today! Which is usually pretty hard for me to do without the internet as a crutch. >< Got high hopes, got high hopes!

- sincerely, the Opportunist.
Dante|Vergil|Hiruma Yoichi|Moka Akashiya|(???)
__________________________________________________ _____________
YouTube
Facebook (Where I actually update my photos...)
World Cosplay
Twitter
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #6
AntonJackson

a little late, but I finally got the lens I've been saving up for, a 70 200 which I got to use in the little convention at Anime jungle
AntonJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2015, 11:32 PM   #7
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

So we decided to go to the mall I work at to get some new shoes (mall employee discounts are well worth it since I wear skate shoes) and on the way out, my mom sees a weapon of some kind (she didn't know what it was) and goes "Woa hey look at that, that's kool!" and I look, and I'm looking through the store window and there hanging on a pillar is a Keyblade..It's the Pumpkin Head Keyblade you get in Kingdom Hearts 1 from Halloween Town. I'm like "HOLY SHIT!! KEYBLADE!!" right? so I go in and there's no price with it..So I go up to the register to ask, and on the wall I see 2 Hylian Shields from the Zelda games!! And under it, a Master sword. Next to it? Bleach swords, a steel Weiss sword from RWBY and Lightnings gunblade from Final Fantasy 13. I'm stoked as shit now..So then while he rang out the people before me, I look right. And what do I see? Asuna's sword from Sword Art Online! Then Cloud's Fusion Sword from the Final Fantasy 7 movie..The crappy small one though becasue there is NO licensed one that's correct size. Then I'm like what else is in this eye candy store..I look left and KILL LA KILL SCISSOR BLADES!! Correct sized and everything. $60 or the pair!! I put $15 down today and am paying it off tomorrow. I'm so happy I went in for shoes now haha Might pick up the keyblade too if I feel like it..

Also, work has been noticing my hard work and giving me more hours. So that's a HUGE help.
-Peach (Super Smash bros 3DS)
-Gohan (DBZ, Cell Saga, Either SSJ1 or SSJ2)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2015, 11:36 PM   #8
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Oh man, that's pretty crazy. What store was it, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Magic Armor Link 2.0 (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 50% (Armor Revamp) Summer 2015
  • Genderbend Makoto (Free! Eternal Summer): 93% (Final Touches) Colossalcon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2015, 12:54 AM   #9
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Oh man, that's pretty crazy. What store was it, if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry. No idea..Whish I knew..I didn't think to look at any signs lol I'm going back tomorrow so I can look and let you know.
Unread 05-08-2015, 02:33 AM   #10
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I finished my final project in Apparel Construction early. So now I can use class time to work on personal stuff. I ordered fabric to make a swimsuit!Elsa but I'm not sure if it will come in before my next class on Tuesday. I might just get material to make regular Elsa so I have something to do.

A-Kon: Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) - Absol gijinka (Pokemon) - fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #11
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

It's Friday!!!

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
Unread 05-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #12
Ilafatyu
That guy

This week I interviewed at a Joann's, got a perfect score on my final project and the presentation for it, and then got an email that I'd been offered the position. Now all I have to do is wait for paperwork to go through, and everything's going to be okay.

facebook page // nh/mass cosplay events
Next con: PortConMaine

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #13
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
This week I interviewed at a Joann's, got a perfect score on my final project and the presentation for it, and then got an email that I'd been offered the position. Now all I have to do is wait for paperwork to go through, and everything's going to be okay.
That's awesome!! Congratulations!

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
Unread 05-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #14
cactusmomma
Let's play!

My 11-yo is about to become a middle schooler in a couple weeks and my 3 month old is about to hit nap status. If this piece of leather cooperates with the rest of this costume working, then I can be finished by tonight and all will be perfect.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #15
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Well, Stars, I went there today, only to find that the store has no visible name..Like, where there'd normally be a sign displaying the stores name, there was all of nothing..And I can barely understand the guy, so asking him doesn't do much good, and I saw no business cards. I don't think he understands English very well becasue I asked 4 times to see something before he finally realized what I was asking him....Each time..Like it took multiple times asking about any given item before he understood what I was saying. And there were no visible business cards, not that I could see anyway.

However I did look at some other prices on things. Which was a good idea. They have metal Attack On Titan swords for pretty cheap. $100 for a static sword, as in with no moving parts. $149 for one that was more accurate, and the bike brake you could squeeze and had a much nicer cord on the butt of it (look more "cable" ish rather than the static sword which just had a rope. in the series the handles are connected to the gear by a cable). And the wooden con legal ones were only freaking $25!! So I'll be picking 2 of those up too lol

EDIT:
Uploaded a picture of the Scissor Blades to DA. It's a combo of 2 pics. One of both pieces, and one of me holding them up to show size.
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/a...ades-531799991

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 05-08-2015 at 02:23 PM.