Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #1516
sam vimes
A real live wire

Bout time you made Penn Jillette your avatar, Drawberry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #1517
Logia1300
Cosplay Pirates Captain

GAAAH!! I was just talking with my friend about possible cosplays he could do and we got to One Piece and just ended up arguing about it. He doesn't watch it cause he thinks the art is "shitty" and the show "sucks".
1. The art is beautiful especially the manga, I'll admit some episodes look like shit cause those animators are terrible. It's just a different more cartoony style than those darker serious ones. I don't see why so many people hate on it. They're just missing out on the best anime ever!
2. He loves Fairy Tail more than anything and I told him it looks EXACTLY like Fairy Tail. If you compare current episodes of OP anime to current FT. It's pretty similar they both have the cartoony look. If anyone's ever seen both manga's they look exactly the same! When I first saw FT I thought it was done by Eichiro Oda cause Natsu looked just like Luffy, Ultear > Robin, Lucy > Nami like it was uncanny how similar they looked.
3. He's so god damn shallow, stubborn, and close-minded. Without even giving One Piece a chance and never intends to. It just gets me so angry because OP is such an amazing story. AAAARGHH RAAAAGGGGEEE!!!! It was just so frustrating I couldn't/didn't even want to talk to him.
Logia1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #1518
itlookslikerain

Have you ever lived with a roommate?

You know when you've just had enough of the outside world for awhile, so you close your door so you can veg out and relax after a long day? Under normal circumstances, I can do that, and things are just ducky. However, today, for whatever reason, my roommate has decided that she's going to read me "funny facebook statuses" from her friends and relatives from her room. Which means she's shouting. Through a wall.

I don't know your stupid friends, and I don't know your family. I don't CARE to hear status updates from people I will never give two figs about. STOP TALKING TO ME THROUGH THE GODDAMNED WALL #Q$%(@#$%@#

shemovesouttomorrowshemovesouttomorrowshemovesoutt omorrowshemovesouttomorrow *BREATHE*

I need ice cream. Or to destroy something beyond recognition.

Next Con: Calgary Comic and Toy - September 2012
itlookslikerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #1519
sweetnsassy
*swish swish stab*

If anyone ever says that working in a library is stress-free and easy, kick them in the crotch. Hard. This week alone, I have had two patrons give me grief over things I have absolutely no control over. One was mad because I couldn't renew her items because someone else requested them. The other didn't want to pay her $6 fines. I don't know if it's the neighborhood (kinda rich, super entitled) or if I just have a target on my person somewhere. Soooo frustrated with the public right now. I really need to open a shop on Etsy or create a cult or something. Anything to get away from here.

@itlookslikerain: I can sympathize. I live with my friend and her boyfriend. Nothing like coming home at 10 pm and hearing the mattress squeaking cause they don't shut the goddamn door. Not to mention the messes left in the kitchen and clothes left in the washer/dryer for days at a time.

WIP cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (earth kindgom): 90%
Toph Bei Fong (fire nation): 90%

Future cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (Bei Fong estate gown):0%
Haruhi Fujioka (final episode ballgown): 0%
Ciel Phantomhive (green suit): 0%

Last edited by sweetnsassy : 04-12-2012 at 06:34 PM.
sweetnsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #1520
itlookslikerain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsassy View Post
I can sympathize. I live with my friend and her boyfriend. Nothing like coming home at 10 pm and hearing the mattress squeaking cause they don't shut the goddamn door.
Siiiiiiick. I'll thank my lucky stars that I haven't had THAT problem. barf!

Next Con: Calgary Comic and Toy - September 2012
itlookslikerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #1521
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I'm beginning to regret buying Shoot All Robots on the strength of the trailer. It was fun at first, but now that I've got past the first few levels it's all identical and each level is either one you can get 5 stars on in the first few tries or are doomed to never exceed 3.

That's £7 I won't be getting back...

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #1522
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Finally got dinner. I feel guilty. Before I even take a bite I feel guilty for dinner. Went to Mcdonalds with Boyfriend and got one their pure Angus beef burgers with lots of veggies on top and no sauces. This single burger alone feels' like it's the reason why my diet and exercise isn't going to work. I haven't even eaten it yet and I already hate myself for it.

In case your wondering, no I don't get these often and I eat very little earlier in the day. After dinner I'll be doing 5 x as much exercise as I'll need to even burn this off and the protein will be good for me for the exercise.

But I still feel crappy.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #1523
Kildread
I can fix it!

I haven't had roommates (Or flatmates) in forever.

Or maybe the expression should be "I don't have them anymore" --- but I haven't cleaned up the attic yet.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #1524
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Don't feel guilty about dinner. I decided t otry out a dessert cafe for lunch. I got a HUGE crepe that was essentially a tuna salad sandwich, and it wasso big I couldn't finish it.
...then I ordered dessert. I decided to go with a one-scoop undae, of dulce de leche ice cream with caramel sauce and some sprinkle of caramel cups.
What comes back? A HUGE sundae that was closer to two coops, in a waffle bowl, SMOTHERED with sauce, and a handful of caramel cups.

....and then Dad made pizza for dinner and doused things liberally in ranch sauce.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #1525
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Don't feel guilty about dinner. I decided t otry out a dessert cafe for lunch. I got a HUGE crepe that was essentially a tuna salad sandwich, and it wasso big I couldn't finish it.
...then I ordered dessert. I decided to go with a one-scoop undae, of dulce de leche ice cream with caramel sauce and some sprinkle of caramel cups.
What comes back? A HUGE sundae that was closer to two coops, in a waffle bowl, SMOTHERED with sauce, and a handful of caramel cups.
That sounds amaaaaaaaazing and like waaaaaaaaaaay too much foods. I had a burger and greek yogurt. Not bad I guess. The exercises I did later burned it off anyway.

It's hard to explain something that's ingrained in you so much, but to me food isn't 'just food' it's every emotion that you've ever had stuffed into something you shove down your throat, and it hurts me to know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
....and then Dad made pizza for dinner and doused things liberally in ranch sauce.
I hope it wasn't the pizza..
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #1526
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yep. He cooked up this "cheeseburger" style pizza (it's actually quite good), annnnd then a crapload of ranch dipping sauce onto the plate... yup. Think I need to make an extra gym trip now. Except that I'm still sore from ballet on Tuesday and going to the gym on Wednesday only made things worse.

And I can somewhat understand. I was never exactly an emotional eater, but I did spend quite a few years as a boredom eater...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 04-12-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #1527
Lithium Flower
Handphones

That...is....not okay xD I love ranch on salads but I cannot stand it elsewhere. Even if it gets on my finger or something I can't lick it off it's too gross to me.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #1528
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I usually pick caesar dressing, but ranch comes in second.
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #1529
shushuwafflez
~*shushuwafflez*~

I just need to vent this somewhere. Because I'm about to cry and I'm super frustrated.

I run a cosplay commission business and I've just about had it with this one person! I'm doing a commission for his fiance and he wants to commission me as well. He sent in a request but I'm very busy right now with my big costume to do for Anime North at the end of May, and 5 commissions I'd like to finish before leaving for AN too! I don't have an opening till around October or even later this year and he has done nothing but pester me with "when am I gonna hear back from you" literally every day since he sent in the request through facebook. Also I've caught a flu and I'm still recovering at the moment.

I'm super pissed off and it feels like harassment. I love what I do and I'm very happy that I can do cosplay commission full time, but this guys is seriously getting to my nerves. All my clients so far have been very patient and kind. I've always made sure my clients get what they pay for and have it on time. This guy, I just want him out of my life, but I don't think that's happening till I finish his fiance's costume, which by the way apparently she try to take full credit for making it, on a forum somewhere.

I've told him now about 3 times that I will reply when I find the time and he still pestered me and I've started ignore him. Now he started to post on my facebook page wall where everyone can see it. I really don't appreciate this either. On top of that I'm pretty sure this is the same request he sent me months ago that I've already turned down! the fury I feel right now is going to take a whole lot to douse.

I don't like asking for help on these kind of matters but, I really wish there was someone out there to put this guy in his place. He lives locally to me too, and he doesn't have a very good rep with anyone and both local cons don't approve of him either. My usual ways to deal with clients doesn't work on him because he is too dense in the head. I dunno what to doooo!!!!

Last edited by shushuwafflez : 04-13-2012 at 01:34 PM.
shushuwafflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #1530
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
I really don't appreciate this either. On top of that I'm pretty sure this is the same request he sent me months ago that I've already turned down! the furry
It's fury, not furry, for a second there I thought he was a furry or wanted a furry costume for his fiance. :-P Block him, and tell him down right. Due to his pestering you feel it is not the best to handle his commission. Seriously you don't need to be shoved around, there are some of us who try to find commissioners and prefer not everyone annoyed into giving up. If your a good commissioner no one is going to believe one persons word over many.

Heads up, and try to get better.