Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #2341
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

OMG people to night are being so stupid I just want to cry. At first I noticed cars were refusing to go in. Then eventaully one u-turned and came back to me. They couldn't get in somethign was in the middle of the road. Thinking you know it was actually something considerable I walked to the gate checked to see what it was. >_< Some one drew a comic cat about 4 inches in height and taped it to the road. Traffic was backing up because no one would drive over a paper cat. A single poorly drawn cat. And even as I was there before I could remove it I tried to flag traffic through so I could safely remove it with out getting run over but people wouldn't. Sure they'll try to run me over, but not a paper cat.

Unread 05-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #2342
Odile
Comic Book Zombie

I'm having one of those stupid nights where I'm being all judgemental about the way I look. Which is stupid AND pointless.
Unread 05-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #2343
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makira View Post
Fucking 12 year old kids (or people that act/type that way) on the DeviantART forums. I swear I've never seen so many unintelligent human beings gather together at once.
meh I just started using DA again recently after one 'a my friends kept linking me back. I don't even take the nonsense that goes on there seriously but at the same time I'm probably not even active enough to run into the crap xD
Manjoume Jun - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #2344
BlindMaiden101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMayDrako View Post
OMG people to night are being so stupid I just want to cry. At first I noticed cars were refusing to go in. Then eventaully one u-turned and came back to me. They couldn't get in somethign was in the middle of the road. Thinking you know it was actually something considerable I walked to the gate checked to see what it was. >_< Some one drew a comic cat about 4 inches in height and taped it to the road. Traffic was backing up because no one would drive over a paper cat. A single poorly drawn cat. And even as I was there before I could remove it I tried to flag traffic through so I could safely remove it with out getting run over but people wouldn't. Sure they'll try to run me over, but not a paper cat.
people are stupid! we maybe "more intelligent" than other animals but in a way we're also less intelligent! look at state of world, dont tell me were really smart
BlindMaiden101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #2345
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaiden101 View Post
people are stupid! we maybe "more intelligent" than other animals but in a way we're also less intelligent! look at state of world, dont tell me were really smart
Can't argue with that. We have done away with survival of the fittest rule for so long that so many of those who would have never survived have survived, and worse have breed (sp?).

People here drive through caution tape, try to run over us gaurds or other pedestrians, cush cones with their SUVs, HELL they didn't even stop for a smooshed possem in the middle of the gate, but a paper cat; well that finially stops them. I think for saftey reasons for the holidays we need to put paper cats where we don't want people to drive.

-edit- Should note I did find the kids who did this. However after having time to think about it I couldn't bring my self to notify their parents. Face it they didn't make a huge mess and their prank was a success. But I did ask them to save their mischeif for swing shift.

Last edited by RoMayDrako : 05-20-2012 at 08:19 AM.
RoMayDrako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #2346
Makira
Show me where ya noms at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujyoshi View Post
meh I just started using DA again recently after one 'a my friends kept linking me back. I don't even take the nonsense that goes on there seriously but at the same time I'm probably not even active enough to run into the crap xD

It's just that I see it on almost every single forum post, there are a lot of trolls there and no one can make a forum topic without getting run down. I try not to say much because I don't want to become a target, lol.
Social Cosplay- http://www.socialcos.com/profile/41
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/MissMakira

Cons- AM2, Anime Expo 2012, Anime Vegas 2012, Animegacon 2012
Makira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #2347
kittymutt
Belgium Waffles

I hate how some of my friends act like having a mental illness is some sort of competition. It's all about "who has it the worst" never, "how to cope with it." I find it kind of annoying and stupid. It's true that everyone with a certain illness has different degrees of it, but trying to be the "winner" of having it "the worst" is just ridiculous.

I simply don't understand why someone would want to be known as having it the worst, unless they want to have a pity party or attention, which for one of them, this seems to be the case. I just can't really think of any other reason as to why they would want to compete with others about it. I'd personally rather not have our shared illness at all. I hate having it. :/
kittymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #2348
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymutt View Post
I hate how some of my friends act like having a mental illness is some sort of competition. It's all about "who has it the worst" never, "how to cope with it." I find it kind of annoying and stupid. It's true that everyone with a certain illness has different degrees of it, but trying to be the "winner" of having it "the worst" is just ridiculous.
oh how the mentally inferior entertain themselves ... seriously though they shouldn't even be joking about that at all under any curcumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makira View Post
It's just that I see it on almost every single forum post, there are a lot of trolls there and no one can make a forum topic without getting run down. I try not to say much because I don't want to become a target, lol.
Yea its best to just stick wit who you know on there.
Manjoume Jun - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #2349
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

So I get ready to get off of work and my supervisor gets on the computer and tries to get a program working. After listening her rant about how the techs didn't do her job and how the program still wasn't running it's program after it started I reached over selected a program and hit run. Moral of the story is computers don't just magically run programs they need to be ordered which one to run.

Then I come to work and there's a complaint that the computer froze as she was kicking up past video files. I told her because LogMeIn eats all this emachines CPU that she has to choose cameras or internet NOT both. There isn't enough CPU to handle both with out it crashing. Furthermore if she is trying to convert large files into differnt file formats she needs to quit LogMeIn first.

I should just shut my mouth I don't get paid to be the computer tech.

-edit-

Just now a young man came up to the gaurd shack and asked to be let in. I told him that we do not let pedestrians in. That is when he replied "I am not a pedestrian, I am a resident". I explained to him what a pedestrian was and I was met with a "oh really, okay".

I blame everything on the solar eclipse. By tommarow hopefully things will be back to a higher level of inteligence... Knock on wood.

Last edited by RoMayDrako : 05-21-2012 at 02:17 AM.
RoMayDrako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #2350
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMayDrako View Post
Then I come to work and there's a complaint that the computer froze as she was kicking up past video files. I told her because LogMeIn eats all this emachines CPU that she has to choose cameras or internet NOT both. There isn't enough CPU to handle both with out it crashing. Furthermore if she is trying to convert large files into differnt file formats she needs to quit LogMeIn first.
...I know you only said it in jest, but that's making my eye twitch. XD

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #2351
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
...I know you only said it in jest, but that's making my eye twitch. XD
Oh I already have developed an eye twitch with this job. Especially tonight things have taken another turn down the tubes. Waiting for morning to come to see if things will get even worse. XD Computer wise thankfully my two days off start after 7am today so I won't have to deal with any issues here.
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #2352
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I just cleaned out the drain in my shower.

After pulling out a wad of hair and making the mistake of breathing through my nose I decided to just wash my hands (twice), put on some gloves and stuff it full of sodium hydroxide (the drain, not my gloves). All the sodium hydroxide. How do you like me now, disgusting grey goop! If you weren't soap before you're getting saponified!

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #2353
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:

After pulling out a wad of hair and making the mistake of breathing through my nose I decided to just wash my hands (twice), put on some gloves and stuff it full of sodium hydroxide (the drain, not my gloves). All the sodium hydroxide. How do you like me now, disgusting grey goop! If you weren't soap before you're getting saponified!
Oh sh-t Bisected is playing with chemicals again.
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #2354
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:

Well, there went my appetite for breakfast...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #2355
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymutt View Post

I simply don't understand why someone would want to be known as having it the worst, unless they want to have a pity party or attention, which for one of them, this seems to be the case. I just can't really think of any other reason as to why they would want to compete with others about it. I'd personally rather not have our shared illness at all. I hate having it. :/
When I was young I was friends with a girl named Tatiana who was like this. Then she switches schools before we moved to High School and it was awesome to not be around her ever again. Even my mother was happy we weren't friends anymore, she was miserable to be around.

Want to know what else is charming? When someone finds out that I had some issues and was sent to Family Services then transferred by them to a children's therapist and they say something to the effect of: "I would have never guessed something was wrong with you"
And I am all like:

Um. Thanks? I...guess...

Or people who talk about that folks with depression, bi-polar disorder, anxiety disorder, etc shouldn't have children because it 'puts them at risk' to hurt their children or to pass their illness onto their children. This is usually said by people who are unaware of my colorful history.

In terms of people discussing their bullshit, I understand that at a certain point people just don't care about discussing it anymore. They get tired of feeling guilty and ashamed of themselves and just become upfront and honest about it. There's no reason for someone to feel like they should hide. But that is worlds apart from;

"I CUT MYSELF 5 TIMES LAST NIGHT."

"WELL I CUT MYSELF 10 TIMES"

That^ is based on actual conversations my old 'friends' had. I wish I was kidding.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote